Swap my Corbin seat for Stock SV1000 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th July 2010, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Scooter boy

♂ United States
Rochester, IN
Thumbs up Swap my Corbin seat for Stock SV1000

I bought a 2003 SV1000 that the owner had put on a new Corbin seat. The bike itself at this point only has 3200mi, so it's in great shape. It's great for long rides, but I'm not that tall and it's just a bit wider and firmer in the middle/front which makes it harder for me to flat foot it when I'm maneuvering around slow. I don't do a lot of long distance riding and would trade for stock seats in good condition - since the seat is a pretty pricey item, I'd ask that the guy getting them cover the entire shipping costs - still a steal for someone that wants a like-new Corbin seat set!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th July 2010, 09:17 PM
She shoots, what a !!!!!

♂ United States
Everett, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein38 View Post
I bought a 2003 SV1000 that the owner had put on a new Corbin seat. The bike itself at this point only has 3200mi, so it's in great shape. It's great for long rides, but I'm not that tall and it's just a bit wider and firmer in the middle/front which makes it harder for me to flat foot it when I'm maneuvering around slow. I don't do a lot of long distance riding and would trade for stock seats in good condition - since the seat is a pretty pricey item, I'd ask that the guy getting them cover the entire shipping costs - still a steal for someone that wants a like-new Corbin seat set!
You do understand that the stock seat will raise you up about an inch? So if you are having issues flat footing it now it may make it worse. What is your inseam? You might want to see if there are any SVers in your area & try out the stock seat before you do this.....

"What we have in life that we can count our own is who we are & where we come from......" From A Knight of the Word by Terry Brooks

2003 Suzuki SV1KS
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2013 Victory Judge
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th July 2010, 09:21 PM
Mmmm Kate

♂ United States
Los Angeles, California
Yeah, I'd see if I could pick up a used seat off of fleabay and maybe have it cut down. Then just sell the Corbin.

Or you could find someone with a standard seat you could try out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I don't have an English accent because this is what English sounds like when spoken properly" - James Carr

Scooters are for men who want to ride motorcycles, but prefer to feel the wind on their vaginas.

I'd rather tea bag a hungry lion than buy a Harley Davidson.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th July 2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Scooter boy

♂ United States
Rochester, IN
Good Idea - It's not so much the height, but the stiffness that makes it hart to 'pinch' the seat with my legs - you know?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th July 2010, 09:28 PM
International dogsbody

♂ England
Belper, Derbyshire
Quote:
Hi,
Suggest you follow hkyglie and Malkey's advice. If you are still up for a swap after that and don't find anyone more local to you then I'll pay shipping to US for my stock seat and from US to UK for your Corbin. I will send photos of mine for your approval before shipping - it's mint.
Cheers
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th July 2010, 09:55 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
Ohio
I have a stocker that is cut down, it just needs the cover put back on. Otherwise I have a Suzuki gel seat if that is any lower.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th July 2010, 09:57 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Canada
Kincardine Ontario, Canada
Quote:
I would do a swap with you for my 03' stock seat. Only 12000 km on the bike so seat is still mint. No PM so send email [email protected]
Cheers
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 8th July 2010, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Scooter boy

♂ United States
Rochester, IN
Thanks guys - will let you know soon.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10th July 2010, 11:18 PM
Forum whore

♂ United States
Virginia
I'd suggest keeping the Corbin and changing the shock linkage to lower the bike. You'll hate the stock seat. It's the worst stock seat I've experienced.

"Hypocrisy isn't the Republicans' weakness. It's their platform" - Seth Myers
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 17th July 2010, 06:36 AM
RC.
Fair weather rider

♂ United States
Chicago, IL
Garage
I've got an '05 stocker up here, but I don't know if that will switch out with the '03 or not due to some of the idiosyncrasies of the '03 design. Might be interested if it does, though.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 17th July 2010, 04:45 PM
She shoots, what a !!!!!

♂ United States
Everett, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC. View Post
I've got an '05 stocker up here, but I don't know if that will switch out with the '03 or not due to some of the idiosyncrasies of the '03 design. Might be interested if it does, though.
No the '03 S seat will not work on any other year SV nor on the '03 N & vice versa, due to the difference in the rear subframe.....

"What we have in life that we can count our own is who we are & where we come from......" From A Knight of the Word by Terry Brooks

2003 Suzuki SV1KS
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2013 Victory Judge
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th July 2010, 09:08 PM
RC.
Fair weather rider

♂ United States
Chicago, IL
Garage
Good to know. Thanks.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th July 2010, 09:15 PM
is currently sulking in the Sin Bin

♂ New Zealand
New Zealand
Icon16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkyglie View Post
What is your inseam?
LOL, this sounds like something Mr Humphries from 'Are you being served' would say
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10th August 2010, 06:18 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I did the seat swap with the OP, everything worked out great! I put about 50 miles on the Corbin seat on Sunday and can say it's much more comfortable for me compared to the stock seat (I'm 6'3, 185 lbs).

Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in