DL1000 clutch conversion kit for SV1000 - Page 2 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10th July 2019, 01:53 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Alameda, CA
Garage
I believe the first 5 have to do with where on a bike the part fits, and don't mean that they're the same part, but I could be remembering wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 16th July 2019, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAst8ofMind View Post
Junkie, how ya been man?! I've got all of the part numbers for the DL-A upgrade and I think I've found everything I'll need. I'm going to be sending the clutch basket to Werks so I figured I'd upgrade the rest of the clutch while I've got the bike apart.

When it comes to the friction plates, is it 100% necessary to go with the plates from Suzuki? I found a set of Vesrah VC-3014 friction plates for $65 out the door. The OE ones on partzilla are $100. Problem is, I haven't been able to find any info on them.

You need to use the DL1000A plates.
You can now buy the Suzuki service kit that comes with gasket, all plates and springs for a good deal.

Vesrah makes good plates. I always try and use OEM though.

-ms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 17th July 2019, 02:33 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
I am using the 1st gen hub and WERKS basket and using a fairly fresh set of SV plates.... Seems good

One owner..... 300,000kms and counting... yes, that much..........

2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 19th July 2019, 02:06 PM
Scooter boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt314 View Post
Quote:
Junkie, how ya been man?! I've got all of the part numbers for the DL-A upgrade and I think I've found everything I'll need. I'm going to be sending the clutch basket to Werks so I figured I'd upgrade the rest of the clutch while I've got the bike apart.

When it comes to the friction plates, is it 100% necessary to go with the plates from Suzuki? I found a set of Vesrah VC-3014 friction plates for $65 out the door. The OE ones on partzilla are $100. Problem is, I haven't been able to find any info on them.

You need to use the DL1000A plates.
You can now buy the Suzuki service kit that comes with gasket, all plates and springs for a good deal.

Vesrah makes good plates. I always try and use OEM though.

-ms
I really appreciate the help MS. Where did you find the kits? I ordered everything from partzilla and all of the parts are on backorder. I was told that Suzuki won't have the clutch springs 21413-31j00 available for at least 6 months. I had a friend, who owns a motorcycle shop, order springs from EBC but they were twice the price as OEM.

For the record, I prefer oem over aftermarket. I've already learned (the hard way) that aftermarket isn't always the better option.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 20th July 2019, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
I really appreciate the help MS. Where did you find the kits? I ordered everything from partzilla and all of the parts are on backorder. I was told that Suzuki won't have the clutch springs 21413-31j00 available for at least 6 months. I had a friend, who owns a motorcycle shop, order springs from EBC but they were twice the price as OEM.

For the record, I prefer oem over aftermarket. I've already learned (the hard way) that aftermarket isn't always the better option.

I would not use the EBCs. They are a fair bit stiffer and don’t allow the clutch to slip.

I think I have all the plates and springs new in stock if interested.

I have gaskets too.

-ms

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2019, 02:47 AM
Scooter boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt314 View Post
Quote:

I would not use the EBCs. They are a fair bit stiffer and don’t allow the clutch to slip.

I think I have all the plates and springs new in stock if interested.

I have gaskets too.

-ms

I just got some Barnett springs last week with the vesrah friction plates. Can I use the metal plates from the old clutch pack, or do I need new ones??
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2019, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
I just got some Barnett springs last week with the vesrah friction plates. Can I use the metal plates from the old clutch pack, or do I need new ones??

Did you get SV frictions or DL frictions?

You can use the 2.0mm steel plates from the SV in several of the positions but not others.

How do the Barnett springs compare to the stock ones when installed? If they have more pack force, it will not slip much at all.

-ms

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 24th July 2019, 01:30 AM
Scooter boy

The friction plates are for a 2014+ DL1000a since I'm doing the conversion. The only problem is that none of the parts have come in and half of the order seems to be backlogged on Suzuki's side. I'm left with only half of the parts to do the build which really screws up the project.

Regarding the springs, I don't have a way to test the force they generate nor can I see what fitment is since none of the parts have arrived yet. If you have any extra kits laying around I may just completely cancel my order with partzilla and buy from you. What do you think?
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 24th July 2019, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
The friction plates are for a 2014+ DL1000a since I'm doing the conversion. The only problem is that none of the parts have come in and half of the order seems to be backlogged on Suzuki's side. I'm left with only half of the parts to do the build which really screws up the project.

Regarding the springs, I don't have a way to test the force they generate nor can I see what fitment is since none of the parts have arrived yet. If you have any extra kits laying around I may just completely cancel my order with partzilla and buy from you. What do you think?

Send me an email at schmidt314 @ g m a i l dot com please.

-ms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in