SV Portal Forums banner

Are you a new member? Come and say "Hi!" here

3M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  r9wl 
#1 · (Edited)
Are you a new member?

Welcome to the site!

:D

Click here, and say "Hi". Tell us what you love about your bike (whatever it is), this site or whatever.

When you've done here check out the Site Help links.

Cheers
Bish

#4,204 ·
This is the absolute bestly informatively positively internetly sitely on the webly in my opinionly. And it supports my hobby. What could be better?
This is the absolute bestly informatively positively internetly sitely on the webly in my opinionly. And it supports my hobby. What could be better?

Another post where martinbrown2937 simply copied and pasted a post from the first page of the thread. Definitely a spammer. Post reported.

#3 ·
Hi.

I joined the site just before the end of last year, so I am pretty much a new member. I really appreciate the good attitude and friendly atmosphere of this site. There is a lot of useful information here and some very knowledgeable members.

#4 ·
All righty then,
HI,
I've been mostly just lurking, haven't had much intellegent to say on topic as I do not acually have my bike yet. I purchased an SV1000S at an insurance auction a few weeks ago and am still waiting for it to be shipped 3/4th of the way across the USA here. I believe it has been duct taped to the back of a '64 VW microbus and is being driven by a 19 year old who has to stop every 2 hours to pee or for more beer. Every 3rd day he must stop to have cylander # 3 replaced. Oh well, the price was good. I guess I could have paid with money or paid with time. And this is probably the best time of year to be waiting for a bike. I was at the local Suzuki dealership last week getting parts for my old bike. They were just opening and were moving some of their inventory out for display. Then they moved out a silver SV1000S that was there for repair. The whole side was ground down from the fairing to the tail lights. Poor guy had lost the front end in the sand left on the streets from the snow a few weeks back. This is the best time of year to be without a good bike in Washington.

chainsaw willie!
:unsure:

Reactions: Huggie
#2,217 ·
See where you are, and go where you see ,best to always look at the road ahead of where you are headed,sand ,crushed beer cans ,running dogs ,slow walking people.Man I could go on forever with the the things to watch out for,mine was in Calif.on highway 101 at about 85mph when I came around a curve that all of the sudden turned into a road of yellow corn some DA truck driver had let belly pan open up for about 100 yards.There were a million birds trying to eat at the road side dinner and I think I got about 50 of them before I found the black top agin,but between the bird shit ,feathers,and the skid marks in my shorts I made it throught with only a small scrach on my face where a bird got me.I was young and Dumb and no way was I going to look like some DA with a helmet on my good looking head,I wonder how many people today would be alive if only they had had a helmet on?

#5 ·
I've been on here a relatively short amount of time but I am quite a post whore. I've been unemployed for 4.5 months, but I just got a job yesterday so maybe I'll tone it down a bit now. ;)

This site is absolutely the best SV resource I have found to date. I agree that some of the threads tend to digress somewhat and that does make searching for info tougher, but still - top notch site. The SoCalSVriders site is good also for some of us USA people trying to find online vendors, but this site has the better info and feels more like a family to me - IMHO.

About me, for those who don't know, I have a silver sv1000s. I crashed on in August, but I had to replace it with another. I love this bike! I am a 33 year old Floridian (12 month riding season here - it was in the 80's today!) I still have some squidly tendencies, but I try to keep it on two wheels mostly. Still can't help a wheelie every once in a while.

#6 ·
I guess if dadmun posts that he is a new member, then I am too. I am currently a student at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Unfortunatly I have to grow up by May 7th, because I am graduating and have to find a real job. :weep:

I have been riding bikes almost all my life, but have only been on the street for about 6 years. Also, I like to pretend that I am a DIYer, so the more great ideas you guys post with good pictures and instructions the more I will attempt. I love working on cars, bikes, and anything that is mechanical. The only problem is I always bit off more than I can chew, and find myself isolated in my garage for hours on end trying to figure out what the hell went wrong. :D

I also want to thank BJAM, Skidz, Flipper, and anyone else who is responsible for creating this site, and more importantly this community. :niceone:

#8 ·
Just Joined

Hi 2 all,

I am waiting for my SV1000s to be delivered today, part x'ing a Monster S4 in for it, the Duke has broken down 4 times in 2000 miles!

Various add ons are waiting in the garage for the bike to arrive, including Quill T3 cans, a TRE, a rear number plate hanger, and a carbon hugger is on the way from NWS.

The SV will be my 72nd bike in 22 years, yep I know - very sad, hopefully I will keep hold of the SV for a decent time!

See ya

Rothers

G
#2,971 ·
Ah yes. "grtpmkn" is the license plate I have on my orange '96 Stang that we dubbed the Great Pumpkin. It has kinda stuck ever since for ANY message forum I have been to. Here is what he looks like Kroakjr, so that you will recognize him next Halloween when you are waiting in the pumpkin patch.

#13 ·
Ah yes. "grtpmkn" is the license plate I have on my orange '96 Stang that we dubbed the Great Pumpkin. It has kinda stuck ever since for ANY message forum I have been to. Here is what he looks like Kroakjr, so that you will recognize him next Halloween when you are waiting in the pumpkin patch.

BTW Bish, that is a REALLY cool link you attached...thanks! :niceone:

Attachments

#14 ·
Hi all. A Dutch SV rider here. Got on this forum trough a link on another bike forum. Although i haven't got a SV1000 :whistle:, i still think this is a great place for SV riders to gather and share info on mods and technical stuff. Already used this site a lot to find SV related information and so far i still found what is was looking for. Keep it up! :niceone:

#17 ·

howdy yall, well i've been just an observer for a couple of months taking in all i can from old forums and the tricks and tips section. but i finally joined so i can start asking some questions. i've only had my sv1000s for 3 months and it's my first bike. :baby: gotta say i love it and even though i have nothing previous to compare it to i feel certain i'll be hanging on to it for a while. be talking to yall soon.

adios

#18 ·
fuzzy said:
howdy yall, well i've been just an observer for a couple of months taking in all i can from old forums and the tricks and tips section. but i finally joined so i can start asking some questions. i've only had my sv1000s for 3 months and it's my first bike. :baby: gotta say i love it and even though i have nothing previous to compare it to i feel certain i'll be hanging on to it for a while. be talking to yall soon.

adios

Welcome :niceone:

#20 ·
Newish member

Hi to all
Found this forum just a few weeks ago and am well impressed with the content and amount of info available. I was going to reply to the thread about the site becoming too sucessful for its own good but couldn't find it when I looked - where do these poll threads go?

Anyway I much appreciate the hard work put in to make this a top site for technical and social info - it does seem to be the dedicated few making most of the effort - :niceone:

If any thing there's too much info to look thro especially when trying to locate something specific and as I'm a PC illiterate it can be frustrating, but so far I've found all the topics searched for.

Off to Ally Pally tomorrow (Sun 8th ) for gratuitous spending spree, so if anyone else going we could meet up on Suzuki stand G88 at about 1p.m.
next to SV1000 display -assuming there is one

Bye for now :msn-wink:

#23 ·
#24 ·
Whatup

I'm new to the SV and sport bikes in general. Been riding and customizing a Harley for 6 years or so, but I bought a busa for drag racing (track only) a few months back. After chasing a buddy's ZX9R thru some twisties a couple times on that bad mo fo during the breakin period, I decided I liked the sport bike thing. Couldn't afford to insure another busa, so I bought a copper SV1000S. Just ordered some D&D bolt-ons and plan on getting a PC, anyone got a map for me?

:)