High mileage on your SV..how many ? - Page 4 - SV1000 Portal
View Poll Results: Mileage in MILES PLEASE, not them silly kilometers.
0 - 10,000 4 4.60%
10 - 20,000 21 24.14%
20-30,000 25 28.74%
30 - 40,000 14 16.09%
40 - 50,000 11 12.64%
50 - 60,000 4 4.60%
60 - 70,000 3 3.45%
70- 80,000 1 1.15%
80 - 90,000 2 2.30%
90 - 100,000 + 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 25th November 2018, 10:40 PM
L-Plate Rider

Wow that's a lot of km's!

Guessing you've done all the fixes (magneto, green connector etc.)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 26th November 2018, 05:28 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannz View Post
Wow that's a lot of km's!

Guessing you've done all the fixes (magneto, green connector etc.)?
The connector was a long time ago.... so yeah....
Had to get the stator rewound once as it got a short to ground. The magnets have never been an issue....
It was eating TPS units, but, when i discovered that the side-stand switch was jittery and i bypassed it, i haven't had a problems since.... anyway, bettter not hijack the thread too much...

I might no' be a smart man Jenny....but i can pain' ma copper colored bike a dif'ren color.....
2003 Copper SV1000S
Repainted Ford PE (Petroleum Mica)
Yoshi 2:1 collectors and Arrow titanium can...
One owner..... 281,000kms and counting...
post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 28th November 2018, 06:52 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United States
Kingsport, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbaldsob View Post
Ahhhh.......I see now.
Attachment 114961

Still interested in the story behind you acquiring it and now wanting to sell.
No problem, sorry I didn't get the notification of response, and I'm really looking for $4,500 (just lowered it, but it will most likely end without selling). I picked the bike up in July of 2017 with the intention of cleaning her up and riding her. There is a much longer story about how I did not end up with the title till a month ago, but for history of the bike my understanding was the original owner picked up the bike new in California. Rode it home and then shortly after passed away. His wife sold the bike back to a dealer who then auctioned it off. The gentleman I picked it up from was the person that got it at the auction and had it for a few years before me in Pennsylvania. I'm still in touch with him. He bought it as an investment but decided to clear up the garage space. I cleaned it up and drained all fluids and replaced. Everything I have mentioned I did as far as the new stuff and maintenance. The tank dings were there when the last owner got the bike, but all other scuffs were from poor storage.

The reason for selling though, I bought the bike with the full intention of riding it. I was laid off at the same time I bought the bike. I've started a new career, but I'm at a point where I'm selling the toys and will replace later.
oldbaldsob likes this.

post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 28th November 2018, 11:58 PM
Bike curious

♂ United States
Springfield, MOFO
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMiller View Post
No problem, sorry I didn't get the notification of response, and I'm really looking for $4,500 (just lowered it, but it will most likely end without selling). I picked the bike up in July of 2017 with the intention of cleaning her up and riding her. There is a much longer story about how I did not end up with the title till a month ago, but for history of the bike my understanding was the original owner picked up the bike new in California. Rode it home and then shortly after passed away. His wife sold the bike back to a dealer who then auctioned it off. The gentleman I picked it up from was the person that got it at the auction and had it for a few years before me in Pennsylvania. I'm still in touch with him. He bought it as an investment but decided to clear up the garage space. I cleaned it up and drained all fluids and replaced. Everything I have mentioned I did as far as the new stuff and maintenance. The tank dings were there when the last owner got the bike, but all other scuffs were from poor storage.

The reason for selling though, I bought the bike with the full intention of riding it. I was laid off at the same time I bought the bike. I've started a new career, but I'm at a point where I'm selling the toys and will replace later.

Man, if you had posted this a few months ago I would likely have bought it from you. I found an '06 with a little over 800 miles on it back in July and bought it for $4K. It needed just a little work though but it was in absolute mint condition other than that. Here's my thread about it. Good luck with the sale!
BMiller likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 09:16 AM
L-Plate Rider

♂ Australia
cairns
Garage
I HAVE 87,000 KLMS AND SHE HAS A FEW ISSUES BUT IT STILL RUNS GREAT
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 16th March 2019, 04:57 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
I will hit 140,000 miles (233,333km) next week.

-ms
oldbaldsob and renegade384 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 17th March 2019, 11:16 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
Haven't looked for a week or so....but should be at 282000 kms....(175,000mls)....

Will edit later... LOL

Come on Mr Schmidt..... i can see you over my shoulder, you can catch me if you put your head down....
renegade384 likes this.

I might no' be a smart man Jenny....but i can pain' ma copper colored bike a dif'ren color.....
2003 Copper SV1000S
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 17th March 2019, 11:38 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Downunder
Are you two trying to compare your manhood?
renegade384 likes this.
post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 18th March 2019, 03:12 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing Link View Post
Haven't looked for a week or so....but should be at 282000 kms....(175,000mls)....

Will edit later... LOL

Come on Mr Schmidt..... i can see you over my shoulder, you can catch me if you put your head down....

But I have 3 other bikes I typically ride in spring and summer. My B-King has 40k on it I think. So the SV will slow the miles soon as weather improves.

I love my commuter SV though and it is my pack mule for parts, tires, engine stuff to my machinist.

post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 18th March 2019, 05:19 PM
Scooter boy

♂ England
Well if we're comparing wieners my shallow 80K is not worth unzipping for.

Renegade384 (Previously Infidel)

My Personal Suzuki Garage...

2017 DL1000A
2005 GSXR1000
2004 SV1000S
1974 T-350
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 18th March 2019, 09:58 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
bristol
Not my sv...but my v strom...sv engine basically.....its now on 172845.........i thk my sv id on 24000 odds now...
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 18th March 2019, 10:37 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evssv View Post
Not my sv...but my v strom...sv engine basically.....its now on 172845.........i thk my sv id on 24000 odds now...

I am not so sure I would say they are the same.

There are many significant differences in my mind, different rods, pistons, big end bearings, several different tranny parts, heads, cams...

-ms

post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 19th March 2019, 06:22 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ Australia
Queensland, Orstraylya
Garage
Yes evssv....you weiner is a different weiner than our weiners.....
renegade384 likes this.

2003 Copper SV1000S
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2019, 07:40 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
bristol
well still same Suzuki build quality.....
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:27 AM
L-Plate Rider

Garage
Thumbs up

It's very encouraging to see so many high mileage SV's out there. I bought my k5 last July w/ 13,6xx on it, and only put less than 1k mi on it till weather went bad...work and bad fork seals kept the mileage down for me. completed the fork seals myself with help from this forum, thanks for that! looking forward to keeping this bike for a long time, and by all estimates, if I dont crash it and keep up on maintenance, it should be easy!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in