Go Back   SV1000 Portal > General SV stuff > Tweaking, Tuning & Tricking

Old 9th July 2011, 11:51 PM
Scooter boy
 ♂
United States
eastern shore of MD
Bike: 07 sv1000s
hesitation

i have an 07 with 13500 miles on it i have hesitation at very light throttle and the idle is erratic. i have done the tps, tb sync, i dont know what else to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10th July 2011, 01:06 AM
Forum whore
 ♂
United States
SW Pennsylvania, USA
Bike: '07 SV1000S
You are real close to the suggested 15K service where the valves should be checked. A tight one or three can cause drive-ability problems for sure. Spark plugs should have been changed a couple times by now too. And, checking for loose TB boot connections and other vacuum leakage a worthwhile thing to cross off the list. The '07 shouldn't be surging/hesitating at all if everything is up to snuff.
Old 10th July 2011, 01:13 AM
Scooter boy
 ♂
United States
eastern shore of MD
ive done the plugs, ill check for vacuum leakage tomorrow. thanks
Old 10th July 2011, 03:09 AM
Scooter boy
 ♂
United States
eastern shore of MD
are there alot of vacuum connections i should be looking for?
Old 10th July 2011, 04:57 AM
Crazy Old Foole
 ♂
United States
Backside of Nowhere
Bike: K3SV1kN & S, & LEGION
Awards Showcase
Spam Fighter: Spam Fighter for those members who identify over 10 spammers who dare grace our forum! - Issue reason: Great job...  EVERYDAY! Instructor Award: An award for those that have posted helpful instruction on SV modification and maintenance. - Issue reason: fork swaps and suspension avice, long overdue award, as nominated by OBS Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason: US SV rally Helping Hand: For helping site members and sharing mechanical expertise IN PERSON. - Issue reason: Heling Yoshi with suspension set-up at the rally. as nominated by oldbaldsob. Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: You were recommended by Ken Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason:  The Purple Heart Award: For suffering a major injury whilst riding an SV1000 or other bike whilst a member of this forum and staying cheerful about it. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 8
Have you ever properly set the TPS? Done a TB sync?
If not, they are likely the source of your issue.
Old 10th July 2011, 05:34 AM
Scooter boy
 ♂
United States
eastern shore of MD
those were the first things i did.
Old 10th July 2011, 06:03 AM
Crazy Old Foole
 ♂
United States
Backside of Nowhere
Awards Showcase
Spam Fighter: Spam Fighter for those members who identify over 10 spammers who dare grace our forum! - Issue reason: Great job...  EVERYDAY! Instructor Award: An award for those that have posted helpful instruction on SV modification and maintenance. - Issue reason: fork swaps and suspension avice, long overdue award, as nominated by OBS Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason: US SV rally Helping Hand: For helping site members and sharing mechanical expertise IN PERSON. - Issue reason: Heling Yoshi with suspension set-up at the rally. as nominated by oldbaldsob. Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: You were recommended by Ken Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason:  The Purple Heart Award: For suffering a major injury whilst riding an SV1000 or other bike whilst a member of this forum and staying cheerful about it. - Issue reason:  
Idle speed set over 1250? Check for stored codes?
At what RPM are you having this hesitation?

It could even be a bad TPS.

A spray bottle with water will work for helping to locate/determine a vacuum issue.
Old 10th July 2011, 12:40 PM
Scooter boy
 ♂
United States
eastern shore of MD
ive had it set at 1200 then it wanted to start cutting off so i had to bump it up over 1250 and it still wants to move all over the place. it seems like it can happen in gear i could be starting off with minimal throttle it happens or cruising in gear with minimal throttle.
Old 10th July 2011, 12:41 PM
Scooter boy
 ♂
United States
eastern shore of MD
o yea no codes i checked that day before yesterday when i did the tps
Old 10th July 2011, 01:41 PM
Crazy Old Foole
 ♂
United States
Backside of Nowhere
Awards Showcase
You may well have an STV motor going south. It's happened before (though rare).

A vacuum problem is the sort of thing that wouldn't be intermitant.
Old 10th July 2011, 02:02 PM
Scooter boy
 ♂
United States
eastern shore of MD
thanks ill try do to some investigative work today with my electrical meter
Old 10th July 2011, 02:38 PM
Crazy Old Foole
 ♂
United States
Backside of Nowhere
Awards Showcase
I have one more question.
When you did the TB sync, did you sync it at idle? Or did you run the RPMs up?

If sync'd at idle, it could be off just above idle and not work well. I generally set it for the best average from idle to about 3 grand or so.

I'm not trying to insult you. Just trying to help you find a free solution if there is one.
Old 10th July 2011, 03:42 PM
Scooter boy
 ♂
United States
eastern shore of MD
no problem, one thing i just noticed i took the air cleaner off arent the stv supposed to open fully then return to any position when i turn the ignition to on? they opened fully but didnt return to the previous position.
Old 10th July 2011, 03:47 PM
Crazy Old Foole
 ♂
United States
Backside of Nowhere
Awards Showcase
They should cycle again when powered back up. They will open after being powered down.
Old 10th July 2011, 04:17 PM
Scooter boy
 ♂
United States
eastern shore of MD
ok they just stay open until i start the motor then they slowly i mean slowly start to close. then i cut the motor off then just put the switch to on then they go back to be fully open again