Go Back   SV1000 Portal > General SV stuff > Tweaking, Tuning & Tricking

Old 18th May 2010, 04:30 AM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
Canada
Bike: 2003 sv1000s
Power commander map

Hi,
I have an american 2003 sv1000s with D&D slip-ons and k&N air filter. I need a map for my bike's specs and to stop the god damn backfires that it keeps doing when I install those slip-ons (no backfire with stock exhaust). Does someone has a good map for me?

BTW: A performance map would be much appreciated, I wanna gain some hp too

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18th May 2010, 05:23 AM
Low down dirty whore
 ♂
Germany
St Leon, GE
Bike: 2012 ZX10R*2005 SV1k race
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...s/Default.aspx
WTB 400-500 2-stroke track bike
Old 18th May 2010, 06:15 AM
"Kiss my Ass"
 ♂
England
Hunmanby, North East.
Bike: GSX1400
Awards Showcase
Forum Navigator: For those who know their way around the deepest, darkest parts of this site. - Issue reason:  Spam Fighter: Spam Fighter for those members who identify over 10 spammers who dare grace our forum! - Issue reason: for services to the eradication of spammers! Dumb Ass: For being a total Dumb Ass - Issue reason: It was so nicely asked for by a forum member...  Hmm... Wonder who that was... International Rescue: For providing aid and succour to a fellow SVer in distress on foreign shores. - Issue reason: For helping rescue Mr Rose Track Day: For those attending a trackday on their SV - Issue reason: For riding the Nurburgring! Rideout Leader: for guiding all those who meet up around the specific routes - Issue reason: 07 meet International Visitors Award: ...for those that have travelled abroad to meet up and ride with other members in a far off land - Issue reason: maz&nigel Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: A shock for Slyboy Helping Hand: For helping site members and sharing mechanical expertise IN PERSON. - Issue reason: Nominated by a fellow member Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason: Helping Chewy out on the pre-ride recce :) Discount Chief: For those who have negotiated a site discount - Issue reason:  Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 13
You can stop the backfires by blocking the hole in the air box.
Old 18th May 2010, 06:36 AM
Hardcore Biker
 ♂
England
Aldridge, West Midlands, UK
Bike: 08 Reg K6 SV1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbarcon View Post
Pair valve removal will also help
Old 18th May 2010, 06:54 AM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacp_daddy View Post
I've already check the default maps but none are for the d&d slip-ons. There's Yosh and two-Brothers only and maybe someone made a better custom map than powercommander.com

Quote:
How do you block it? Pictures? With what material? Does it decrease the performance?
Old 18th May 2010, 07:25 AM
"Kiss my Ass"
 ♂
England
Hunmanby, North East.
Bike: GSX1400
Awards Showcase
Forum Navigator: For those who know their way around the deepest, darkest parts of this site. - Issue reason:  Spam Fighter: Spam Fighter for those members who identify over 10 spammers who dare grace our forum! - Issue reason: for services to the eradication of spammers! Dumb Ass: For being a total Dumb Ass - Issue reason: It was so nicely asked for by a forum member...  Hmm... Wonder who that was... International Rescue: For providing aid and succour to a fellow SVer in distress on foreign shores. - Issue reason: For helping rescue Mr Rose Track Day: For those attending a trackday on their SV - Issue reason: For riding the Nurburgring! Rideout Leader: for guiding all those who meet up around the specific routes - Issue reason: 07 meet International Visitors Award: ...for those that have travelled abroad to meet up and ride with other members in a far off land - Issue reason: maz&nigel Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: A shock for Slyboy Helping Hand: For helping site members and sharing mechanical expertise IN PERSON. - Issue reason: Nominated by a fellow member Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason: Helping Chewy out on the pre-ride recce :) Discount Chief: For those who have negotiated a site discount - Issue reason:  Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike64 View Post
Pair valve removal will also help
True, but for a simple fix until he gets a map it is a 5 minute job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownurlife View Post

How do you block it? Pictures? With what material? Does it decrease the performance?
If you take the top off your air box and look to the rear right hand side you will see a hole, this needs blocking up.

There are a couple of ways to do this,

You can screw a bolt into the hole and use a jubilee clip to make sure it won't come undone.

Or you can undo the rubber pipe from under the airbox and block that with a bolt or large ball bearing with clips to stop either moving.

It won't make any difference to the performance.
Old 18th May 2010, 01:41 PM
Weekend cruiser
 ♂
United States
Madison In.
Bike: 2003 SV1000 2006 SV650
You can also do a timing retard eliminator. You sound like your new...so I'll be the one to fill you in. I don't know if you were around in the 70's ( I wasn't....this is just what I've been told) but back then the EPA started bitching at auto-makers saying that they were killing the ozone layer. Anyhow...everyone came up with different ways to beat there new "emissions testing". One was to pump fresh air into the exhaust. Claim is that it burns off any un-burnt fuel. It does, but it also dilutes the emissions with clean air. When it does...thats when you hear crackling and popping. The other trick the auto makers came up with was retarding the timing. The sv also has this in the first 4 gears. You can put a resistor in the wiring to make it think its always in 5th or 6th gear...but its crap...buy a smart tre instead. I just picked mine up for $45 by keeping my eye out on this site!!! Having the timing retarded hurts throttle response and helps make it occasionally "hiccup" through the airbox. Auto makers also came up with other ways to beat the EPA test...robs performance and driveablity. But the two above that I mentioned is the ones suzuki has went with.

