Go Back   SV1000 Portal > General SV stuff > Tweaking, Tuning & Tricking

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 15th April 2011, 08:49 PM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
United States
Bike: 2003 sv1000 naked
doing tre mod

I'm getting ready to do the TRE mod and was just curious how can I tell if I did it wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15th April 2011, 09:15 PM
Hardcore Biker
 ♂
United Kingdom
Bike: 2006 sv1000 sz
Awards Showcase
Dumb Ass: For being a total Dumb Ass - Issue reason: You asked!! 
Total Awards: 1
Bit pessimistic don't you think mate, how about making sure you get it right, hey even I managed it
Old 15th April 2011, 09:20 PM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoburns View Post
Bit pessimistic don't you think mate, how about making sure you get it right, hey even I managed it
Fair enough I don't see having any troubles I'm definitely mechanically inclined just tryin to play safe. Or bein pessimistic however you wanna look at it. Lol
Old 15th April 2011, 09:39 PM
is currently sulking in the Sin Bin
 ♂
New Zealand
New Zealand
Bike: 2007 Suzuki SV1000s Blue
if somehow you do manage to pull it off, the results are hardly noticeable!
Old 15th April 2011, 09:48 PM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
if somehow you do manage to pull it off, the results are hardly noticeable!
Pull what off gnikcuf it up or doing it right?
Old 15th April 2011, 09:57 PM
Hardcore Biker
 ♂
United Kingdom
Bike: 2006 sv1000 sz
Awards Showcase
Dumb Ass: For being a total Dumb Ass - Issue reason: You asked!! 
Total Awards: 1
Some say the tre mod itself is hardly noticeable, it was the first mod I did and found it lessened the low speed chudder
Old 15th April 2011, 10:05 PM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoburns View Post
Some say the tre mod itself is hardly noticeable, it was the first mod I did and found it lessened the low speed chudder

I hope so I'm doing a tooth down on the front sprocket all at the same time, and won't be able to ride in-between the two mods due to rain so I won't know how much each individual one does.
Old 15th April 2011, 10:42 PM
is currently sulking in the Sin Bin
 ♂
New Zealand
New Zealand
Bike: 2007 Suzuki SV1000s Blue
best bang for your buck I found was the TPS adjust and de-snorkel after that.
Only noticed a minor difference that the TRE ( switchable ) made after I got the bike teka tuned.
Old 15th April 2011, 10:55 PM
Mmmm Kate
 ♂
United States
Los Angeles, California
Bike: 03 SV996R & 02 FZ1
Awards Showcase
Helping Hand: For helping site members and sharing mechanical expertise IN PERSON. - Issue reason: For helping Retro with his seating arrangements. Rideout Leader: for guiding all those who meet up around the specific routes - Issue reason: A #1 M/C tour guide Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason: You're an old sod now. International Visitors Award: ...for those that have travelled abroad to meet up and ride with other members in a far off land - Issue reason: as requested :) Track Day: For those attending a trackday on their SV - Issue reason:  Discount Chief: For those who have negotiated a site discount - Issue reason:  Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason:  Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
I've ridden one with a TRE and didn't notice any difference. Plus I've never noticed any of the alleged low down shudder.

I'd be curious to see if you notice any improvement.

"I don't have an English accent because this is what English sounds like when spoken properly" - James Carr

Scooters are for men who want to ride motorcycles, but prefer to feel the wind on their vaginas.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:11 PM
N of Atlanta
 ♂
United States
N Georgia
Bike: 03 SV 1K, 08 GSX650F
Awards Showcase
Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason: US SV rally Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: Cigars for OBS Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason:  GFX Award: This award is presented to those who show excellent graphical skills around the forums - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 4
I ran a dumb tre for a while, tossed it because of the cold idle hassle. Then I got a smart one from a forum member (much better for the idle), and that time I definitely noticed some difference in partial-throttle low-end power- it's a keeper. Worth installing...
Yoshi 3/4 (previously Scorpions), Smart TRE, Watsen Design front signals, Mototek undertail, TL shift lever, Vesrah HH pads, suzuki hugger, seat cowl + Jesters cowl pad, Oberon bits, Chewy's PAIR removal kit, can anglers and mirror spacers, Top Yokes handlebar conversion kit, Fender Extender, MRA Vario, PCIII, carbon stick-ons, PIAA 330/400 Hz horns, bling bits...
Old 16th April 2011, 02:19 AM
Hardcore Biker
 ♂
Canada
Waterdown, Ontario
Bike: 2003 SV1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkey View Post
I've ridden one with a TRE and didn't notice any difference.
To notice the difference you have to know what it does and how it feels specifically on your bike.

