Are you a new member? Come and say "Hi!" here - Page 283 - SV1000 Portal
 56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.79 average. Display Modes
post #4231 of 4243 (permalink) Old 2nd January 2020, 11:50 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
philadelphia
Garage
it is the chatter from the clutch just like the rest of them. iíll probably do the dl swap. i want the quick throw throttle so i can hit full twist without adjusting my hand. i ride the track a couple times a month and love me some highway white knucking. but thats what the gsxr1000 is for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4232 of 4243 (permalink) Old 14th March 2020, 09:05 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Denmark
N. Europe
Ohoi!

New SV owner from Denmark here.

Managed to get my filthy mitts on a very clean 2008 1000n with only 28k km's on the clock a few weeks ago - I was originally looking for a 650, but the price on this one was hard to beat.

Really looking forward to reading along and seeing what people have done to their bikes.
post #4233 of 4243 (permalink) Old 12th May 2020, 09:03 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Ireland
Dublin
Hi!

I'd always admired SV1k's but never ridden one, then last Sept my previous bike was dying and I needed a change, spotted a nice SV1000S, blue, on a '06 plate, in a dealer near my job, took a test ride on my lunch break with no gear and a borrowed lid! and got a reasonably good cash deal with a pair of new Pirelli Diablos thrown in.

All good so far, until I took my first "lockdown" spin a few weeks ago (I was going food shopping, I could walk there, but what was the fun in that??) and went over a speed bump a bit too vigorously and the right side fork seal let go in a big way.

Plenty of good info on here, just need to get my ass into gear ordering parts and get it done... did it 15 years ago on a Ninja900 (ZX900A/GPz900R/Top Gun bike!) but I've forgotten how I did it by now

Think it's a K4 as the VIN is below the range for the K5 supplementary manual. Very few changes between K3 and K4 I think? Edit: I found the model differences thread. Has the K4-on sidestand, but silver frame, so it must be a K4.

Mods so far : Givi rack and top box. Oxford front LED indicators (in parallel with the crap flush mounted aftermarket LEDs it came with). OEM pillion seat - came with an Ermax seat cowl but that would need to be cut to go around the rack - seat was cheap on eBay. Oxford heated grips. SW-Motech mini-DIN power socket.

Mods to come : Oxford rear LED indicators in parallel with the crap flush mounted LEDs it came with. Oxford LED number plate bolts. Loobman chain oiler - this was very cheap and if it turns out to be crap I'll just get something better. I bought all of these months ago, just not fitted yet!

I live in Dublin, Ireland

Eoin (that's the Irish spelling of Owen!)

When things go wrong and will not come right,
Though you do the best you can,
When life looks black as the hour of night -
A pint of plain is your only man.

post #4234 of 4243 (permalink) Old 19th June 2020, 02:00 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
TX
Hi everyone, newbie here! I'm Ronald from TX, riding a 2006 SV100S. I have created an introduction topic already but couldn't be sure if I need to write here too. So here's what I'm riding!
418520190823_r.jpg
post #4235 of 4243 (permalink) Old 19th June 2020, 02:52 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Norway
Oslo
Garage
Hi!
I'm Ola from Oslo, Norway.

My "everyday bike" is stuck in Italy where I usually keep it in winter so, getting desperate, I decided I had to get another bike. I found a well kept 2003 SV1000 S with only 29' kms on the clock.
post #4236 of 4243 (permalink) Old 27th June 2020, 04:19 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Afghanistan
Just to say Hi

I just joined a few minutes ago and wish to say Hi to yall. I have a 1000s and absolutely love it. Not had any problems with it in the 2 years I have had it. Hoping to have a mutually beneficial experience with all my fellow bikers.
post #4237 of 4243 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2020, 01:07 AM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Australia
Coffs Harbour
Garage
Hello

Hi there,
Back on the road again after 12mths.
Joined back when I bought my first road bike (after growing up on trail/farm bikes), which was a 2003 SV1000.
Was blown way by the arm stretching acceleration.
Mostly used it for day trips around the local countryside.

After 12 months something possessed me to sell it and regretted it almost immediately.

Spent the last month or two looking at options, test rode a 2009 Multistrada 1000 - which was very nice.
Then a 2009 Tiger 1050 which was a bit tame.

Weighed up my options and kept going back to the SV1000, so last week finally found a 2006 SV1000s at the right price and Kms. Very tidy and well looked after.
I have the original Suzuki cans too.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003SV1000.jpg (572.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2006SV1000s.jpg (624.8 KB, 6 views)
slatanik likes this.
post #4238 of 4243 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2020, 03:55 AM
L-Plate Rider

self

This is the absolute bestly informatively positively internetly sitely on the webly in my opinionly. And it supports my hobby. What could be better?
post #4239 of 4243 (permalink) Old 20th September 2020, 11:39 AM
L-Plate Rider

Motor Roars

I'm pretty new, Bought this 2003 SV1000S, and have nonstop riding and or working on it, Painted it, have been doing all the maintenance fluids, clutch basket, etc, and most recently have run into a stripped drain pan, and that has been quite the amount of fun haha
post #4240 of 4243 (permalink) Old 27th September 2020, 10:07 PM
Forum whore

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Cass View Post
I'm pretty new, Bought this 2003 SV1000S, and have nonstop riding and or working on it, Painted it, have been doing all the maintenance fluids, clutch basket, etc, and most recently have run into a stripped drain pan, and that has been quite the amount of fun haha
Welcome mate... glad you are having fun with the old girl.....

I stripped my pan thread years ago.....no idea how, as i had always been careful with it...
I bought a spark plug thread repair kit, which has a tap in it to open the nole, and thread it to suit, slowly slowly job....
Then i shortned the insert enough to allow the oil to drain completely, thread locked it in, and away i went....

One owner..... 313,000kms and counting...

2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...
post #4241 of 4243 (permalink) Old 4th October 2020, 11:00 PM
L-Plate Rider

New guy here! I have a post in the new members forum. I picked up a new-to-me '03 1000S model Friday. Mechanically it seems fine, cosmetically it can use some work. No front fairing, cheap headlight/flyscreen that I don't think will send any lighting at all. Looks like a rightside tip-over at some point.

Currently I'm simply roaming posts learning!
Missing Link likes this.
post #4242 of 4243 (permalink) Old 9th October 2020, 03:00 PM
Knowledge is Horsepower

♂ United States
Moneyapolis, MN
Garage
I'm an old member that is back to look around miss this place.

post #4243 of 4243 (permalink) Old 10th October 2020, 11:53 AM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Spain
Spain
Hello, I own an sv650 K4 and a vstrom 1000 L6, I present myself here being a fan of the tricks of Schmidt314. rimero: A greeting from Spain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in