Looking for clutch reservoir and radiator/fan for 1000. - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11th August 2019, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Looking for clutch reservoir and radiator/fan for 1000.

Looking for Radiator and fan setup - is it same as the 650 ?
Clutch reservoir and the little fitting where it fits to that metal of the master cyl - mine has broken off.
Let me know if you have em and $ - shipping to 28269 zip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11th August 2019, 02:43 PM
Scooter boy

♂ United States
Enterprise, Al, USA
Fans are available on eBay.im not sure if the same as a 650, I have both bikes, but cannot tell by looking. Seal makes excellent aftermarket fans that could probably be employed with some ingenuity. The reservoir is not available by itself from Suzuki. I have a 2004 SV1000S, and a 2003 Honda RC51. The reservoirs are identical. I looked up the Honda part and bought one to replace my age-cracked (not leaking just ugly) SV reservoir, and it was identical. I installed it without issue. It was under $18 shipped on Amazon Prime back in March. Honda part number 22887-MBB-006. Partzilla shows it at $23+ now. Check amazon too. Still much cheaper than a new master cyl.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11th August 2019, 02:46 PM
Scooter boy

♂ United States
Enterprise, Al, USA
By the way, it just screws to the top of the clutch master. There are one or two o rings, canít remember. It isnít like the brake reservoir. This one is screwed directly to the master cylinder with a screw on the inside of the reservoir.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11th August 2019, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Mine is a veritable bin full of parts and I have it now nakedized with the N's lower and upper triple.
In my veritable mystery bin of parts I have a 650 clutch lever and perch, likely a cable and the mechanism and the cover that goes by your foot. Only problem is, I cant find a perch with a mirror mount, else I'd use it. I can get a GS500 brake side block for the clutch and brake side on the sv and fit mirrors to that is what I'm thinking.
Or I have a BMW F 650 lever and perch I could swap instead, that has the mirror mount on it already.
Let me check that and what would turn up would be what's done, I am still working on fitting the rear end of it - just got the fender eliminator and am button up the under side etc a bit cleaner today, likely early in the week I'll make a junkyard run or 2 to find em parts.

Also is the first gen 650 radiator etc the same ? I am just trying to see what else I can use instead so I am not limited by the small numbers of a sv1000 out in the wild.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11th August 2019, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
I think I'll be looking into a cable conversion, the BMW F 650 clutch perch is split like the brake and hydraulic clutch is but h as mirror thread as well, sort of like a GS500 one but not as chunky clunky looking.
Has anyone done it ? Would googling help -
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12th August 2019, 02:02 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Alameda, CA
Garage
I know that for SV650s there are 3 radiator sizes: 1st gen is relatively narrow and tall, early 2nd gen is very wide, late 2nd gen is less wide. 2nd gen S vs N is different as well - N runs a radiator cap directly on the radiator while N runs an extension hose up to a cap.

I don't think the mounts are the same for 1st gen vs 2nd gen although I imagine you could make it work. I also don't know if mounts are the same for 2nd gen 650 vs 1000.

There are lots of cheap aftermarket radiators on eBay, I've generally heard good things about them.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12th August 2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
sv650 clutch

OK the 650's clutch cam if fitted to line up with the cable routing boss on the case will leave the cam arm and spring far too close to the sprocket for my liking.
Fitting it outside the cover would require the big round part cut out like they did on the 650 I guess.
The cam outside the cover also makes the arm rub the cover and it can be spaced out to not do so, but that would put it further out of alignment of the cable guide boss.

Now the master cyl in my bike has a broken off bolt, likely the one that holds the master cyl on, so I need to extract it or buy a whole master cyl setup.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12th August 2019, 02:44 PM
Scooter boy

♂ United States
Enterprise, Al, USA
If you want cable actuated, look at a TL1000S clutch. Pretty sure it could be made to work. Same gasket for stator cover. There is even already a cable stay on my SV1000S. My TL1000S clutch would work I think. Spears makes a kit with new parts. https://www.spearsenterprises.com/pr...onversion-kit/
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12th August 2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
I have those parts

I have almost those same parts. They are the sv650 ones I would think. The cable has a bend in it, but IMHO, the bend is in the wrong place - the bend should be in the thread area IMHO.
The cam has the spacer attached, the spacer likely is longer than the SV1000's hydraulic one - anyway, I may just find the master cyl reservoir off a RC51 or something and just put it on and keep the hydraulic. Its just the faster solution not to mention cheaper.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 13th August 2019, 02:25 AM
Scooter boy

♂ United States
Enterprise, Al, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokester View Post
I have almost those same parts. They are the sv650 ones I would think. The cable has a bend in it, but IMHO, the bend is in the wrong place - the bend should be in the thread area IMHO.
The cam has the spacer attached, the spacer likely is longer than the SV1000's hydraulic one - anyway, I may just find the master cyl reservoir off a RC51 or something and just put it on and keep the hydraulic. Its just the faster solution not to mention cheaper.
They are different cable and lever. Thicker cable.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 14th August 2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by twag4 View Post
They are different cable and lever. Thicker cable.
I'll try again tomorrow, but what would help is the cable being angled at the threads and the extra spacing on the cam would likely do a decent job.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 16th August 2019, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
The clutch cam and cable guide put the actuating arm too close to the sprocket for my comfort.
I'd think a cable with a bend in the threads putting the actuation cam further out from the sprocket would be what would have me feeling more secure that the clutch arm wont get hit by the sprocket. I'd almost be more comfortable with the cover on and the arm outside the cover, but that may be too much to expect from the bending of the cable thread area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190816_104757.jpg (430.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20190816_104829.jpg (410.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20190816_104855.jpg (301.0 KB, 4 views)
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
Scooter boy

♂ United States
Enterprise, Al, USA
That doesnít look right. That actuator should be located further forward I think, with a spacer behind it. I could be wrong, as I am not looking at mine, and itís hard to tell in your photo. That cable should make a straight shot to the arm. A bend in the cable will not change where that cable mounting will direct the cable. The photos on the internet show a straight shot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in