2005 SV1000 - Bay Area, CA - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 16th September 2019, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
Bay Area, CA
2005 SV1000 - Bay Area, CA

I've been hanging on to this 2005 SV1000 street fighter project bike with the intention of making it awesome, but I ended up buying a new 2016 KTM Duke 690. So my free time, energy, and money are going into expanding my business instead of fixing up a second bike. I used to daily drive this SV and did quite a few upgrades to it over time.

The good: 2008 GSXR1000 complete front end conversion, ZX10 rear shock upgrade, Speedohealer installed and calibrated, Installed the clutch basket upgrade that eliminates "chudder", Motor runs great, Frame, fork, and swingarm crash sliders, New battery, Tires have tons of tread, Rear passenger seat and hard cover, Comes with stubby race mufflers too, LED license plate bolts, Tail tidy installed, Rear hydraulic brake light banjo bolt switch, Vortex billet aluminum rearsets, Bar end mirrors, Printed repair manual, 2 inches thick, Clean title.

Needs work: Tail is cracked on both sides (I have the front fender and the under fairing, they're just not installed at the moment), Tank has crash damage from previous owner, Front brake master cylinder was replaced with a used RC51 unit to get it to the proper 19mm bore for the GSXR calipers. Unfortunately I could not get it to pump fluid when trying to bleed so I think it might need to be rebuilt. When I actually drove this bike it still had the stock SV master cylinder that had a 16mm bore, which is totally wrong and its bore was also galled. Either way, this is a relatively easy fix, Needs a new chain.

$3000
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00k0k_cNqdOHihKHQ_1200x900.jpg (102.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 00202_jlZhWsrgEHs_1200x900.jpg (95.9 KB, 18 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in