Suzuki SV1000s / SV1000

Go Back   SV1000 Portal > General SV stuff > SV1000 discussion

Old 11th May 2011, 10:21 PM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
United Kingdom
Bike: GB
TIP OVER SWITCH

At the moment i am having trouble with my 06 sv1000 and the tip over switch has been mentioned a few times.
My question is would a faulty tip over switch flag up as just the check light or a FI light? I am only getting the chec light on before the engine cuts out and have never had the FI light come on.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11th May 2011, 10:32 PM
Crazy Old Foole
 ♂
United States
Backside of Nowhere
Bike: K3SV1kN & S, & LEGION
Awards Showcase
Spam Fighter: Spam Fighter for those members who identify over 10 spammers who dare grace our forum! - Issue reason: Great job...  EVERYDAY! Instructor Award: An award for those that have posted helpful instruction on SV modification and maintenance. - Issue reason: fork swaps and suspension avice, long overdue award, as nominated by OBS Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason: US SV rally Helping Hand: For helping site members and sharing mechanical expertise IN PERSON. - Issue reason: Heling Yoshi with suspension set-up at the rally. as nominated by oldbaldsob. Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: You were recommended by Ken Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason:  The Purple Heart Award: For suffering a major injury whilst riding an SV1000 or other bike whilst a member of this forum and staying cheerful about it. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
If it starts at all, then it isn't the TOS.
Old 12th May 2011, 07:44 PM
53,500 miles and counting
 ♂
United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
Bike: 114.6 bhp & 73.7 ft/lbs
Awards Showcase
International Rescue: For providing aid and succour to a fellow SVer in distress on foreign shores. - Issue reason: For Services to Portugal Track Day: For those attending a trackday on their SV - Issue reason: As promised :) Rideout Leader: for guiding all those who meet up around the specific routes - Issue reason: 07 meet Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: Fred Dibnah DVD and THE BOX Helping Hand: For helping site members and sharing mechanical expertise IN PERSON. - Issue reason: Have this on me Dumb Ass: For being a total Dumb Ass - Issue reason: For your brilliand efforts in varnishing the hall floor Wind-up Award: For those who wind-up other forum members - Issue reason:  International Visitors Award: ...for those that have travelled abroad to meet up and ride with other members in a far off land - Issue reason:  Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason:  Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 11
As stated elsewhere, try wiggling the wireing harness while the bikes running, when you get to the break/loose connection it'll cut out. This is exactly what happened to mine.

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hjz0l19WIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_QbYOcoALM
Old 12th May 2011, 07:47 PM
Hardcore Biker
 ♂
United States
Renton, WA
Bike: 2003 Silver SV1000S
have you tried riding around with it in dealer mode to see what the check message is about? If it isn't throwing an error code despite the check message I would suspect the side stand button/sensor being the problem, or the kill switch. If either one gets flipped (due to bad wiring connections etc) it would kill the bike right?
Old 12th May 2011, 09:00 PM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
United Kingdom
Bike: GB
Doesnt throw any codes, just the "chec" message. I have to turn off the ignition and then turn on again and when you hear the pump prime it starts up and runs faultlessly until it suddenly dies again.It might only do it the once in a week but then its done it 5 times within the space of a hour.
Old 12th May 2011, 09:11 PM
"Kiss my Ass"
 ♂
England
Hunmanby, North East.
Bike: GSX1400
Awards Showcase
Forum Navigator: For those who know their way around the deepest, darkest parts of this site. - Issue reason:  Spam Fighter: Spam Fighter for those members who identify over 10 spammers who dare grace our forum! - Issue reason: for services to the eradication of spammers! Dumb Ass: For being a total Dumb Ass - Issue reason: It was so nicely asked for by a forum member...  Hmm... Wonder who that was... International Rescue: For providing aid and succour to a fellow SVer in distress on foreign shores. - Issue reason: For helping rescue Mr Rose Track Day: For those attending a trackday on their SV - Issue reason: For riding the Nurburgring! Rideout Leader: for guiding all those who meet up around the specific routes - Issue reason: 07 meet International Visitors Award: ...for those that have travelled abroad to meet up and ride with other members in a far off land - Issue reason: maz&nigel Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: A shock for Slyboy Helping Hand: For helping site members and sharing mechanical expertise IN PERSON. - Issue reason: Nominated by a fellow member Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason: Helping Chewy out on the pre-ride recce :) Discount Chief: For those who have negotiated a site discount - Issue reason:  Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinl View Post
Doesnt throw any codes, just the "chec" message. I have to turn off the ignition and then turn on again and when you hear the pump prime it starts up and runs faultlessly until it suddenly dies again.It might only do it the once in a week but then its done it 5 times within the space of a hour.
If it is only coming up with the 'chec' message then it will be either the clutch switch, side stand switch or the kill switch, one of these is faulty.