SV Portal Forums banner

05 1000 svz

1K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Missing Link 
#1 ·
Hi all (please excuss my spelling and that) iv owned my 05 svz about 3 months now, twice its thru up the blinking fi oil light, so stopped her then started it again still thier ,so repeated still thier then started again then the oil light stayed on switched off left a few minutes started and nothing?? now thiers plenty of oil sits at the full line! Am thinking oil sensor are pump but dont know were to start am not very well machanical but would take on a small job cheers for anyones help

#2 ·
Welcome to the site mate....

Not had this occur before, or have heard of it either, thats not to say it hasn't.

The switch may possibly be the issue yes, but read on....

You say you have owned it 3 months....have you taken it as gospel that the oil in it was really very fresh. or have you changed it ?
I always believe that oil should be changed right after buying the bike, so you know what it is, and when it was changed....

The flashing FI light may be a symptom of something else as well, possibly fuel or sensor related.

There is a plug under your pillion seat that can be used to enable a "dealer mode" which gives a -C00 on your dash instead of temp, and the numbers after the -C denote possible faults. The - before the C shows you relative TPS position (throttle position sensor)

Have a look around the site for Dealer Mode Switch and see how you make one, or buy one, to suit your year bike..... or someone will come along and drop a link in here for it....i am crap at finding that stuff.... ha ha

#3 ·
Hi mate cheers ,yes i havent changed the oil but it looks pretty clean ,what am gona do is give it a fresh service,new oil, filter,plugs ,airfilter and throw on a new oil sensor for goodluck as its not over expensive, as for dealer mode its not putting up any codes,cheers for your help 🙂

#4 ·
DOnt spend the money on the sensor yet....might be a waste....

I should have said, you need to look for codes WHEN the prob is happening....you gotta flip the delae rmode on while the bike is still live....
If you turn the bike off, the code will clear.....unless there is serious problem with a sensor.

#5 ·
Hi guys, Kevin, before you drain the engine oil mate. Have someone hold the bike up right and you watch the oil level sightglass as the engine starts, Oil should rapidly disappear from the sightglass as the engine starts. If the oil stays in the sightglass there are problems that new oil isn't going to fix. You may also want to consider using a mechanical pressure gage to check the oil pressure.

#6 ·
Hi lads ,already have new switch ordered was rightly rusted so do no harm,yea i read that about the codes the other day it has to be running so i.ll have to keep the spare with me for when it happens next to take off the cowl ! Yes the oil disappears out the sight glass fairly fast i checked before draining it , the first time this happened was about 6 weeks and i was driving it around after reasonable hard, no noticable loud bang are knocking , so fingers crossed nothing serious going on 🙃 is doing a compersion test hard ?? And again thank you for all your help😎😎👍

#11 ·
Hi all me again, i thebhave clutch cover off here checking primary gear nut isnt loose, am debating weather to go on ahead to take the clutch basket off and get the (mod) done with sharealike! If i decide to go ahead will i need to replace the clutch plates? Are can i reuse? If i can reuse the will be out of the bike for a few weeks so what is best way to keep the stored? Will they need to be soaked in oil to stop drying out?? Thanks for any help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.