Frenchman having an invisible day - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Forum whore

♂ Ireland
dublin
Frenchman having an invisible day

You know the kind of day, when you feel invisible and everyone has decided to take you of the road.
http://youtu.be/ZfIHHAn3Amw

the official message is : " the majority of deadly accident happen on open empty roads, on a sunny day. The biggest danger is to think there is none"

Spring is coming. Ride quick but ride safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 06:47 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
Crap, that video gave me the chills, my hands are sweating.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 08:34 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ England
We all know the risks. That advert suggests that the biggest threat to us is ourselves.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Forum whore

♂ Ireland
dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheggy View Post
We all know the risks. That advert suggests that the biggest threat to us is ourselves.
I don't know about you, but my lack of focus or overconfidence has been responsible for at least 40% of my crashes. Defensive riding saves me from other drivers which has served me well so far.
Last week, a mate's daughter got her car ridden off by a 60 year old on a BMW who crashed through her boot. He came in too fast and misjudged her speed. He flew above the car, bounced on the bonnet, landed on the road. Her with whiplash, him with a broken wrist. He fully admitted it was entirely his error.
Ambulance driver said if hadn't been for the rider being fully kitted ( inc his airbag jacket) the outcome would have been very different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 10:37 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ England
Defensive riding is something I agree about but I hate adverts like that one because it puts too much focus on the rider being at fault.
Your typical moronic car driver looks at that advert and sees a biker screwing his machine at the first sign of an open road then crashing into a load of trees.

As for what your ambulance driver stating the possible different outcome.... Bullshit.
Statistically less people have died wearing a clown suit and a shower cap than wearing leathers and a helmet.
If youre fully suited and feel invincible then youre more likely to crash than someone without the gear and knows he is vulnerable and gonna hurt himself if he barrel rolls it.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Forum whore

♂ Ireland
dublin
I would rather wear the gear then get a skin graft. It's less painful and easier all around. It s always amazing how many people end up with damaged hands or feet for the sake of a good pair of gloves or boots

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 5th March 2013, 11:45 PM
Mmmm Kate

♂ United States
Los Angeles, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheggy View Post
As for what your ambulance driver stating the possible different outcome.... Bullshit.
Statistically less people have died wearing a clown suit and a shower cap than wearing leathers and a helmet.
If you're fully suited and feel invincible then youre more likely to crash than someone without the gear and knows he is vulnerable and gonna hurt himself if he barrel rolls it.
I have to disagree with you there. Feeling invincible is a state of mind thing and nothing to do with what you have on. I've seen people in t-shirts and shorts doing dangerous things that could cause an accident. I bet you they'll regret not wearing leathers etc. If you feel invincible in leathers, then you have issues.

"I don't have an English accent because this is what English sounds like when spoken properly" - James Carr

Scooters are for men who want to ride motorcycles, but prefer to feel the wind on their vaginas.

I'd rather tea bag a hungry lion than buy a Harley Davidson.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 6th March 2013, 02:36 AM
PEZ
N of Atlanta

♂ United States
N Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkey View Post
I have to disagree with you there. Feeling invincible is a state of mind thing and nothing to do with what you have on. I've seen people in t-shirts and shorts doing dangerous things that could cause an accident. I bet you they'll regret not wearing leathers etc. If you feel invincible in leathers, then you have issues.
+1 Anyone who has ever been launched down the road is a believer in gear. Either you already wear proper gear and pat yourself on the back later, or you kick yourself in the ass for being such a scared up fool.

, Smart TRE, Watsen Design front signals,
undertail, TL shift lever, Vesrah HH pads, suzuki hugger, seat cowl + Jesters
, Oberon bits, Chewy's PAIR removal kit, can anglers and mirror spacers,
, MRA Vario, PCIII, carbon stick-ons,
, bling bits...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 21st July 2013, 06:42 PM
Pete's bike hauler

♂ France
Surrounded by the best biking roads in the world
whilst I do not suggest that anyone should go riding in t shirt and shorts as many do here in the south but I think you can have too much confidence in leathers and good boots. these may stop a few scratches but do not protect in any way against broken bones or piercing objects.
I think the UKand the US needs to wake up to euro standards where clothing and boots have to be homologated to a CE standard , already in Germany if you have an accident and are not wearing CE approved clothing you cannot claim compensation even if the accident is not your fault, this is going to spread as soon as all insurers who are after all only shylocks, find out they have a reason for reducing their payouts.

If you are looking for a free holiday in the sun, don't bother me, However if you are a genuine biker and want to ride the best roads in the world there is no better place than
check out the pics on the site and the vids on youtube search for britfrog
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th July 2013, 06:54 AM
Raising the standards

♂ England
Norfolk
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkey View Post
I If you feel invincible in leathers, then you have issues.
Been out a couple of times over the past couple days in just my leather jacket normal jeans and bike boots.
I find myself riding a lot slower incase I take a tumble.
Yes I do feel invincible when I'm in full leathers,issues?
You know I've got them

You`ll find it`s a better class of people who own BMW motorcycles
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th July 2013, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Forum whore

♂ Ireland
dublin
At the end of the day, if you're a mere mortal you need leathers,

If you've got super powers, wear Lycra to your heart contempt.

:

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th July 2013, 08:27 AM
Moving at the speed of...

♂ Canada
Home now in Wicklewood, Norfolk, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephv View Post
At the end of the day, if you're a mere mortal you need leathers,

If you've got super powers, wear Lycra to your heart contempt.

:
If you're that way inclined you could wear the lycra under the leathers

Just a grumpy old man. All my opinions are my own and you are free to ignore them, or stick them where the sun doesn't shine!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th July 2013, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Forum whore

♂ Ireland
dublin
Rumour says he's more into latex suits

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th July 2013, 09:04 AM
Raising the standards

♂ England
Norfolk
Garage
Did me Dad send you that?
He promised me that was for his private collection
And I do wear Mrs Bravo s leggings under my leathers.... They're soooooo comfy

You`ll find it`s a better class of people who own BMW motorcycles
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 24th July 2013, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Forum whore

♂ Ireland
dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
Did me Dad send you that?
He promised me that was for his private collection
And I do wear Mrs Bravo s leggings under my leathers.... They're soooooo comfy
Jeans will ruin your good looks. Dumb_Ass861.jpg

that's more down your alley comfy_ride.jpg

leather organ.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in