looking fo solutions - SV1000 Portal
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Missing Link

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 17th February 2020, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

looking fo solutions

hello, is my first motorcycle the Matrix of electrical and senser hell or will there be a day that sweet sunshine that hopefuly i can ride and enjoy speed power and control thank you for allowing me to join my name is Kevin and i have rapid backfiring no secondarys someone removed them but the RAPID BACKFIRING has my attention at the moment my question is 1 fual to much to little? 2 electrical interferance 3 intermitin spark? whats up with these sv1000,s can someone please clue me in thank you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 17th February 2020, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

my bike is mostly stock except my cooling fan is isolated to on/off manual switch and aftermarket exhuast tuned to bike unsure my bike is a 2005 sv1000 and its running like liquid waste sorta say one twist on the throttle and bang pop pow!backfiring rapidl other than that purrs like a kitten were not going anywhere but manages to idol quite nicely.. most certain uneducated guessing electrical mangling is happing somewhere in the system and i,m alittle out of my wheelhouse hopefuly i can get an education get a grip on my situation here yes i am and have been my mechanic for the last thirty five years i,m just turned 50.. struggling has been my strong points in life so this sv1000 is going to be repaired
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 18th February 2020, 02:25 AM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shields View Post
my bike is mostly stock except my cooling fan is isolated to on/off manual switch and aftermarket exhuast tuned to bike unsure my bike is a 2005 sv1000 and its running like liquid waste sorta say one twist on the throttle and bang pop pow!backfiring rapidl other than that purrs like a kitten were not going anywhere but manages to idol quite nicely.. most certain uneducated guessing electrical mangling is happing somewhere in the system and i,m alittle out of my wheelhouse hopefuly i can get an education get a grip on my situation here yes i am and have been my mechanic for the last thirty five years i,m just turned 50.. struggling has been my strong points in life so this sv1000 is going to be repaired

Start with all the standard service items and while performing keep an eye peeled for vac line issues, rubbed wires, loose connectors, and so on.

It sounds like it is misfiring on a cylinder.

If standard service checks/repairs such as new plugs and things donít fix it I would move onto things like fuel pressure.

With 35 years of experience, you should be able to troubleshoot it.

-ms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 18th February 2020, 03:39 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
I love that punctuation is not being wasted here,....HA HA....

You say the secondary butterflies have been removed ??
Are the secondary shafts still in place ?
Lots of air will get sucked in through the shaft holes if so....that can cause a few pops and bangs....
One would assume the shafts are there, because they need to drive the Seconsary Throttle Position Sensor, which may be seriously out of adjustment. Or, if the shafts are gone, then the STPS will be stuck in one spot, and it will only have an appropriate value for a few % of the throttle range...

Also, is the PAIR valve still in place ? Are the hoses from it to the rocker covers in place ?
oldbaldsob likes this.

One owner..... 300,000kms and counting... yes, that much..........

2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 19th February 2020, 01:14 AM
Bike curious

♂ United States
Springfield, MOFO
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing Link View Post
I love that punctuation is not being wasted here,....HA HA....

Two of my favorite posts here on the SV Portal are by Chainsaw Willie!
and
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 19th February 2020, 04:26 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
Speech to text....has to be.....haha

One owner..... 300,000kms and counting... yes, that much..........

2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in