Z or Zed? 0-60 or Naught to 60? - Page 3 - SV1000 Portal  
Suzuki SV1000s / SV1000

Go Back   SV1000 Portal > Off Topic > Rave on > Pointless drivel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th November 2009, 09:55 AM   #31 (permalink)
Forum whore

Regardless of how you want to pernouce it, or if you like the styling, its probably a hoot to ride. The older version Z1000 put out close to 130hp, I beleive,maybe high 120s. A dealer I know was trying to get me to buy one a few years back. I told him, "See if you can beat me on my Bandit with it." He asked,"You don't think it will beat your Bandit?" I said it would depend on who you could get to ride it. I hated the double shoot gun exhaust back then, but there was plenty of aftermarket chaged ones that looked good.
smooth operator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16th November 2009, 10:31 AM   #32 (permalink)
Pete's bike hauler

[quote=PEZ;1851888850]I am a little surprised they don't spell it "sebra"...[/quote]

you forgot the H on the end, sebrah !
I am starting to understand why the senate refused last year to make "english" your national language, most people thought it was because there were so many hispanics or others that might have taken offence , I think it is because it should be "american" but that hasnt been correctly catalogued yet :innocent:
nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 8th February 2010, 07:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Waiting to go for a boat ride

Good job guys... I moved ALL but Nigels thread here. I'd have moved his as his started this but he actually had something to say about the bike...

Personally I believe both are right. We say it one way and you say it another. It's like saying we should sound like ya'll too... If we were all alike this world would be a VERY boring place.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
500 RWHP, seats 5, and runs low 11's in the 1320. Yep, that'll do!
2WIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 8th February 2010, 09:31 PM   #34 (permalink)
Pete's bike hauler

shock , horror banished to the drivel thread, such ignomy, tear the shirt how cliche!
As i have said more than once quoting churchill we are 2 nations divided by the same language but as we have several centuries head start on you guys on the other side of the pond, have many centuries of learning, how to make a play on words, or the sublety of language as a communicator, words as a form of amusement to catch up. It is important to realise that showing your brashness and desire to start a physical fight shows that you are dealing with a weak hand.
those that have been to college/university and have been part of a debating society will understand this. The interesting thing is that the uk members welcome a verbal contre temps whereas on the other side of the pond they consider themselves under attack, is this something to do with the spreading paranoia that we read about in the papers?
nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 8th February 2010, 09:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
PEZ
N of Atlanta

Hey, now it looks like I started it and put that stupid title on it, LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, Smart TRE, Watsen Design front signals,
undertail, TL shift lever, Vesrah HH pads, suzuki hugger, seat cowl + Jesters
, Oberon bits, Chewy's PAIR removal kit, can anglers and mirror spacers,
, MRA Vario, PCIII, carbon stick-ons,
, bling bits...
PEZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 8th February 2010, 10:02 PM   #36 (permalink)
Just Magnificent.

ALUMINIUM, ALUMINIUM, GET IT? ALUMINIUM!!!
It's not doobious or a conTROversy, its real dAtA.
;)
Old 8th February 2010, 11:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
Mmmm Kate

[QUOTE=jonjames;1851899028]ALUMINIUM, ALUMINIUM, GET IT? ALUMINIUM!!!
It's not doobious or a conTROversy, its real dAtA.
;)[/QUOTE]I got into trouble at work one time because when I answer emails I still spell things the English way. My boss told me "people will think they are talking to a foreigner". Ermmm...hello!

"I don't have an English accent because this is what English sounds like when spoken properly" - James Carr

Scooters are for men who want to ride motorcycles, but prefer to feel the wind on their vaginas.

I'd rather tea bag a hungry lion than buy a Harley Davidson.
Malkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 8th February 2010, 11:53 PM   #38 (permalink)
Just Magnificent.

[QUOTE=Malkey;1851899041]I got into trouble at work one time because when I answer emails I still spell things the English way. My boss told me "people will think they are talking to a foreigner". Ermmm...hello![/QUOTE]

I should think if your going to use a language, you should have the courtesy to use correct spelling, syntax and grammar. If not then don't claim it to be the language you use.
God save the Queen!
Old 9th February 2010, 12:39 PM   #39 (permalink)
PEZ
N of Atlanta

Yes, British-Speak is a quaint old form of English with lots of extra syllables and stuff thrown in- kind of like Sanskrit. :)

, Smart TRE, Watsen Design front signals,
undertail, TL shift lever, Vesrah HH pads, suzuki hugger, seat cowl + Jesters
, Oberon bits, Chewy's PAIR removal kit, can anglers and mirror spacers,
, MRA Vario, PCIII, carbon stick-ons,
, bling bits...
PEZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th February 2010, 01:54 PM   #40 (permalink)
Waiting to go for a boat ride

See how it worked is we took your language... Brought it over here and made it better...

For the record... No British hands were involved in the discovery or making of aluminum so I think you added a letter to make it sound better than it is.

An American is touted as the person that made aluminum widely used while a Dutchman started the whole process in the early 1800's.

Chris

500 RWHP, seats 5, and runs low 11's in the 1320. Yep, that'll do!
2WIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th February 2010, 10:14 PM   #41 (permalink)
Just Magnificent.

[QUOTE=2WIN;1851899100]See how it worked is we took your language... Brought it over here and made it better...

For the record... No British hands were involved in the discovery or making of aluminum so I think you added a letter to make it sound better than it is.

An American is touted as the person that made aluminum widely used while a Dutchman started the whole process in the early 1800's.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Er, I think you need to read up on this. British Chemist Humphry Davy was the very first person to isolate electrolyticly aluminium in its raw form. This was in 1808, way, way before the first usage of "aluminum" in 1926 when it was adopted by the American Chemical society. Davy went on to isolate other elements such as stronTIUM, potassIUM, sodIUM, magnesIUM and calcIUM.
So give a guy credit.
The reason you over the pond say it like you do is bacause of a chap called Hall who had a very efficient process of brewing loads of the stuff up. A bit like using a brand name to descirbe a product.
The Dutchman you refer too is in fact a Dane called Orsted who in 1825 first established the specific gravity of aluminium by refining it to it's most pure form.
And yes, he called it aluminium too.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:33 PM   #42 (permalink)
Copper Crusader!!

who really cares one way or the other how we speak? we can all communicate that we ride and love the same freakin bike........................ hell, i have a screaming guy with an afro as my avatar!!!!!!!!!!

svjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th February 2010, 10:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
Just Magnificent.

It's just a piss-take. That's why it was moved into the drivel section where it belongs.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:41 PM   #44 (permalink)
Copper Crusader!!

i hear ya, just speaking up...........

svjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th February 2010, 10:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
Just Magnificent.

[QUOTE=svjoe;1851899150]i hear ya, just speaking up...........[/QUOTE]

If we're gonna talk about diversity and oneness, then I have a latino retard lesbian with a bucket on her head as my avatar.
You can't see it but she's being muff dived by a one legged asian/african lesbian witch doctor from an impoverished neighbourhood in eastern Europe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in