♂ Ireland
dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by councilxvb32 View Post
why not buy a new motor?
300cc Scooters
http://www.megamotormadness.com/300cc-scooters-mopeds
WTF???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 11th January 2015, 03:57 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United Kingdom
South Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt314 View Post
Between myself, a friend of mine and my brother we all have had high mileage SV650 and had near 0 problems. Far less problems than SV1000 with much less mileage. I sold my commuter SV650 with 42k miles (67500km) and it used no oil, and everything was great. My friends bike he bought new in 04, and sold it with 62k miles (99800km). You could never tell when riding it, it was running great, motor quiet and used no oil. My brothers bike he just sold with 78k miles (125500km). Started great, burned no oil and just kept running. We thought it would expire but never did.

It is all in how well it has been taken care of. If it starts and runs well and if the price is low enough why not? Make sure things have been serviced though like steering stem bearings, swingarm bearings, wheel bearings, chain, sprockets, clutch, forks... These things add up fast and can out weigh a high mileage in many cases
-ms
Also, check that the valve clearances have been checked at the correct intervals. It can get expensive if they have been left too long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 11th January 2015, 10:36 PM
Upside-Downer

♂ Australia
Perth, Western Australia
Offer him a thousand euros, or walk away.

• 6000K HIDs, Tail Tidy, LED Indicators, TRE, PCIII, K&N Filter
  • Yoshimura 2-into-1, CR8EIX Plugs, Snorkel Prune, Carbon Hugger, Helibars, Oxford Hotgrips, Chrome Cooler Guards
  • Sharealike Clutch, Voltmeter, Usb Charge Port, Suzuki Gel Seat, Racetech Springs

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 27th February 2015, 08:12 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Ireland
Dublin
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephv View Post
Where do you live in Macedonia? I lived in Sarajevo for 6,5 years as a kid in the Tito days
I spent 6 months there with the Army in 2002 really liked Sarajevo also spent 6 months in Tuzla in 2005 great place too, I know its nothing to do with the topic

2005 SV1000S, Custom High Level Exhaust System, Yoshimura RS3 Race Exhausts, Heli Bars, TRE, Raised Tank, K&N Air Filter, Removed Snorkel, 16/42 Sprocket,DID Gold Chain, Seat Cowl, Rear Hugger, Tinted Screen, Headlight Protectors, Aftermarket Mirrors,Stubby Levers, Aftermarket Seat Cover, Carbon Fiber Front Fender & Extender, TLR Gear Shift Arm,Carbon Fiber Clutch Cover, Carbon Fiber Fly Wheel Cover, Dealer Mode Switch,Cool Air manual radiator fan switch,Custom Stickers & lots more...

post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 19th February 2020, 07:55 AM
L-Plate Rider

Everything depends on your personal luck. You may buy a new one and experience many issues with it, and you may enjoy a used one without a single failure. It can be a different result. Though, I myself would pay a bit more expensive and opt for a newer version. But that’s my personal approach. I am based in a big city, here we have a huge choice and prices are very competitive. I check market weblink to get the best prices in the area when I am planning a purchase.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 19th February 2020, 05:11 PM
L-Plate Rider

post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2020, 09:59 AM
L-Plate Rider

Question is why bother?
Sv s are cheap bikes and 650 s are available in their hundreds. Why would you buy a bike with five times the average mileage from a dubious source.
Do yourself a favour and buy a nice straight clean bike with sensible mileage and good history.
Even if you spend a couple of hundred more, It will see you right in the end.
Walk away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in