What does the PCIII do when powered off and still connected? - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Scooter boy

Canada
Montreal, QC
What does the PCIII do when powered off and still connected?

My bike has a PCIII but I haven't even bothered playing with it since I bought the bike. I knew it wasn't tuned right but it was fine more or less for my needs so I just left it, knowing it was something I would get into eventually but I am a procrastinator so tomorrow didn't come until yesterday.

Generally I had a pretty bad bog around 3500 rpm which seems pretty standard from reading posts on here, and I would bog out at higher throttle, like I could bog it out in any gear by cracking the throttle open and it would limit my immediatly reachable top speed to about 150km/h that I could creep up to 175 ish if I was super delicate and the road was flat and straight. When I cracked the throttle and the engine would bog I could spell it was very very rich.

Last night I discovered that the PC wouldn't even power up, and I found that the negative power connector was just completely disconnected. When I connected it the unit still had no power. IO imagine a blown fuse or the positive is also disconnected somewhere but this was just a short window of time and I didn't have a wiring diagram with me so I tested simply unplugging it and it seemed to clear up pretty much all the problems I was having. I haven't had it out on open highway to really test it yet, but I think I have already noticed a pretty big difference.

So I know I am probably not ideally tuned right now, I have cut down yoshi bolt ons and a high flow filter, but it's a lot better for the moment. I'll figure it out some time, but why does the PC cause problems when it's powered down? Is it interrupting or sinking a signal even when powered off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 03:44 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Alameda, CA
Garage
The only places mine is connected is injector harness and the ground. I'm surprised yours ran with it plugged into the injectors but not grounded (mine didn't).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Scooter boy

Canada
Montreal, QC
I also have just a single connector and the ground. On the PC manual it shows the PC harness connected to the fuel connector, the TPS both inline, but I only have one single ended connector.

And at the moment the entire unit is disconnected and I haven't plugged anything else back into that harness point where the PC was connected.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th May 2017, 08:07 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Alameda, CA
Garage
Where is the single connector attached?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.