Crazy Old Foole

♂ United States
Backside of Nowhere
ARMCO Connection...Lucky Bugger

This fool is sooooooo lucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up2UvuRLdTE

99% Of Liberals
Give The Rest A Bad Name

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal
So Suck It Up Buttercup!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st March 2010, 07:02 AM
Dynamic Chaos Technician

♂ United States
just a short walk away from Nike Site S-13/14
In the slo-mo you can see the rear wheel spokes have stopped turning, and the smoke coming off the rear tire.

Looks like a rider with no training. This is what rear brakes do to ya when you combine them with a bucket full of panic.

R.I.P. J.P. Patches

Once again I find myself trading my heros for ghosts.
Everyday it's getting harder and harder to tell blue skies from pain or a green field from a cold steel rail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st March 2010, 07:40 AM
55,500 miles and counting

♂ United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
I was just about to say he looks like a novice who froze up but them it looked just like my incident with a bush a couple of years ago.

Sometimes you just bugger it up for no reason at all.

My new toy. A 2005 Yamaha MT-01 1700cc torque monster.

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st March 2010, 08:22 AM
Pete's bike hauler

♂ France
Surrounded by the best biking roads in the world
I have come across many riders in my youth on the other side of the pond that thought that it was dangerous to use your front brake for whatever reason consequently they only ever used their rear brake, this looks like just that kind of scenario if he had used his front brake he would have scrubbed off the speed and stopped in plenty of time. At least he had a barrier to stop the bike, here in the pyrenees many roads dont have any barriers and you can go over a drop of a thousand feet or more tangled up with your bike. Last year I read of a german with a beemer 1200gs who stopped in the alps to admire a view, for whatever reason as he stopped the bike and it over balanced and fell on its side, the rider fell over the edge collected a tree and was killed the bike remained next to the road unscathed.

If you are looking for a free holiday in the sun, don't bother me, However if you are a genuine biker and want to ride the best roads in the world there is no better place than
check out the pics on the site and the vids on youtube search for britfrog
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st March 2010, 04:39 PM
Dynamic Chaos Technician

♂ United States
just a short walk away from Nike Site S-13/14
He also seemed to not actually be going all that fast. He may have been able to make the corner if he simply counter-steered and leaned into the turn.

R.I.P. J.P. Patches

Once again I find myself trading my heros for ghosts.
Everyday it's getting harder and harder to tell blue skies from pain or a green field from a cold steel rail.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 21st March 2010, 04:47 PM
Forum whore

♂ United States
Virginia
Looks like he either panicked and stomped the rear brake, or he did a late downshift without rev-matching and went into a skid due to engine-braking...

Ouch.
________
STORZ & BICKEL VOLCANO VAPORIZER

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in