SV Portal Forums banner

hesitation

4K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  D.T. 
#1 ·
i have an 07 with 13500 miles on it i have hesitation at very light throttle and the idle is erratic. i have done the tps, tb sync, i dont know what else to do.

#2 ·
You are real close to the suggested 15K service where the valves should be checked. A tight one or three can cause drive-ability problems for sure. Spark plugs should have been changed a couple times by now too. And, checking for loose TB boot connections and other vacuum leakage a worthwhile thing to cross off the list. The '07 shouldn't be surging/hesitating at all if everything is up to snuff.

#7 ·
Idle speed set over 1250? Check for stored codes?
At what RPM are you having this hesitation?

It could even be a bad TPS.

A spray bottle with water will work for helping to locate/determine a vacuum issue.

#8 ·
ive had it set at 1200 then it wanted to start cutting off so i had to bump it up over 1250 and it still wants to move all over the place. it seems like it can happen in gear i could be starting off with minimal throttle it happens or cruising in gear with minimal throttle.

#10 ·
You may well have an STV motor going south. It's happened before (though rare).

A vacuum problem is the sort of thing that wouldn't be intermitant.

#12 ·
I have one more question.
When you did the TB sync, did you sync it at idle? Or did you run the RPMs up?

If sync'd at idle, it could be off just above idle and not work well. I generally set it for the best average from idle to about 3 grand or so.

I'm not trying to insult you. Just trying to help you find a free solution if there is one.

#16 ·
ive done the resistance test as the manual says im getting 0.00 on measuring both wires, and red/black wire and ground i get 0.02 so i think the motor is bad. if so i was looking at the part fiche and i dont see it listed to buy separate and on ebay looks i would have to buy the whole throttle body assembly. couldnt i just remove tb plates temporarly until i can get a another motor

#20 ·
with dyno runs about $800 New Zealand dollars. Wasn't cheap, but it's a one off cost good for the life time of the bike. Got rid of all the rough spots, made it a hell of a lot smoother and got more mid/top end power. Only down side is that now she's a lot more thirsty. Well worth it though.

You could try a PCIII instead. Most on this site seem to have that, and only a few seem to go down the TEKA route.

#25 ·
well after many years of putting up with the hesitation, the culprit was the key to the drive gear had worn. I'm guessing the wear caused some timing issues but the key has been replaced and no hesitation. the nut had backed off the drive gear the year i had originally posted this thread. should of just pulled everything apart then.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.