Front Wheel - K3 SV1000S - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ United Kingdom
Front Wheel - K3 SV1000S

Hi everyone, I'm after a front wheel for a K3 SV1000S as I have buckled mine. The wheels on my bike are Silver at the moment so Silver would be preferred but other colours will be considered! Let me know if you have anything, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 03:28 PM
I love my SV

♂ United Kingdom
West Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsw46 View Post
Hi everyone, I'm after a front wheel for a K3 SV1000S as I have buckled mine. The wheels on my bike are Silver at the moment so Silver would be preferred but other colours will be considered! Let me know if you have anything, thanks.
Have you looked on eBay........... I'm sure other model Suzuki's have the same wheels.. do a part number cross reference.... Also Motoliner at Maidstone Kent can straighten out most buckles and dents.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 20th May 2017, 04:45 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Ireland
Dublin
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsw46 View Post
Suzuki Sv Parts 04 For Sale in Balrothery, Dublin from Northcodublincars16@

2005 SV1000S, Custom High Level Exhaust System, Yoshimura RS3 Race Exhausts, Heli Bars, TRE, Raised Tank, K&N Air Filter, Removed Snorkel, 16/42 Sprocket,DID Gold Chain, Seat Cowl, Rear Hugger, Tinted Screen, Headlight Protectors, Aftermarket Mirrors,Stubby Levers, Aftermarket Seat Cover, Carbon Fiber Front Fender & Extender, TLR Gear Shift Arm,Carbon Fiber Clutch Cover, Carbon Fiber Fly Wheel Cover, Dealer Mode Switch,Cool Air manual radiator fan switch,Custom Stickers & lots more...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2017, 02:30 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Alameda, CA
Garage
If you want the replace the wheel itself and nothing else, any SV1000 wheel is compatible, as is 01-05 GSXR600, 00-05 GSXR750, 01-04 GSXR1000

If you're willing to replace the rotors as well, you can use any of the above through 2009. That encompasses two styles of wheel (thin straight spokes, thin angled spokes), which won't match your bike, but are lighter (which certainly has some advantages).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2017, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies everyone, that's really helpful! I think I'll stick to the right wheels for the bike as I'd like to keep the cost down for now.

Can anyone confirm whether the rear wheel would be the same as 01-05 GSXR600, 00-05 GSXR750, 01-04 GSXR1000 also? I may have found a pair of Black wheels from an 03 GSXR750, but not 100% as to whether the rear is the same too.

Thanks again!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th May 2017, 06:54 AM
Moped rider

♂ Czech Republic
Garage
If I remember well...the general rule is:
GSXR1000 is using 6" wide rear wheel...with 190/xx tire.
SV and GSXR600/750 are using 5,5" wheels...with 180/xx tire.

So carefull about the width. Then of course the mounting positions for brake caliper, sprocket carrier and wheel spacers must be fine for direct swap...but I am blind in this area.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.