Old 4th March 2012, 01:51 PM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
England
kent
Bike: tl1000 97
k6 sv1000 wont start

hi im new to this forum HI

ive got a k6 sv1000 i washed it last year and when i went to go out on it the next day it wouldnt start . it turns over but will not fire theres no f1 light or not f1 codes on dash

can any body point me in the right direction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4th March 2012, 05:02 PM
Forum whore
 ♂
United States
Virginia
Bike: 2011 GSXR 750
Awards Showcase
Track Day: For those attending a trackday on their SV - Issue reason: For taking the SV on the track! 
Total Awards: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnie View Post
hi im new to this forum HI

ive got a k6 sv1000 i washed it last year and when i went to go out on it the next day it wouldnt start . it turns over but will not fire theres no f1 light or not f1 codes on dash

can any body point me in the right direction
Have you checked to see if there's water in the front cylinder spark plug well? Damp plug wires? Old spark plugs? Clogged air filter?

2011 GSXR 750, 2007 CBR 600RR (Sold), 2005 SV1000s (Sold)
Old 4th March 2012, 05:47 PM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
England
kent
its got new plugs air filter oil and filter fresh petrol

the fuel pump works and its getting pressure but will not start

a local bike shop said it might be the voltage reg . ive put a new 1 on and still wont spark or at least fire
Old 4th March 2012, 11:35 PM
BANNED!!!!
 ♂
New Zealand
Bike: SV1000R
Awards Showcase
Instructor Award: An award for those that have posted helpful instruction on SV modification and maintenance. - Issue reason: For advising on and assisting JonJames with his turbo project Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason: For being an active member! Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
Is it showing any interest at all, or just cranks with zero sign of life?
Old 5th March 2012, 03:35 AM
Hardcore Biker
 ♂
United States
SW Pennsylvania, USA
Bike: '07 SV1000S
Have you tried holding it WOT while trying to start it? If things aren't adjusted just right....they sometimes need a little more air to start, and can wet the plugs. WOT will help dry the plugs and it will start....if it is going to.
Old 5th March 2012, 03:55 PM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
England
kent
its just turning over with no signs of life what so ever

but to day ive cleaned and checked all the wiring connections and clesaned the contacts at the coils and im now getting a very weak spark every now and then but only with the plug touching a earth pull it a way a little bit and the spark stops

voltage and resitance in crank sensor ar lovely so im thinking its the ecm now
Old 5th March 2012, 05:55 PM
"Kiss my Ass"
 ♂
England
Hunmanby, North East.
Bike: GSX1400
Awards Showcase
Forum Navigator: For those who know their way around the deepest, darkest parts of this site. - Issue reason:  Spam Fighter: Spam Fighter for those members who identify over 10 spammers who dare grace our forum! - Issue reason: for services to the eradication of spammers! Dumb Ass: For being a total Dumb Ass - Issue reason: It was so nicely asked for by a forum member...  Hmm... Wonder who that was... International Rescue: For providing aid and succour to a fellow SVer in distress on foreign shores. - Issue reason: For helping rescue Mr Rose Track Day: For those attending a trackday on their SV - Issue reason: For riding the Nurburgring! Rideout Leader: for guiding all those who meet up around the specific routes - Issue reason: 07 meet International Visitors Award: ...for those that have travelled abroad to meet up and ride with other members in a far off land - Issue reason: maz&nigel Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: A shock for Slyboy Helping Hand: For helping site members and sharing mechanical expertise IN PERSON. - Issue reason: Nominated by a fellow member Meet Freak Award: For those who regularly attend SV meets. - Issue reason: Helping Chewy out on the pre-ride recce :) Discount Chief: For those who have negotiated a site discount - Issue reason:  Mod Monkey: For those who have done many standard mods or a very unique one to their SV. - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 13
Quote:
its just turning over with no signs of life what so ever

but to day ive cleaned and checked all the wiring connections and clesaned the contacts at the coils and im now getting a very weak spark every now and then but only with the plug touching a earth pull it a way a little bit and the spark stops

voltage and resitance in crank sensor ar lovely so im thinking its the ecm now
The spark will stop if you move it away from the engine.
Old 5th March 2012, 06:19 PM
Moving at the speed of...
 ♂
Canada
Home now in Wicklewood, Norfolk, UK
Bike: 2005 SV1000SZ
Awards Showcase
Forum Navigator: For those who know their way around the deepest, darkest parts of this site. - Issue reason: For dog thread :) Good Neighbor: For altruistically offering items to fellow members free, for postage only, for donation to site, for large discount, etc. - Issue reason: For helping Ben Dumb Ass: For being a total Dumb Ass - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 3
As Ken said you need the plug earthed to get a spark. Check your battery, ironically you might have enough volts to turn the engine over but not enough for a decent spark. Charge it up overnight and try again.
Old 6th March 2012, 05:39 AM
A square wheel rollin' !!
 ♂
United States
About an hour south of Chicago
Bike: 2003 SV1000N
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioboy View Post
Check your battery, ironically you might have enough volts to turn the engine over but not enough for a decent spark. Charge it up overnight and try again.
+1

...........................Blake
Old 6th March 2012, 06:55 AM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
England
kent
ive got a 180 amp fast charger and starter so i know its getting enough power

i mean without a plug or cap just the lead u have to have it touching when normally u cant move it away a few mm and still get a good spark
Old 6th March 2012, 08:15 AM
Hardcore Biker
 ♂
United Kingdom
Kernow
Bike: 2008 SV1000 K7 Classic
Quote:
i mean without a plug or cap just the lead u have to have it touching when normally u cant move it away a few mm and still get a good spark
Not sure what you mean by this, are you saying that your plugs spark even when they are not connected with a lead. Now that is odd!

| 2008 SV1000 K7 Classic |
Old 6th March 2012, 10:37 AM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
England
kent
i mean the ht lead without a plug cap or plug

ive put it down to the cid now so im ordering a new 1 today and see where i go from there
Old 6th March 2012, 01:06 PM
750 mile a week Commuter
 ♂
United Kingdom
East Midlands
Bike: 2003 SV 1000S
Awards Showcase
Portal Vet: This is awarded to those people that we think are veterans of the forums. Those who have been here for a long time, built a raport with members and stayed active. - Issue reason: 3 years service The Purple Heart Award: For suffering a major injury whilst riding an SV1000 or other bike whilst a member of this forum and staying cheerful about it. - Issue reason: Your fight against a Clio...  OWE! 
Total Awards: 2
Mmmmm

Check the fuses and also check out this thread under my name.

http://www.sv-portal.com/forums/show...&postcount=658

SUZUKI BANDIT & SV RIDERS IS NOW ON
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=249507598597 and also as a Group on LinkedIn !!!

West Midlands Police Bike Safe 2008, Lincs Police Bike Safe 2008, Institute of Advanced Motorists 2010.
Old 13th April 2012, 07:47 PM
L-Plate Rider
 ♂
United Kingdom
Bike: 2006 sv1000
Hi dunnie, did you get your bike sorted as it sounds the same I am having on my 2006 model. Changed the stator, changed the front coil, changed ecu, changed the battery, still no joy. Think I may have got water in front cylinder when I washed it! Must be the weather we are having here in Kent!!
Old 15th April 2012, 01:46 AM
Hardcore Biker
 ♂
United States
kentucky
Bike: 05,suzuki,sv1000s
faulty tip over switch ??