*note* I'm not a expert on any of this so some may argue...they may be actual experts...or they may just like to argue. Anyhow...Point is Bypass PAIR system and buy a SMART TRE.
Old 18th May 2010, 01:47 PM
Weekend cruiser
 ♂
United States
Madison In.
Oh yeah....all those maps will be close so long as its "slipon" and not the Yoshi 3/4 system. The range of adjustment is +100 or -100...and most I seen of a change on any map was 17. Try different ones out. Try a couple pulls topped out and several pulls at different throttle levels at various rpms. Keep what happens in mind...and try other maps...see what pulls hardest. If you want Peak performance and safety....you'll have to get a custom map made for it and expect to spend at least a couple hundred when you go. Mines going to cost me $300 and I can't wait.
Old 18th May 2010, 09:43 PM
BANNED!!!!
 ♂
New Zealand
Bike: SV1000R
Awards Showcase
Instructor Award: An award for those that have posted helpful instruction on SV modification and maintenance. - Issue reason: For advising on and assisting JonJames with his turbo project Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason: For being an active member! Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
Nah that's a pretty good summary Zuki
Old 19th May 2010, 02:15 AM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukimaniac View Post
Oh yeah....all those maps will be close so long as its "slipon" and not the Yoshi 3/4 system. The range of adjustment is +100 or -100...and most I seen of a change on any map was 17. Try different ones out. Try a couple pulls topped out and several pulls at different throttle levels at various rpms. Keep what happens in mind...and try other maps...see what pulls hardest. If you want Peak performance and safety....you'll have to get a custom map made for it and expect to spend at least a couple hundred when you go. Mines going to cost me $300 and I can't wait.
300$ to have dyno tuned with custom map? Not that bad....
Old 19th May 2010, 04:54 PM
Weekend cruiser
 ♂
United States
Madison In.
Yeah, thats with 2 other guys going, dropping our bikes off with them for a week, and them getting to it when they can. They actually said 200-300....but at S&S that means 300. Mine may be more than that...I have super trapps and I don't know how they are going to get the sniffer past the discs. I actually want 2 maps, one with the normal driving discs...then one for no discs just to see the HP difference...and also because I'm dreaming of the dragstrip this summer. The last thing I really need to get before I go is a filter...mine is the original from 03.
Old 19th May 2010, 04:55 PM
Weekend cruiser
 ♂
United States
Madison In.
Hint hint....anyone with a extra K&N or BMC (i think its bmc...) filter and wanting to sell....hit me up!
Old 28th May 2010, 01:38 PM
Scooter boy
 ♂
United States
IN
Bike: '05 SV1000S
Quote:
Hi,
I have an american 2003 sv1000s with D&D slip-ons and k&N air filter. I need a map for my bike's specs and to stop the god damn backfires that it keeps doing when I install those slip-ons (no backfire with stock exhaust). Does someone has a good map for me?

thanks
I'm interested to see how this one turns out. I just picked up an '05 with D&D's from the original owner and have the same issue. Doesn't really backfire a lot, but has the occasional pop. It could use some smoothing out. I'll be getting a PC III, a K&N filter, and doing a TRE sometime this summer I'm sure. Knowing a good map for my set up would be nice.

I'd like to pick up some baffles too, just to see the difference. Didn't come with any from the previous owner.
Old 28th May 2010, 08:42 PM
52,000 miles and counting
 ♂
United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
Bike: 114.6 bhp & 73.7 ft/lbs
Awards Showcase
International Rescue: For providing aid and succour to a fellow SVer in distress on foreign shores. - Issue reason: For Services to Portugal Track Day: For those attending a trackday on their SV - Issue reason: As promised :) Rideout Leader: for guiding all those who meet up around the specific routes - Issue reason: 07 meet Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: Fred Dibnah DVD and THE BOX Helping Hand: For helping site members and sharing mechanical expertise IN PERSON. - Issue reason: Have this on me Dumb Ass: For being a total Dumb Ass - Issue reason: For your brilliand efforts in varnishing the hall floor Wind-up Award: For those who wind-up other forum members - Issue reason:  International Visitors Award: ...for those that have travelled abroad to meet up and ride with other members in a far off land - Issue reason:  Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason:  Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 11
Quote:
Hi,

thanks
e mail me at www.loddonplaice@btinternet.com and i'll send you my map for an 03 SV1000 with K&N, Remus open pipes, that makes 114 bhp and 74 ft/lbs.

Here you go Mt Bit, as requested... if you can't enlarge it clearly enough, e mail me at above addresse and I'll send it that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pete%20001[1].jpg (404.0 KB, 71 views)

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hjz0l19WIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_QbYOcoALM

Last edited by peterrose; 6th October 2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: added data
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:16 PM
Hardcore Biker
 ♂
United States
North Carolina
Bike: Suzuki SVs & B-Kings
Download Power Commander Maps Here

In an effort to make maps available here online, I am adding maps I get from other members in this space. You can email me your ".djm" file (Power Commander file format) to wbarrettpowell@gmail.com and I will add them to my Dropbox public folder and paste the links to the files here.

Here is the first one. I took the PDF from Peter Rose for his 2003 SV and entered his table into the Power Commander desktop application and saved the map. You can download it here:

2003 SV1000 with K&N filter and Remus Pipes http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19133883/Pet...us%20Pipes.djm

You can download Power Commander Maps from the Power Commander Library at this link also. It is fairly limited:

http://www.powercommander.com