Power commander? ||| or V???? - SV1000 Portal
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10th November 2016, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Scooter boy

♂ Afghanistan
Power commander? ||| or V????

I want to put a power commander to my sv 1000 k3. My sv has cans, tre, airbox mod and pair blanked. Which is better? Power commander 3 or V??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10th November 2016, 08:33 PM
Highway Biker

♂ Greece
Ioannina
Garage
Power commander V. Among others it has more pluggable options like the autotune which is a powerful tool to optimize the fi system of the sv

Sent from my 6043D using Tapatalk

George Philos
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10th November 2016, 10:36 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paekeajiab View Post
I want to put a power commander to my sv 1000 k3. My sv has cans, tre, airbox mod and pair blanked. Which is better? Power commander 3 or V??
PCV is the way to go. Not only auto tune capable (Also need the auto tune unit to plug in) but has ignition timing capability w/o having to purchase the ignition box.

-MS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11th November 2016, 10:43 PM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
I want a PC5 now. Found one for $314 shipped.

Why doesn't money grow on trees!

Make that $308!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-SV1000...ZU7gMw&vxp=mtr

I should get one, maybe I can put it into my Vstrom too.

Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12th November 2016, 01:06 AM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
I want a PC5 now. Found one for $314 shipped.

Why doesn't money grow on trees!

Make that $308!

03-07 SV1000/S Dynojet PC-5 PCV Power Commander 20-041 | eBay

I should get one, maybe I can put it into my Vstrom too.
Motomummy! is usually the best price around for the DynoJet stuff as you have found. You can go straight through their website also.

-MS
D.T. likes this.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12th November 2016, 12:12 PM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
Yes! $289.00 when you go through their website.

https://www.motomummy.com/index.php?p=home

Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12th November 2016, 04:03 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T. View Post
Yes! $289.00 when you go through their website.

https://www.motomummy.com/index.php?p=home

I think it is $309. If you select the SV1000 unit is says +$20 because it is an ignition capable unit.
-ms

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12th November 2016, 11:23 PM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
Nope. $269 + $20 for the ignition option.

All orders ship for free too!

Just spent $429 on a UHD TV so not going to get one.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12th November 2016, 11:24 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Scotland
Scotland
Garage
353.16 in the UK, sickening.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 13th November 2016, 08:21 AM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
353 BP = $444 USD

Have it shipped over there!

"Overseas orders (orders not shipping withing the US or Canada) have a flat rate of $35 per order. However, items that or over weight or over sized such as exhausts, full suits, chains/chain kits, tires, and other large or heavy items may not be included in this flat rate pricing. We will contact you after you place your order to give you the lowest shipping quote possible. You can also contact us prior to ordering to ask for a shipping rate for these select items to your location."

No competition over there? Import taxes? VAT?

So capitalism isn't so bad after all eh?

http://www.aguanomics.com/2012/02/wh...-so-cheap.html

Housing and taxes really stick it to Americans. Other than that it's nice!

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 13th November 2016, 11:25 PM
I love my SV

♂ United Kingdom
West Kent
Same as Motion Pro stuff so bloody expensive here in the UK....
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th December 2016, 08:33 AM
Moped rider

♂ Czech Republic
Garage
I am also considering to get the PC V for my SV, yet few things to straight up first.

1) The O2 sensor must be disconnected, right? So the ECU does not adjust, what is PC trying to change.
2) The TRE must be applied, so there is no restriction for 1st/2nd gear, right? Aka, the stock must ECU use only 1 solid map all the time and then let all the work to PC V?
3) On the other hand, when you use GPS sensor output (before TRE), you can eventually work with different fuel maps for each gear on PC V, right?
4) Go with auto-tune or spend the money for the dyno? Also anyone knows, if the auto-tune O2 sensor will fit into the standard SV port bung? I am more leaned to auto-tune, as I like to sniff around, do the stuff by myself + I would like to have a normal touring/fuel ecconomy map as well as a sharp racing/sporty one.
5) Is it possible to use PC V analog input for MAP sensor and make the tuning based on MAP? Or the PC V PTI would be required to do that?

Thanks for any info
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th December 2016, 05:40 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasha View Post
I am also considering to get the PC V for my SV, yet few things to straight up first.

1) The O2 sensor must be disconnected, right? So the ECU does not adjust, what is PC trying to change.

2) The TRE must be applied, so there is no restriction for 1st/2nd gear, right? Aka, the stock must ECU use only 1 solid map all the time and then let all the work to PC V?

3) On the other hand, when you use GPS sensor output (before TRE), you can eventually work with different fuel maps for each gear on PC V, right?

4) Go with auto-tune or spend the money for the dyno? Also anyone knows, if the auto-tune O2 sensor will fit into the standard SV port bung? I am more leaned to auto-tune, as I like to sniff around, do the stuff by myself + I would like to have a normal touring/fuel ecconomy map as well as a sharp racing/sporty one.

5) Is it possible to use PC V analog input for MAP sensor and make the tuning based on MAP? Or the PC V PTI would be required to do that?

Thanks for any info

1. There should be instructions on the disabling of the OEM O2 sensor. A PCV enables you to change ignition timing and injector duration.

2. A TRE is not required, and the PC will work fine with it or without it.

3. I don't think PCVs out of the box can do FI trimming based on gear. Bazzzaz boxes do, but nothing available for the SV1000.

4. The Bosch wide band sensors do not fit the OEM bung. You will need a weld in 18mm X 1.5. Auto tune will work pretty well, but lower rpms can be an issue due to reversion that can give false signals to the sensor. You should be able to make 1 map that gives freeway economy and great power. Just trim back at your cruise rpms.

5. I am not sure you you want to tune via the MAP sensor.

-ms

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 26th December 2016, 04:09 PM
Moped rider

♂ Czech Republic
Garage
Thanks for answer.

Regarding 3) it can....see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfHOrQaow34

Well, I was reading quite a bit about it already and I think I go for it (PC V and auto-tune)...but most likely later on, since Feb or so.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 26th December 2016, 04:21 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasha View Post
Thanks for answer.

Regarding 3) it can....see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfHOrQaow34

Well, I was reading quite a bit about it already and I think I go for it (PC V and auto-tune)...but most likely later on, since Feb or so.

Yes, correct. But out of the box I don't think it can. You will have to build the harness and get the unit trained to do it.
-ms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.