DL1000 clutch conversion kit for SV1000 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2013, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
DL1000 clutch conversion kit for SV1000

I have a complete conversion kit to get rid of the BTL unit in an SV1000. This will help get rid of the annoying BTL rattle, the annoying lock up problems when trying to launch hard and allow for a smoother clutch engagement, and drop significant weight and rotational mass in the motor. You will get slightly stiffer pull at the lever, but is still not an issue in my opinion. I have converted multiple bikes including 2 of my own and love it. All of these parts are brand new OEM Suzuki parts.

Here is what you will get
09160-25056 X1 Washer that goes behind the center clutch hub
21410-06G00 X1 Center clutch hub
09181-25223 X1 spring washer seat
21462-06G00 X1 Pressure plate
21412-06G00 X5 Spring bolts
21413-06G10 X5 Clutch springs
21414-29F00 X5 Clutch spring washers

Just clean up the center nut and reuse. I would also recommend replacing the clutch cover gasket, but it can be done without replacing.
Local dealer retail $257
BikeBandit cost for all the parts is $217 w/o shipping

$200 shipped to any where in the lower 48. Outside this area and interested let me know.

Thanks
-MS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DL_Clutch_Conversion.jpg (771.4 KB, 170 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2013, 08:41 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
My bike is at the shop right now, with terrible clutch problems. I'll find out in a few days if this is a good option for me.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 6th November 2013, 05:34 AM
Highway Biker

♂ New Zealand
Dunedin, New Zealand
Do you have a write up on how to do it?

Im sure its obvious but ya know..

I assume looking at the parts list you use the same friction discs and steel discs?

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 6th November 2013, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
Do you have a write up on how to do it?

Im sure its obvious but ya know..

I assume looking at the parts list you use the same friction discs and steel discs?
I can supply a write up in the box or phone support if needed.
-ms

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 6th November 2013, 07:45 AM
Forum whore

♂ Ireland
dublin
Here is an excellent thread on the same subject with lots of interesting info
http://www.sv-portal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42350

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 6th November 2013, 08:15 AM
Highway Biker

♂ New Zealand
Dunedin, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephv View Post
Here is an excellent thread on the same subject with lots of interesting info
http://www.sv-portal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42350
Cheers Stephy, I will have a good read of it tomorrow looks pretty helpful

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 19th November 2013, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

-MS

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 21st March 2014, 06:09 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ England
W.London
UK Parts

In case its useful to anyone UK, I have just priced all the parts up on Robinsons £206.90

or £173 (212EUR) including shipping from KFM MotorRaeder Germany.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th January 2019, 03:46 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt314 View Post
I have a complete conversion kit to get rid of the BTL unit in an SV1000. This will help get rid of the annoying BTL rattle, the annoying lock up problems when trying to launch hard and allow for a smoother clutch engagement, and drop significant weight and rotational mass in the motor. You will get slightly stiffer pull at the lever, but is still not an issue in my opinion. I have converted multiple bikes including 2 of my own and love it. All of these parts are brand new OEM Suzuki parts.

Here is what you will get
09160-25056 X1 Washer that goes behind the center clutch hub
21410-06G00 X1 Center clutch hub
09181-25223 X1 spring washer seat
21462-06G00 X1 Pressure plate
21412-06G00 X5 Spring bolts
21413-06G10 X5 Clutch springs
21414-29F00 X5 Clutch spring washers

Just clean up the center nut and reuse. I would also recommend replacing the clutch cover gasket, but it can be done without replacing.
Local dealer retail $257
BikeBandit cost for all the parts is $217 w/o shipping

$200 shipped to any where in the lower 48. Outside this area and interested let me know.

Thanks
-MS
A long way down the track from your original post, but, i have a question....

The wave washer seat behind the clutch plates p/n 21471-06G00 (DL) is a different part number to the SV one 21471-24F00... is this a thickness issue ? Definitely needs to be changed ?

Going with the change after getting a WERKS basket, so want to be prepared.....

Thanks
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th January 2019, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
DL1000 clutch conversion kit for SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing Link View Post
A long way down the track from your original post, but, i have a question....

The wave washer seat behind the clutch plates p/n 21471-06G00 (DL) is a different part number to the SV one 21471-24F00... is this a thickness issue ? Definitely needs to be changed ?

Going with the change after getting a WERKS basket, so want to be prepared.....

Thanks

They are slightly different thicknesses and I canít remember exact measurements.

Not required to swap.

I might have a bunch of the parts used in my stock still.

-ms

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th January 2019, 03:53 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
You do realise that you answered too quickly.... i mean, man....you scared me... LOL

Yeah, i was thinking thickness, and it probably isn't too imperative to replace it, unless it is thicker of course.....really only there as a wearing face for the wave washer, but i suppose it has some bearing on how much tension the wave washer imparts on the pack to disengage it....

For the price of it ( i can get it for a discount at $8.65 AUD) i might as well just do it....

I might no' be a smart man Jenny....but i can pain' ma copper colored bike a dif'ren color.....
2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...
One owner..... 285,000kms and counting...
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th January 2019, 04:20 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Alameda, CA
Garage
Missing Link, if you weren't aware the DL1000A clutch is now more popular: I believe it's a little lighter and it's a slipper with lighter springs.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 25th January 2019, 06:54 AM
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
South Africa
Google Werks clutch replace baskets for DL1000 and SV1000. For the DIY person, there is a video that demintrates the clutch basket replacement process (search for youtube + v=Ie-Cp3w8khY). Sorry, due to a low post count I'm unable to post the full web address.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 28th January 2019, 10:29 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Missing Link, if you weren't aware the DL1000A clutch is now more popular: I believe it's a little lighter and it's a slipper with lighter springs.
Yeah, so i have seen, but, its also a damn sight more money than i have available......

This is an update.....

I have just installed the WERKS basket and the DL (1st gen) hub..... Lever pressure is probably only 10% greater.....
I probably didn't need to change the large washer in the clutch pack that is behind the wave washer, as upon
comparing it to the SV one, there was about 0.3mm difference in thickness, but it was cheap....
The shim washer between the retainer nut washer and the hub was also a case of "why" but again it was cheap...

Already less vibes at idle

Ride test tomorrow.... about 450 kms.....

Will report after that....

I might no' be a smart man Jenny....but i can pain' ma copper colored bike a dif'ren color.....
2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...
One owner..... 285,000kms and counting...
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10th July 2019, 04:00 AM
L-Plate Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post

Junkie, how ya been man?! I've got all of the part numbers for the DL-A upgrade and I think I've found everything I'll need. I'm going to be sending the clutch basket to Werks so I figured I'd upgrade the rest of the clutch while I've got the bike apart.

When it comes to the friction plates, is it 100% necessary to go with the plates from Suzuki? I found a set of Vesrah VC-3014 friction plates for $65 out the door. The OE ones on partzilla are $100. Problem is, I haven't been able to find any info on them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in