• 1 Post By kamza
  • 1 Post By D.T.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th May 2017, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
Stator magnets

Good Morning All

I need some help and advice. So I took the stator cover off over the weekend to check why I had the charging issue. Turns out a few magnets came loose and one was broken so I need to replace it. I called a second hand shop this morning to find out if they had magenets to sell, the guy said once they come loose they lose their polarity and are useless. You have to replace the whole component. Is there any truth to this as I have read posts of other guys simply fixing the same problem by glueing the magnets back on.

Im out in South Africa and if there is anyne out there who knows where I can buy these magenets please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th May 2017, 11:53 AM
Scooter boy

♂ United States
Houston, Texas
The guy in the second hand shop is an idiot. You can replace the magnets. But that means you will have to get them from another owner that had a bad rotor also. They may have bought a new one, or had other magnets destroyed and saved theirs. They are NOT available new from any source. Besides ordering a new Rotor ( around $270 US from Partzilla here in the States ) you will just have to post in the wanted section or try some salvage/breakers to buy a used rotor.

Then do some research on the "JB Weld Fix".

WERKS modified clutch baskets for your SV 1000.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th May 2017, 02:21 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
Tsakane, South Africa
Garage
yeah finding magnets in south africa is highly impossible, evryone who has an SV1000 keeps them for life and rarely crashes those machines. I have looked far and wide in South Africa and also am unable to find flywheel magnets, or even one second hand flywheel.Best thing save up R5000 and buy a new one from a Suzuki shop.
trumindgame likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 02:48 PM
Weekend cruiser

♂ United States
Good ole shitsuzuki back at it again. Hate that process. But I think once it's replaced properly you don't have to worry about it again. Usually Magents stator, battery and rr by the time it's found.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2017, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
Afternoon Guys

So I put the magnets back on and my baby is charging at the right volatage now. I need help with 2 more things still if you can assist. I need to set the idle speed a bit up and reset the time clock. Does anyone know how to do that please.

Thanks
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2017, 10:51 AM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
There should be a philllips screw head sticking out the left side of the frame for the idle speed. CW is higher speed I think.

Hold both the sel and adj buttons down at the same time for around 3+ seconds to adjust the clock.
Marky26 likes this.

Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
Thanks a million. All sorted and good to go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.