• 1 Post By RecoilRob

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 13th May 2017, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ Australia
Toowoomba
Mystery exhaust

Hi all.

My 05 SV1000s came with twin carbon exhausts and have the Termignoni stickers on them.
I've done a little googling and can't find a link to a Termi pipe for the SV anywhere.
Does anybody have these pipes or have they ever seen them?

I did originally want a Ducati Monster but bought the SV because economically it made far more sense.
The best part is its a red bike, black frame, big v-twin and has twin Termi pipes. I think i scored

Other than being a little long in dimension i think they do actually look and sound like a Ducati.
Love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers
-Cain
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170507_103847.jpg (472.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 20170507_103907.jpg (474.3 KB, 29 views)
slatanik likes this.

I have to get a licence to drive a motorcycle to protect myself and the people around me. I am adamant there should be some sort of licensing required to have children - Tim Allen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 13th May 2017, 02:29 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Mystery exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain Mckechnie View Post
Hi all.

My 05 SV1000s came with twin carbon exhausts and have the Termignoni stickers on them.

I've done a little googling and can't find a link to a Termi pipe for the SV anywhere.

I did originally want a Ducati Monster but bought the SV because economically it made far more sense.

The best part is its a red bike, black frame, big v-twin and has twin Termi pipes. I think i scored

Other than being a little long in dimension i think they do actually look and sound like a Ducati.

Cheers

-Cain

It is hard to tell from your pictures, but they look a bunch like Leo Vince carbon cans.

-ms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th May 2017, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ Australia
Toowoomba
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt314 View Post
It is hard to tell from your pictures, but they look a. Inch like Leo Vince carbon cans.

-ms
Interesting. I should have included better pics, here are some more.
Are the internals similar between the different can manufacturers? I'm considering cutting them shorter and have watched a couple
of how to's on the subject.

-Cain
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170415_124256.jpg (236.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20170415_124305.jpg (229.6 KB, 22 views)

I have to get a licence to drive a motorcycle to protect myself and the people around me. I am adamant there should be some sort of licensing required to have children - Tim Allen

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th May 2017, 12:28 AM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Interesting. I should have included better pics, here are some more.

Are the internals similar between the different can manufacturers? I'm considering cutting them shorter and have watched a couple

of how to's on the subject.

-Cain

Usually pretty similar guts. Make sure if you do cut them that you do a perfect job of cutting the carbon fiber. If not it will splinter and crack later on.
-ms

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th May 2017, 12:32 AM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Usually pretty similar guts. Make sure if you do cut them that you do a perfect job of cutting the carbon fiber. If not it will splinter and crack later on.
-ms

I thought Termigoni did make cans for SV1000s.

-ms

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th May 2017, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ Australia
Toowoomba
Quote:
I thought Termigoni did make cans for SV1000s.

-ms
They quite possibly could have. I'm almost certain they don't make them now the SV is no longer in production.
Thanks for the tips on cutting the carbon fibre. I'm a little worried now, maybe i'll live with them.

-Cain

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th May 2017, 05:36 AM
Highway Biker

♂ New Zealand
Auckland,New Zealand
Garage
Quote:
Hi all.

Cheers
-Cain

Those exhausts look very much like Leo vince pipes like Mike said.
Cutting them shorter will make them a lot louder,if that is not an issue go for it.
Is true that they look more "sportier" if you cut them shorter.
Cutting and drilling the Carbon sleeves is a risky job,they can crack easily.
Hope this helps
Ps.
You bought a really nice bike!

Flush front indicators,mini rear indicators with polished aluminium mounting plates,electronic flasher relay,frame sliders,TRE,Home made radar detector support,white led strips under headlight,black anodized aluminium radiator grille,pack rack
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th May 2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ Australia
Toowoomba
Quote:
Originally Posted by slatanik View Post
Those exhausts look very much like Leo vince pipes like Mike said.
Cutting them shorter will make them a lot louder,if that is not an issue go for it.
Is true that they look more "sportier" if you cut them shorter.
Cutting and drilling the Carbon sleeves is a risky job,they can crack easily.
Hope this helps
Ps.
You bought a really nice bike!
Thanks for the info mate. My intention to mod the pipes is purely aesthetic reasoning.
They sound great already, especially under throttle and they're far enough behind me that
they don't drone on the highway like my pipe on my GS500. Doesn't sound like it's worth the risk.

