Havin fun on the SV1000! - Page 2 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2009, 06:24 PM
Forum whore

♂ United States
Erie,Pa
Have fun following your buddy, but don't try to keep up if you feel out of you comfort zone. There will always be a place to catch up. I always slow down on the straights and keep the pace down a click when riding with someone. The last thing I want to do is have some get hurt. Try coming into the turn from the outside of your lane,making a later apex, and looking through the end. I see you were hugging the inside of the turn going in, that leaves you no room to adjust your line and you could wind up drifting out in the other lane.Also a mis conception many folks have, is to brake into the apex and throttle out. Thats allright for a experiensed racer trying to cut lap time. But its better to have your braking done early,speed under controll going in, you can throttle sooner getting the weight transfer on the back wheel, and you can power out. You'll find you have room to adjust for unforseen circomstances, come out harder and faster. I see you were not coming in hot(good thing) but practicing these technics will make you feel more comfortable going into a turn.
Again I'm not try to be a know-it-all, just want motorcycling to be a enjoyable experience. A track school will teach you sooo much,you'll never regret it if you get the chance. Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2009, 07:06 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Austin, TX
smooth operator is giving great advice... Take heed & don't try to keep up!

The group I ride with follows 'the pace'. It's a long read (as far as internet articles go), but it's a good system & will make you a better rider:
http://www.pashnittours.com/thepace.html
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2009, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Weekend cruiser

♂ United States
Killeen Texas
Ive read "The pace" We dont race or go too fast. But we both have driven that road a few times so we getting more comfortable. I dont ride with big groups because someone always seams to do something stupid and get hurt.

2006 Sv1000
Current Mods= LSL superbike Kit, Braided Clutch Line, Braided Front Brake Lines, Cox Racing Radiator Cover, Suzuki Wind Screen, Chewy's Pair Valve Kit, Chewy's Mirror spacers, D&D Stainless Exhaust

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2009, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Weekend cruiser

♂ United States
Killeen Texas
Coming in hot is def not something I want to do. One of the guys I've rode with before had a buddy on a SV650 Go in hot and get on the brake and went strait off the road. Ive never noticed this on my crusiers but def can feel it on the SV. Ive gone into a parking lot and rode in a circle to get on the brakes to feel how the bike stands up and man let me tell you...the SVs want to stand strait up and it feels scary.

Watching NASSSSSSSCAR!!! has given me a few tips with that...Brake Early, Let the car roll thru the apex and throttle out. Seems to work good on the bikes too.

2006 Sv1000
Current Mods= LSL superbike Kit, Braided Clutch Line, Braided Front Brake Lines, Cox Racing Radiator Cover, Suzuki Wind Screen, Chewy's Pair Valve Kit, Chewy's Mirror spacers, D&D Stainless Exhaust
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2009, 10:04 PM
55,500 miles and counting

♂ United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmayxj View Post
I'm for Real! I want to have someone to call the Medics if i go down hard....
thats the first time i've heard that one in 33 1/2 years of bike riding.

I think yer mamma wrapped you up in too much cotton wool as a child

Have you though about selling the bike and taking up knitting instead, I hear thats a bit safer

but seriously, you shouldn't ride beyond your capabilities, only hard arse real British men can do that

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My new toy. A 2005 Yamaha MT-01 1700cc torque monster.

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2009, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Weekend cruiser

♂ United States
Killeen Texas
It may be the first time you've heard that but you know it's funny. Ill be honest and say that I'm not expert, but I have never had a bike go down in 5 years. Well...if you dont count not putting the kick stand down then i have never had one go down. I made the team of people I am riding with go read "The pace" though. My close buddy and I ride so often we dont even have to try and comunicate when we ride. It just all comes natural to us if that makes sense. I've just now started "riding" the sport bike though.

AND I WILL NEVER sell my bike. If I was told by a women its me or the bike...I would gear up and head out into the sunset lol.

And when i watch my video again...It doesnt look like I ride all that bad just need to teak it. Maybe I'm wrong though.

2006 Sv1000
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2009, 11:01 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Longview, WA
Nice vid man. You should take a trip out to Kerrville and really enjoy some nice roads
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2009, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Weekend cruiser

♂ United States
Killeen Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinthunder View Post
Nice vid man. You should take a trip out to Kerrville and really enjoy some nice roads
Any idea the name of the road???

2006 Sv1000
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 29th May 2009, 04:21 AM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
most likely hwy 16 going up and down the hill or the twisted sisters, I really want to go back out there with plenty of time to spend.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 29th May 2009, 04:26 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0hawK View Post
most likely hwy 16 going up and down the hill or the twisted sisters, I really want to go back out there with plenty of time to spend.
I'm going to the 3 sisters next week!
Staying in Hunt & riding the roads Thursday through Sunday
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 13th December 2011, 02:26 AM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
Great road. Used to ride this road alot when I was living there back in the early 80s. A lot less traffic and no real anything out there. It was great

Brett

2003 Suzuki Sv1000S
2008 Suzuki Bking
1979 Honda CBX
1985 ZX550 GPZ
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 13th December 2011, 06:15 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ England
I love these slow motion videos!
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 13th December 2011, 11:33 PM
Piss ant

♂ United States
Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheggy View Post
I love these slow motion videos!
Yes this guy was definitely riding within his limits. If this dude had been riding cruisers for 5 years then that kinda explains it. Those cruiser guys just kinda chill an..... cruise. Pete you never fail to crack me up. The OP mentioned posting some new videos after the fact. I'm wondering if he ever made it to the end of the road for as fast as he was goin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDog View Post
Markus is a very serious and sensitive individual.

On behalf of every internet forum and every last person on earth I would like to apologize for any insult ever taken by you in the past, present, or future. I humbly ask that you forgive any transgressions and forgive all my SV forum mates for any insult, intended or otherwise now and going forward.

Thank you.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 26th February 2012, 12:18 AM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
Round Rock
I love Lime creek road its only 10 min north west of me (Round rock) and all the road to get there are just as fun (brushy creek road) but cops suck up here! In willco.

Tags
sv1000 video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in