SV Portal Forums banner

connecting rods

995 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  oldbaldsob 
#1 ·
After reading a lot in the forum and from my own personal experiences I am determined to modify my DL with the tips seen here, increasing compression, adjusting the cam lobes and adjusting the ports to the valve seats. Also 54mm throttle bodies. I have two Sv engines for parts that I could get the connecting rods from and I think I can get a DL engine to work on it with peace of mind. Should I put the SV cranks? In my previous transformation I kept the DL cranks without problems, taking into account that the cut is at lower rpm in DL and its use will be street. Schimidt314 master council?

#2 ·
What year DL?

Pre 2014 cranks are the same as the SV.

In many pre 14 DLs, I have swapped out rods to the SV units. They are a tougher rod and have a different compressive residual stressing finish.

-ms

#3 ·
It's a 2016. With the previous K6 I had no problems. In case of mounting SV cranks, is it mandatory to balance the crankshaft? Assembling them without balancing the crankshaft does not seem difficult to me, but if it is mandatory to balance it, it would be complicated because I do not know someone in my area who can do a job with guarantees, even that leaves it worse ...

#4 ·
The 14 up cranks differ a bit from the earlier ones. The taper is larger so the flywheels do not cross over.

Balance depends on if you have changed the reciprocating masses.

If you want to balance, my machinist has done many SV/DL cranks for me and are awesome.

-ms

#7 ·
Well I have finally been able to get a DL 2014 engine from an accident with 14,500 km, I will have to open it because the cylinder head cover and the magnetic flywheel cover have broken so there may be pieces rolling through the engine, so I will check the weights of the connecting rods and I'll see what to do. Although this will be after the hard winter that does not encourage working in the cold garage

#8 ·
Have been reading a lot in the forum and found valuable information contributed mostly by Mike Schmidt, only to thank his valuable contributions that not everyone values ​​as they should. Here is my future project, I think I have made a magnificent purchase

Attachments

#9 ·
arcore said:
Have been reading a lot in the forum and found valuable information contributed mostly by Mike Schmidt, only to thank his valuable contributions that not everyone values ​​as they should....

Believe me, Mike Schmidt is one of the most valuable forum members we have. To have someone of his consummate knowledge offering their expertise free for the asking is really mind-blowing. He definitely makes the SV1000 Portal worth being a member of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.