The Gun Thread - Page 253 - SV1000 Portal
View Poll Results: Do you own a handgun or something else?
Handgun 164 37.36%
Shotgun 66 15.03%
AK47 or another machine gun 39 8.88%
Tank? 9 2.05%
Nope, but Im thinking of buying one 44 10.02%
No. I dont have it and it should stay like it 74 16.86%
Something else? 43 9.79%
Voters: 439. You may not vote on this poll

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #3781 of 3795 (permalink) Old 5th January 2017, 07:15 PM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
They're being used for home defense as well as hunting. The big thing with subsonics is the ability to suppress 'em. If you have your NFA paperwork you can buy uppers already fitted with a suppressor.

This is just an example. Product Details: 10.5" 300 Blackout w/ 10" Tac Quad + Pinned Black Widow Monocore Suppressed upper

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal
So Suck It Up Buttercup!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3795 (permalink) Old 6th January 2017, 07:14 PM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
Brown truck just dropped off my new upper.

PEZ and 07blacksv1ks like this.

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So Suck It Up Buttercup!
post #3783 of 3795 (permalink) Old 16th January 2017, 04:49 AM
PEZ
N of Atlanta

♂ United States
N Georgia
Rearranged some things on my AR and added a couple of pieces.

AR Build photo ARandMax-0396b_zpssvyfbbmm.jpg

, Smart TRE, Watsen Design front signals,
undertail, TL shift lever, Vesrah HH pads, suzuki hugger, seat cowl + Jesters
, Oberon bits, Chewy's PAIR removal kit, can anglers and mirror spacers,
, MRA Vario, PCIII, carbon stick-ons,
, bling bits...

post #3784 of 3795 (permalink) Old 18th January 2017, 02:07 PM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
What did you do besides moving the optic, removing the side rail, and adding a BAD lever?

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

So Suck It Up Buttercup!
post #3785 of 3795 (permalink) Old 18th January 2017, 09:17 PM
PEZ
N of Atlanta

♂ United States
N Georgia
Just stuck those base plates on my mags- not sure if I like them. Moved the rail with the sling attachment towards the rear, seems to function better for me, even though I really never have it on there when shooting, lol. For some reason I have always been goofy for slings. The dot works lots better for me forward like that- not sure why I had it back there. I wish these rifles weren't so expensive to shoot (I have little time to get into reloading).

, Smart TRE, Watsen Design front signals,
undertail, TL shift lever, Vesrah HH pads, suzuki hugger, seat cowl + Jesters
, Oberon bits, Chewy's PAIR removal kit, can anglers and mirror spacers,
, MRA Vario, PCIII, carbon stick-ons,
, bling bits...
post #3786 of 3795 (permalink) Old 25th January 2017, 04:18 AM
Forum whore

♂ United States
Oceanside, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhair View Post
Brown truck just dropped off my new upper.

Rick: I'm a kinda rigid traditionalist, blued steel, walnut stock, etc, but I have to say that's a fine looking rifle.

So fine that the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia would put you away in "Q" forever for owning it. I cannot imagine any shooter in this state having guns with a paper trail. Michiganders are a lot safer due to clear-thinking voters.

The weather's good in SoCal, tho (most of the time--not lately) and that's about the end of the attraction.

Happy shooting. Maybe you'll comment on results?

Ralph
post #3787 of 3795 (permalink) Old 26th May 2018, 07:15 PM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
I've both bought and assembled several more since my last post in this thread, but here's my latest completed project.

07blacksv1ks likes this.

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

So Suck It Up Buttercup!
post #3788 of 3795 (permalink) Old 11th November 2019, 03:35 PM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
Acquired a few more since the last post.

Also went out to New Mexico in September to the NRA Whittington Center to shoot long range. Had a riot! Shot out to 1123yds.

Rifle is a Howa APC 6.5Creedmoor (suppressed).

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

So Suck It Up Buttercup!
post #3789 of 3795 (permalink) Old 14th September 2020, 08:22 AM
JPB
L-Plate Rider

♂ Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Garage
I own a couple of rifles(22 lr,308win,9,3x62) and a couple of 12ga shotguns.
post #3790 of 3795 (permalink) Old 17th September 2020, 09:46 PM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB View Post
I own a couple of rifles(22 lr,308win,9,3x62) and a couple of 12ga shotguns.
Tell us more about your rifles, if you don't mind. I often wonder what sort of hardware folks across the pond are using.

Not too long ago I picked up a Ruger Precision Rimfire that has been my primary use .22LR rifle since I got it (it sports a suppressor now, too).

RPR First Kill 10-22-2018_1.jpg

Recently acquired a Kel Tech CP33 .22LR pistol as well.

