Magnets done! I went ahead and left the flywheel on to do the job. Also, I only took off the one magnet that had slipped. The Elmer's glue holding it on only adhered to the magnet and came off cleanly after about 30 seconds of heating with a little butane torch. Then I just filed off the glue, cleaned it, and put a smear of JB Weld on it and the place I wanted to put it. Then I put 5 toothpicks in the oil drainage openings and spread JB weld in between the rest of the magnets (a copious amount actually) and kept forcing it in between and in front of them. Yeah the JB weld moved around but as it thickened, I was able to keep most of it where I wanted it to go. The day after it hardened, I broke off the toothpicks, drilled the rest out, and opened up the holes through the JB weld. Then I filed and sanded it all down really well with a coarse sanding attachment on my Dremel. I think it looks pretty good!
magnet repair jb weld.jpg magnet repair final.jpg
I also noticed that the part of the wiring harness going to the display has some nicked wires so I'll peel off the insulation on a couple of them and solder them up.
display wiring harness.jpg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.