SV Portal Forums banner

k6 sv1000 wont start

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  SUNNY 
#1 ·
hi im new to this forum HI

ive got a k6 sv1000 i washed it last year and when i went to go out on it the next day it wouldnt start . it turns over but will not fire theres no f1 light or not f1 codes on dash

can any body point me in the right direction

#6 ·
its just turning over with no signs of life what so ever

but to day ive cleaned and checked all the wiring connections and clesaned the contacts at the coils and im now getting a very weak spark every now and then but only with the plug touching a earth pull it a way a little bit and the spark stops

voltage and resitance in crank sensor ar lovely so im thinking its the ecm now

#8 ·
As Ken said you need the plug earthed to get a spark. Check your battery, ironically you might have enough volts to turn the engine over but not enough for a decent spark. Charge it up overnight and try again.

#13 ·
#14 ·
Hi dunnie, did you get your bike sorted as it sounds the same I am having on my 2006 model. Changed the stator, changed the front coil, changed ecu, changed the battery, still no joy. Think I may have got water in front cylinder when I washed it! Must be the weather we are having here in Kent!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.