Kel Tec CP33 w GSL Woodland small.jpg

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

So Suck It Up Buttercup!
post #3791 of 3795 (permalink) Old 18th September 2020, 08:33 AM
JPB
L-Plate Rider

♂ Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Garage
Quote:
Tell us more about your rifles, if you don't mind. I often wonder what sort of hardware folks across the pond are using.

Not too long ago I picked up a Ruger Precision Rimfire that has been my primary use .22LR rifle since I got it (it sports a suppressor now, too).

Attachment 116499

Recently acquired a Kel Tech CP33 .22LR pistol as well.

Attachment 116501

The .22 LR is a CZ 455 ,I use that one just for fun, shooting paper - super precise.
The 308 and 9,3 are barrels on a Blaser R93 Offroad stock. I use the 308 to shoot predators,roe deer,odd wild boars ,steel plates. The 9,3 is mostly used on driven hunts for wild boar, I've shot all kinds of critters with it.. Both barrels are very easy to load for and also very accurate. Sub moa with factory ammo, around 0,5 moa with my loads. I chose the blaser system because of their proprietary mounting system (100% return to 0 ) and their modularity. Same stock,same trigger ,multiple calibres and you can pack 2 barrels,2 scopes and the stock in an Uncle Mike`s Shotgun bag..
Veery packable(with a 100% return to zero and no shift in POI).
Before getting the Blaser I had a Rizzini combination gun (12 ga over 7x65R) and a Mauser M98 in 8x57is.

Best regards,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chakalero.jpg (131.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 86627643_2487348734916685_3150512709531860992_n.jpg (118.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg BlaserR93withMicro.jpg (575.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DrivenPredators.jpg (150.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20150313_212902.jpg (497.3 KB, 2 views)
Longhair likes this.

Last edited by JPB; 18th September 2020 at 08:39 AM. Reason: adding pictures
post #3792 of 3795 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2020, 06:09 PM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPB View Post
The .22 LR is a CZ 455 ,I use that one just for fun, shooting paper - super precise.
The 308 and 9,3 are barrels on a Blaser R93 Offroad stock. I use the 308 to shoot predators,roe deer,odd wild boars ,steel plates. The 9,3 is mostly used on driven hunts for wild boar, I've shot all kinds of critters with it.. Both barrels are very easy to load for and also very accurate. Sub moa with factory ammo, around 0,5 moa with my loads. I chose the blaser system because of their proprietary mounting system (100% return to 0 ) and their modularity. Same stock,same trigger ,multiple calibres and you can pack 2 barrels,2 scopes and the stock in an Uncle Mike`s Shotgun bag..
Veery packable(with a 100% return to zero and no shift in POI).
Before getting the Blaser I had a Rizzini combination gun (12 ga over 7x65R) and a Mauser M98 in 8x57is.

Best regards,
CZ 455's are sweet!
Those Blaser R93's are really nice, too. The biggest drawback is that they are insanely expensive here in the states. I believe that they've been discontinued, but I could be wrong. The R8 is available, but they are still a bit too pricey for my budget to allow.

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

So Suck It Up Buttercup!
post #3793 of 3795 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2020, 08:00 AM
JPB
L-Plate Rider

♂ Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Garage
Quote:
CZ 455's are sweet!
Those Blaser R93's are really nice, too. The biggest drawback is that they are insanely expensive here in the states. I believe that they've been discontinued, but I could be wrong. The R8 is available, but they are still a bit too pricey for my budget to allow.
I got mine second hand with the 9,3x62 barrel,added the 308 after that.
Good thing about this system is that you can buy the parts and then assemble everything your self.

R93 for sure is discontinued ,parts are still relatively easy to come by though. In any case if you are not shooting heavy magnums - the R93 is the better gun(lighter,slimmer,trimmer. ).
308 has very good barrel life,the barrel life on the 9,3x62 is insanely long so I'll be good for many more years of hunting.

Best regards,
post #3794 of 3795 (permalink) Old 29th September 2020, 04:00 AM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Canada
Montreal, Canada
I'm really thinking of buying a handgun or two. With everything that's happening you just have to be ready.

This is the moment I accept the most challenging times will always be behind me and in front of me.
- Kobe Bryant
post #3795 of 3795 (permalink) Old 30th September 2020, 04:13 AM
Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGarland619 View Post
I'm really thinking of buying a handgun or two. With everything that's happening you just have to be ready.
One is none, two is one, and three is better.
The point being that one can suffer a malfunction, in which case you essentially have a rock. If you have two the chances of both malfunctioning is quite small. If you have three, then you probably have enough functioning arms AND ammo to get out of trouble.

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

So Suck It Up Buttercup!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in