What did you do to your SV today? - SV1000 Portal
 230Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 69 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Ex SVer, current SV fan

♂ Ireland
Harpenden, Hertfordshire
What did you do to your SV today?

I participate regularly in various car forums (mostly VW) and one thread on there really caught my eye: the "what did you do to your ### today?" thread.

Please post here if you rode it to work, took the dust cover off it & washed it, took the engine out, pumped up the tyres, turned on the light & looked at it... etc etc, you get the idea.

So, irrespective what you did to your SV today, post it here. If they're serious mods, please feel free to post them in the "Tweaking, Tuning..." section, but give us a little taster here first!

Hope this works, if so, might it get sticky? The thread, Mr. Rose, the thread!

Paddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 08:52 PM
Bike curious

♂ United States
Joplin MOFO
I looked at my SV today as I rolled out my Z1000 to ride to work. I have the back end apart and the seat off so I can eventually put my undertail on it. It looked so sad as I haven't ridden her since the fall. She just doesn't understand that I don't want to expose her to road salt. I'll have to spend some quality time with her this weekend to get her sorted out.
shark likes this.

I just want to ride fast and bang hot chicks

>>

post #3 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 08:53 PM
Waiting to go for a boat ride

♂ United States
IOWA
Nothing... So crappy and cold out that it is still sitting under the cover.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
500 RWHP, seats 5, and runs low 11's in the 1320. Yep, that'll do!

post #4 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 09:02 PM
Mr. Obvious

♂ United States
East Moline, IL
Just installed JimMac's old M4 exhaust, did the TPS mod (45 F'in minutes might I add, that little bastard moves everytime I tightened it), getting ready to install the PC3 but I need a beer at the moment otherwise my neighbor will call the after all the profanity coming out the back door of my garage

"You have to be a little crazy to ride these super-torque high-speed crotch rockets anywhere except a racetrack - and even there, they will scare the whimpering shit out of you... There is, after all, not a pig's eye worth of difference between going head-on into a Peterbilt or sideways into the bleachers."
-HST
post #5 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 09:03 PM
Farmer

♂ United States
Virginia
i thought about my SV today. but that's about it.
post #6 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 09:08 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbaldsob
I looked at my SV today as I rolled out my Z1000 to ride to work. I have the back end apart and the seat off so I can eventually put my undertail on it. It looked so sad as I haven't ridden her since the fall. She just doesn't understand that I don't want to expose her to road salt. I'll have to spend some quality time with her this weekend to get her sorted out.
how is the z1000 to ride? there is a prototype z1400, probably will be sold only in Europe
post #7 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Ex SVer, current SV fan

♂ Ireland
Harpenden, Hertfordshire
Forgot to post my own little reply to this

Installed Kenbarcon's indicators, having snapped my LHS one last summer (flopping all around the place since then)! Bought some Clear Alternatives lenses from Chewy yesterday, so they're my next fit. Sold my single seat cowl to DVS , so off to Canada that flies as we speak!

3rd annual Nurburgring trip booked today too... Apr.28th to May 1st... :supsmiley

Oh, the bike is still as fast as it was before Christmas too....

Paddy
post #8 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 09:20 PM
Scooter boy

♂ United States
Tucson, Arizona
hoped on it and went to the grocery store, but first I ran my favorite set of curves by the house and beat my best time by 2.3 seconds. Trying to get my suspension set just right for my kind of riding.

A single act does not make you a hero, a life of great action does.
Silver '03 sv1kN, snorkel removal, chewies raisers, K&N air filter, Homemade 2-1 Holeshot high rise, PCIII Dyno tuned, custom sprung ZX10 rear, 05 GSXR1000 front end
post #9 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 09:37 PM
Highway Biker

♂ United States
Hemet CA
I stayed at work last night so I have not seen her in 2 days I have duty tonight so it will be wed. before I can see my beloved SV1000s that is oh and the wife to.

RETREAT HELL!! WE JUST GOT HERE.

Yoish 3/4 sys. PC3,Air box lid removed, home made undertail, TRE, Steel brake lines, TLR shifter arm for 1 up 5 down, 42 T Sprocket.and more to come...
post #10 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 09:37 PM
Bike curious

♂ United States
Joplin MOFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeyrer
how is the z1000 to ride? there is a prototype z1400, probably will be sold only in Europe
It's very nice. It has pretty darn good wind protection for a naked bike and I actually prefer its riding position over the naked SV's. Its bars are about an inch closer so I can sit just a bit more upright. It's deceptively fast too. Pretty gutless below about 6,500 rpm but it makes up for it with a ferocious top-end hit by 8,000 rpm. It buzzes a lot if you are over 6,000 rpm and gets about 10 mpg less on the highway than the SV does. I broke in the stock seat so now I don't get monkey butt too badly until about two hours into my ride on it. I have pretty much relegated it to daily commuter duty and except for its 35-40 mpg mileage at 75-80 mph, it's been perfect for the commute. Very nice second bike but of course the SV is far and away my favorite. After our local highway departments quit salting the bridges and overpasses, I'll be on the SV more often than the Z. I like the looks of the Kawi a lot and I find most the mockup pics of the Z1400 very appealing. But unless I get super sport liter+ bike, I plan on staying with big twins. Nothing feels like a big twin!
slatanik likes this.

I just want to ride fast and bang hot chicks

>>

post #11 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 09:37 PM
Gone Surfing

♂ United States
Dillon Beach,CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsracer

Same here

Jeff......Gearhead, land & Sea.

With No Definite Future (And No Purpose Other Than To Prevail Somehow...)
post #12 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 09:44 PM
loving toronto

♂ Canada
toronto, on
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsracer

post #13 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 10:22 PM
Mile eater

♂ United States
Charleston, TN
Nuthin much. Rode to work in this nice mid '70s weather. I DID give it a bath on Sunday and put the 40t rear sprocket back on for the ride to Daytona on Thursday.

RIDE NAKED, Sit up and take it like a man!
post #14 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 10:35 PM
D'oh, nuts.....mmm Donuts

♂ England
Venta Bulgarum
the Sv, wel it got started up at 7.30am this morning, warmed up for a couple of minutes whilst i put my wet weather gear on, rolled out of the garage and the journey to work began, 5 mile there, and Its been pissssissting it down all day today, 5mile back home, as always, as it has done for the past 18months ,oh yeah, the back wheel stepped out a couple of time's powering on

Riding Starship Ncc 1701 A
post #15 of 15622 (permalink) Old 7th March 2006, 10:47 PM
Mmmm Kate

♂ United States
Los Angeles, California
Just got back from Vegas late yesterday. So, I just gave the SV a quick polish today. That was about it for me and the SV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't have an English accent because this is what English sounds like when spoken properly" - James Carr

Scooters are for men who want to ride motorcycles, but prefer to feel the wind on their vaginas.

I'd rather tea bag a hungry lion than buy a Harley Davidson.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.