1Likes
  • 1 Post By oldbaldsob

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 4th March 2020, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Fair weather rider

♂ United States
Sargent Seat for '04+

Hello Gents!

I'm in the market for a Sargent seat for my 2006 SV1K. Hoping to find one in good condition for a reasonable price. One with the taller foam option is a plus.

I'm a tall guy (6'4"), so I'm not interested in the Corbin and I have already tried the factory Gel seat, which was better than stock, but gets a bit too warm in the heat of summer here in Arizona.

Let me know what you have. Thanks!

-C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th March 2020, 09:59 AM
Fair weather rider

♂ Australia
Sydney Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta' C View Post
Hello Gents!

I'm in the market for a Sargent seat for my 2006 SV1K. Hoping to find one in good condition for a reasonable price. One with the taller foam option is a plus.

I'm a tall guy (6'4"), so I'm not interested in the Corbin and I have already tried the factory Gel seat, which was better than stock, but gets a bit too warm in the heat of summer here in Arizona.

Let me know what you have. Thanks!

-C
I went down a different route, I bought a seat for $25, a bread knife for $8, some vinyl for $15 dollars from the local upholsterer and he gave me 2 different pieces of sponge and told me to glue them together and trim to the shape I liked.

I now have a very comfortable seat itís straight like the Sargent but it sinks, not quite as far as the Corbin but itís a nice compromise and now I can ride all day with minimal soreness. I like the seat, itís a little achievement of sorts and I can always trim it down a bit more in the future if I feel the need.

Just saying... if you have the time and like the challenge it could be worth considering.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 6th March 2020, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Fair weather rider

♂ United States
I thought about modding the stock seat, but I can't afford to lose much height. My legs are cramped as it is, ha ha!

I'm a big DIY-er and would normally tackle something like that, but I simply have so many house/bike/car projects to finish right now on top of wrapping up a Master's degree and working that I think it's best if I just buy what I need in this case.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th March 2020, 01:24 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
There is a seat her ein OZ that Cruze posted about on Gumtree... they are saying it is 03 up, but, it is eiether 03 S model or all others....

Its a real comfort seat..... but it needs clarification on its real year and model...

One owner..... 300,000kms and counting... yes, that much..........

2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th March 2020, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Fair weather rider

♂ United States
I saw that seat, but 2 things:

1) Looks quite scooped out. I need *as much* height as I can get...34" inseam here. I have trouble finding pants long enough for these legs! The Sargent is close to stock height.

2) I don't think the Red/Brown cover would look very nice on my black/charcoal bike!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th March 2020, 03:05 PM
Bike curious

♂ United States
Springfield, MOFO
Garage
Might as well buy a new one from Sargent. They are just under $300. Not bad for something that will adapt to your own anatomy and will make a world of difference in comfort.
Masta' C likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Two of my favorite posts here on the SV Portal are by Chainsaw Willie!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th March 2020, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Fair weather rider

♂ United States
Sargent quoted me an extra $90 to add 1" height to their standard seat. If I order new, I think that's the route I would take. My seat is going to cost 10% of what I paid for the entire bike, LOL!

I've seen used ones go for $80-$150 shipped, but they don't come up all that often, unfortunately.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th March 2020, 09:21 PM
Bike curious

♂ United States
Springfield, MOFO
Garage
Yeah, used aftermarket seats that fit our bikes are rare indeed since our bikes have been out production for so long. Scouring SV Rider (the 650 site), eBay, and Cragslist would be the next steps in sourcing a used one. Good luck!

Two of my favorite posts here on the SV Portal are by Chainsaw Willie!
and

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in