17th International SVrider Meeting 2016, Germany - Page 2 - SV1000 Portal
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 8th August 2016, 10:54 AM
e Signora Grande v-Doppi

♂ England
Norf Lundun
.......and so the actual meeting

I rode down to the meet near Fulda on Wednesday, I won't bang on about it but it wasn't great, raining for 6 of the 7.5 hrs from Calais.
I had arranged to meet Jason who lives in Cologne and rides an SVZ, he had arrived first but we all got a soaking.
I was billeted in a dormitory with 8 beds and a bathroom all spotlessly clean with plenty of room for boots, lids etc. The restaurant / bar served discounted beer and good filling food. The people working there were a great laugh and clearly enjoyed the event too. Most people spoke excellent English (compulsory at school) although I was sad to find out that the very attractive barmaid wanted to make the bed for me rather than go to bed with me as she had said. Three beers and free beer also caused problems!
Thursday was a quiet day with rain slowly clearing and we rode into Fulda to the local https://www.louis.de/en as I'd forgotten my throttle rocker.
Friday saw the arrival of the Suzuki truck bringing new sv650, DL1000 and gixxer750 to test. I took the gixxer out, quite insane 180kph in 3rd with rpm to spare. Handling was really good tho. We also were invited to go on a 130km (ish) ride round collecting things and solving problems. Good excuse to see some of the lovely countryside and roads. Saturday the dyno turned up, very pleased with 118.12 hp at the rear wheel. After the dyno the guy testing said that my throttle bodies were out of synch, a big thanks to Jurgen for checking and resetting them and the tps. We also did a bit more riding locally as the roads are really great round there. What I haven't mentioned are the people, I was made to feel really welcome, people went out of their way to talk to me. I was up to 2am on Thursday and 3am on Friday having a great time. The organisation of the whole event was spot on (see pic of Ollie solving the problem of no tonic for G&T's) and there is real effort put in to make sure the event continues with a solid following, +100 this year. Riders from Austria, Denmark and the brilliant Matteo from Italy who made friends with everyone. Saturday night saw the prize giving, we (with Smarty on her carb650) were 3rd in the treasure hunt and I was very happy to win a sv front disc clock for the highest hp unmodified 1000 tested that day. There was a big camp fire that night but I had to get to bed earlyish as I had the ride back to London the next day (1333 miles in total). I left around 10am and had a great ride across Germany, a bit more restrained the rest of the way getting to the port in 6 hrs and just catching an earlier boat than my booking. I was home by 8pm a really great few days away.
I can't guarantee it but I would really like to go next year, they always go for the 1st weekend of August so book your holiday now. I just need to get a job first as mine finished in July!
Thanks again to Ollie RP9 (see pix you can after the area code have within certain parameters anything you want on your number plate) and all the other organisers this is a really well organised friendly meeting and YOU should go.
I'll post the pix to follow.
RP9 likes this.

....if all else fails read the manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 8th August 2016, 11:30 AM
e Signora Grande v-Doppi

♂ England
Norf Lundun
No Pix

Seems I won't be downloading any of the pictures.

http://www.sv-portal.com/forums/16-s...read-post.html

I wonder why no-one posts here anymore.

....if all else fails read the manual
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 9th August 2016, 08:19 AM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Germany
Hi Folks, I can only re-iterate what Ray says. I was a bit nervous about going to a German meet even though I speak passable German, but needn't have worried. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and are making a big push to make the meeting more international. If I still have my bike next year I will definitely make it a regular visit, and would encourage anyone from the UK to make the schlep across.
RP9 likes this.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 9th August 2016, 10:16 AM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Germany
Black Forest
it was nice to meet you. hope to see you next year
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10th August 2016, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
RP9
L-Plate Rider

♂ Germany
Garage
Jason, Ray,

It was such a pleasure meeting you guys! Thank you so much for coming and making our meeting more international. Although I was pretty busy the whole meeting, I enjoyed every second I found time to chat with you.

Hopefully our efforts in internationalisation will help to bring even more of you guys over the channel next year. Next years meeting will most likely be from August 03.-07., somewhere near the middle of Germany.

Here's the link to the picture thread on our German forum (adding pictures here really doesn't work).
SVrider Forum ? Thema anzeigen - Ein paar Bilder vom Treffen 2016

All the best,
Olli (RP9)
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 12th August 2016, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
RP9
L-Plate Rider

♂ Germany
Garage
Ray, you could send the pictures to me and I'll upload them to our German forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamabigveetwin View Post
Seems I won't be downloading any of the pictures.

http://www.sv-portal.com/forums/16-s...read-post.html

I wonder why no-one posts here anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in