Here is an example from my 98 TLS:

Before Tre: In 1st at approx 3800 rpm it would hesitate like it was running out of gas when I would snap the throttle open. Then it would gather itself and start motoring, slowly.

After Tre: With the same criteria it threatened to flip over backwards like a freaking mousetrap and 2nd gear wheelies were retardedly easy at anything up to 110 kph strictly off the throttle.

The SV has similar resuts but not as violent. When I say snap the throttle I don't mean just open it quick, I mean crack it fast.

The secondary butterflies that this FI system uses probably mute the effect of the Tre on our bikes like they did on my Vstrom. I'll find out this spring when I pop them out and go for a ride.
Past bikes: 78 Desert Fox 80cc, 80 Kawi G5C, 82 GS400E, 86 VFR750, 92 GSXR1100, 92 FZR1000, 90 KX250, 90 KX125, 94 RF900R, 92 KX250, 97 TL1000S, 90 RM250, 93 RM 250, 97 YZF750R, 98 TL1000S, 04 VN2000, 06 V-Strom, 99 TL1000R. Now is the 2003 Volusia and this 2003 SV1000S.
Old 16th April 2011, 03:28 AM
N of Atlanta
 ♂
United States
N Georgia
Bike: 03 SV 1K, 08 GSX650F
Awards Showcase
Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason: US SV rally Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: Cigars for OBS Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason:  GFX Award: This award is presented to those who show excellent graphical skills around the forums - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 4
Certainly, if you run around all day with the throttle pinned, you won't notice one bit of difference with a tre.
Yoshi 3/4 (previously Scorpions), Smart TRE, Watsen Design front signals, Mototek undertail, TL shift lever, Vesrah HH pads, suzuki hugger, seat cowl + Jesters cowl pad, Oberon bits, Chewy's PAIR removal kit, can anglers and mirror spacers, Top Yokes handlebar conversion kit, Fender Extender, MRA Vario, PCIII, carbon stick-ons, PIAA 330/400 Hz horns, bling bits...
Old 16th April 2011, 04:23 AM
Hardcore Biker
 ♂
Canada
Waterdown, Ontario
Bike: 2003 SV1000S
Where did I say I have the throttle pinned all day? I said it has a hesitation when opened quickly at around 4000 rpm in 1st and 2nd. And then also countered that with explaining that a gentler roll on from those speeds would be irrelavent to a retarded curve.

You must take me for one of those crazy young guys who ride like nutbars all the time.

I assure you I am not young.
Past bikes: 78 Desert Fox 80cc, 80 Kawi G5C, 82 GS400E, 86 VFR750, 92 GSXR1100, 92 FZR1000, 90 KX250, 90 KX125, 94 RF900R, 92 KX250, 97 TL1000S, 90 RM250, 93 RM 250, 97 YZF750R, 98 TL1000S, 04 VN2000, 06 V-Strom, 99 TL1000R. Now is the 2003 Volusia and this 2003 SV1000S.
Old 16th April 2011, 06:07 PM
Hardcore Biker
 ♂
England
Bridlington,East Yorks
Bike: 2004 sv1000
Awards Showcase
Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason: For the Yamaha Project. Looks Great! The Purple Heart Award: For suffering a major injury whilst riding an SV1000 or other bike whilst a member of this forum and staying cheerful about it. - Issue reason: as nominated by maz 
Total Awards: 2
The only thing I found after doing the TRE do da .........................was that Id used up a few minutes of my time and gained nothing but its each to his own aint it
Old 16th April 2011, 08:28 PM
53,500 miles and counting
 ♂
United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
Bike: 114.6 bhp & 73.7 ft/lbs
Awards Showcase
International Rescue: For providing aid and succour to a fellow SVer in distress on foreign shores. - Issue reason: For Services to Portugal Track Day: For those attending a trackday on their SV - Issue reason: As promised :) Rideout Leader: for guiding all those who meet up around the specific routes - Issue reason: 07 meet Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: Fred Dibnah DVD and THE BOX Helping Hand: For helping site members and sharing mechanical expertise IN PERSON. - Issue reason: Have this on me Dumb Ass: For being a total Dumb Ass - Issue reason: For your brilliand efforts in varnishing the hall floor Wind-up Award: For those who wind-up other forum members - Issue reason:  International Visitors Award: ...for those that have travelled abroad to meet up and ride with other members in a far off land - Issue reason:  Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason:  Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 11
I fitted the home made TRE fom our Amarican member who sells them, I had no running problems before or after, there isn't much noticable differnce in power but it does pull better from low revs like in 3rd.

Found this when riding the coast road with Nigel, bend after bend in 2nd and 3rd pulling hard from 2000/3000 rpm was better than when I did it the year before without the TRE.

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hjz0l19WIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_QbYOcoALM