It is a super great bike indeed, and i'm not done yet, more improvements to come

-Cain
slatanik likes this.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th May 2017, 01:29 PM
Forum whore

♂ United States
SW Pennsylvania, USA
Just a reminder to be cautious when changing anything on the bike as much of the induction and exhaust are tuned components and ANY change will affect how it runs. Unless you are pretty skilled and have thought out the ramifications of the mod...changing things might move the powerband in the wrong direction than you intended.

I know you've now said you won't cut the cans, but if you end up changing your mind down the road...be advised that such a thing will alter the power production. Most of the time...cutting the cans moves the power upward in the revs...meaning it hurts the bottom and midrange. Whether it actually adds anything to the top end depends on other things in the motor so...please be careful with the mods. Our Mike Schmidt314 has done a LOT of tinkering with these bikes and knows well what does what...so if you're wondering about a change here and there...bounce it off the forum first just so you don't end up hurting the power that you're trying to improve.
slatanik likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 15th May 2017, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ Australia
Toowoomba
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecoilRob View Post
Just a reminder to be cautious when changing anything on the bike as much of the induction and exhaust are tuned components and ANY change will affect how it runs. Unless you are pretty skilled and have thought out the ramifications of the mod...changing things might move the powerband in the wrong direction than you intended.

I know you've now said you won't cut the cans, but if you end up changing your mind down the road...be advised that such a thing will alter the power production. Most of the time...cutting the cans moves the power upward in the revs...meaning it hurts the bottom and midrange. Whether it actually adds anything to the top end depends on other things in the motor so...please be careful with the mods. Our Mike Schmidt314 has done a LOT of tinkering with these bikes and knows well what does what...so if you're wondering about a change here and there...bounce it off the forum first just so you don't end up hurting the power that you're trying to improve.
Thanks for the info mate. There is a huge collective of valuable information on these boards for sure.
I think i'll stick with the pipes at least for now and get it tuned at a dyno.
The original owner installed the pipes, K&N filter and a PCIII but only loaded the stock map, he didnt even know which one

There is a local race mechanic here who was on the suzuki moto team and he does dyno tuning.
After a throttle body and TPS check ill take it over his way.

-Cain

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 15th May 2017, 02:38 PM
Scooter boy

Canada
Montreal, QC
My cans look pretty identical to those. Also a mystery but some people here said they were cut down Yoshi cans. Incase you wanted to know what they look like cut down:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...psuczgzdaq.jpg

I suppose actually what the bike looks like completely loaded up with cut down cans. If you care I can snap a pic in the next few days.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th May 2017, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ Australia
Toowoomba
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanislejay View Post
My cans look pretty identical to those. Also a mystery but some people here said they were cut down Yoshi cans. Incase you wanted to know what they look like cut down:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...psuczgzdaq.jpg

I suppose actually what the bike looks like completely loaded up with cut down cans. If you care I can snap a pic in the next few days.
Wow, forget the cans. How do you see over all that luggage? Do you make a peep hole and hope nobody cuts you off?

They do look good shortened up, but now i'm liking both looks. Damn it.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th May 2017, 01:22 PM
Scooter boy

Canada
Montreal, QC
The tank bag only comes up to mid chest. And that pic was loaded up for this trip: https://goo.gl/maps/KhNV9VBKQtR2
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 17th May 2017, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ Australia
Toowoomba
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanislejay View Post
The tank bag only comes up to mid chest. And that pic was loaded up for this trip: https://goo.gl/maps/KhNV9VBKQtR2
Holy crap, that's impressive. Obviously the SV is made to do some miles, wow. More impressive if somebody could do that with the standard clip ons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.