SV Portal Forums banner

2007 sv1000s leaking oil not clutch fluid

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Missing Link 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 sv1000s its leaking oil not clutch fluid. Ive seen all the forums about clutch slave cylinder and i dont think thats the issue. My clutch fluid is the same as usual but my oil is getting low. Does anyone have a clue what the issue is?

#6 ·
It really depends on how fast it's leaking out. BUT there is always the risk of the leak getting really bad while riding. If that happened, you would create a continuous oil slick for your rear tire and that could be really bad news for your traction.

Have you taken things apart to inspect the push rod seal? It's always a good idea to clean all the chain lube and crap that builds up in that area in order to see what's really going on. If your push rod is rusty at all, that can cause leaks too. Here's a good thread on how to get to that area for an inspection: https://www.sv-portal.com/forums/4-sv1000-discussion/705-how-avoid-shattered-sprocket-cover.html

#7 ·
I replaced the pushrod seal on mine but after a while i was also getting a leak from the final drive seal behind the sprocket (or as i called it self oiling chain.

If that's where the leak is I'd recommend replacing the seal and the metal bush in there too.
39 SPACER, SPROCKET
27531-16G00

28 SEAL, DRIVE SHAFT | 38X52X8
09283-38020

And

44 O RING (D:2.4,ID:23.7)
09280-24010

I also replaced

34 RETAINER, DRIVE SHAFT OIL
24751-06G00

And the various bolts washers and screws since i was in there anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.