SV Portal Forums banner

South West Owners Meet. Can you make it?!

UK South West Owners Rideout 17th September

11K views 75 replies 23 participants last post by  chandler 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

It's that time again for the September UK South West Owners meet and rideout!

Same route as always, please append on the poll so I get a estimate of numbers

£2.50 suggested donation to raise funds for the site

9am @ Hein Gericke Taunton or for the foodies, 8am at Tesco for Breakfast!

Cheers!

Warren

#11 ·
We're stopping over Friday night at the Premier Inn next to the M5 in Taunton (think you're further North), will be ridin' home Sat, after the rideout

#22 ·
Sorry chaps but it's a bit of a way to travel from Nairobi, so I won't be attending this South West owners ride out.
I hope you all have a safe and fantastic ride, but how can you not on roads like that!
I will be thinking of you.

#25 ·
Definite Maybe

Found my way back on to the forum again ;)
Hoping I can make it down for this one and that the bike will behave this time. Just trying to juggle the diary, accommodation and the finances.
Fingers crossed see you all there :niceone:
DC

#26 ·
I shall have to be there in spirit only this time but I hope the weather holds out for you all.

I'll try for one next year and it'll be on the SV so I can keep up with the fast group.

#40 ·
So Sorry :(

Guys,

Unfortunately I have to attend to other matters in my life at this time and as a result I will not be at the meet. Though I am very disappointed and that I am letting you all down, I feel these have higher priorities at the moment.

Dave Hobbs has very kindly agreed to take over the meet for Saturday and he will sort everything that needs to be so the meet runs smoothly.

I hope to be there next April, depending on the coming months.

Once again my apologies,

Warren

#42 ·
Well as usual a good day but no Warren meant the weather God's didn't look favourably on us - it rained quite a bit but at least the fast section was dry.

Nice to see some new faces as well and well done Dave for taking over the run.

#45 ·
Thank-you..............

Thanks to all the riders who turned out on what at first looked to be a definitely dodgey day. But the effort was rewarded once everybody had got their waterproof gear sorted, and it turned out to be a reasonable day. A few short, hard showers but also a surprising amount of dry road. I don't know about the rest of you, but the only really sphincter puckering moment was caused by finding a wide spread of agricultural crap just after a fast, damp turn.

A couple of new machines made an appearance. Yoshikid had a new Triumph 800 triple which he is deeply in love with. Mark and Kim were on a glorious sounding Aprillia RSV4, which most of the rest of us are deeply in love with.

I think the staff at the Railway Inn were glad to see us because they had very few other customers. Just for a change we ate indoors.

The collection produced £34.50 which I have PayPal'd to Spankme.

As for the photo above, L to R.......

Steve.......Russels Ride.....V-Strom
Jack Frost......................Rocket 3
Maurice.........................Bandit
Me................................SV1000
Neil...............................Yamaha 4 of some sort
Kim...............................Aprillia RSV4
Mark.............................---------""--------
Stuart........Valves...........Ducati Multistrada
Ian..........Yoshikid..........Triumph Tiger 800
Roy...............................Triumph Triple
.............Bravo..............SV1000
Michelle.........................--------""------
Jackie...........................Fireblade
Scot.............................------""------

Aplogies to those whose names or site names I do't know.

Must go, MotoGP is on.

See you in the Spring?

#50 ·
Glad you guys had a good day........and there were no mishaps despite farmer Gile's best effort!

REALLY wanted to be there but it was hacking it down first thing and there was no way I'm brave enough to scrub in a brand new pair of tyres in the wet (only got my wheels back late Friday....refit finished Sat morning!!) so plan B I thought, meet at Blackmoor Gate...

Plan B.............scuppered more torrential thundery showers :disgust:

Pan C.............be at HG Taunton to form a one man welcome back committee. Looked promising for a while mid afternoon.....got my gear out, got changed and......

......it fcuking pissed down again! :disgust: :disgust: :disgust:

Dave we'll have to do our own mini SW Rideout before 5th October!

Attachments

#55 ·
That was the cause of the weather problem. It seem that my soul does not have quite the same bargaining value as Warren's. Sorry guys :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.