SV1000S overfueling on front cyl. - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2020, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
Meyerton
Unhappy SV1000S overfueling on front cyl.

Hi all I am new here first time posting I am battling with my bike, I was driving it last week and suddenly the bike didn't have any power and my F1 light came on so I battled home and start to look if I get something, so here is what I can find out so far.

1st the front cyl. is over-fueling by a lot the valve from inside the throttle is covered with fuel

2nd I get a C13 IAP sensor fault (tested it with the instructions and it test OK)

3rd I get C41 FP relay ( replaced it and still the code come up)

4th I swapped the 2 injectors to see if the problem goes the other cyl. but no still at front cyl.

5th I send the injectors to a company to be tested and came back OK

so now what do I miss and where can I look next
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2020, 11:49 PM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisHulk View Post
Hi all I am new here first time posting I am battling with my bike, I was driving it last week and suddenly the bike didn't have any power and my F1 light came on so I battled home and start to look if I get something, so here is what I can find out so far.

1st the front cyl. is over-fueling by a lot the valve from inside the throttle is covered with fuel

2nd I get a C13 IAP sensor fault (tested it with the instructions and it test OK)

3rd I get C41 FP relay ( replaced it and still the code come up)

4th I swapped the 2 injectors to see if the problem goes the other cyl. but no still at front cyl.

5th I send the injectors to a company to be tested and came back OK

so now what do I miss and where can I look next

And you are sure it is over fueling vs list compression or bent a valve or something?

-ms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 24th March 2020, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
Meyerton
Hi yes it is over fueling by alot if you look into the front throttle you can see the injector spraying at the back cyl. but if you look in the front throttle when starting to crank it overfeul so much that you can see the fuel laying inside

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 24th March 2020, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
Meyerton
if i am not mistaken if a valve was bent the fuel wont lay on the valves it will run through to the piston
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 24th March 2020, 07:43 PM
Bike curious

♂ United States
Springfield, MOFO
Garage
Are you getting spark to the front cylinder?

Two of my favorite posts here on the SV Portal are by Chainsaw Willie!
and
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th March 2020, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
Meyerton
overfueling

Hi yes the bike starts up and only thing is i get the 2 fault codes and if i look into the throttle you can see it is overfueling because of the fuel laying inside the head only in front cylinder the back cylinder is perfect
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th March 2020, 06:04 PM
Bike curious

♂ United States
Springfield, MOFO
Garage
I guess I'm confused (extremely easy to do ) as to how there can be fuel in the front cylinder after combustion has taken place? But even if there were misfires, I would suspect intermittent sparks would then combust any extra fuel wouldn't it? (at least until the spark plug is fouled)

But I'm certainly no expert here. schmidt314 is the man to answer that question.

Two of my favorite posts here on the SV Portal are by Chainsaw Willie!
and
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 26th March 2020, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
Meyerton
Hi yes it is true so if i am clear on this if i look into the throttle there is plenty of fuel in the front throttle(head or on top of valves) and the rear throttle is clear of any fuel,So when i start cranking the starter(still looking inside the throttle) i can see the spray pattern of the injectors and the front injector spray much (almost 3-10 times) more than the rear injector and if i keep the throttles open the bike starts but i can see inside the throttles that the front throttle is getting so much fuel that it lies there on the valves until it is sucked in and when the valves close it is filled ( instantly ) with fuel by so much of you can maybe fill a class with it.

we are under lockdown here in South Africa ( because of the covid-19 virus ) so i will try and take a video for your guys to see because this is the first time i have ever heard of a bike or car to do this on one cyl.

1:The injectors are tested and swapped but still the same
2:wires are checked
3:all sensors i can think of is tested according to the manual
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 26th March 2020, 09:51 AM
KNEE DRAGGER

♂ United States
Portland Oregon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisHulk View Post
Hi yes the bike starts up and only thing is i get the 2 fault codes and if i look into the throttle you can see it is overfueling because of the fuel laying inside the head only in front cylinder the back cylinder is perfect

Is it actually running on that cylinder or is it completely dead?

Do you have spark?
Do you have compression?
Are you sure you have the front cylinder injector plugged into the front connector and same for the rear? (I have seen this before...)

What year bike? If you are 05 and up there is an individual manifold pressure sensor for each cylinder. If the vac line for that cylinder gets messed up or unplugged, that cylinder can run very rich.

Does the bike have a power commander? If so, pull it out of the system.

If you think all is good on the FI system, I would be doing a leak down test also to check cylinder health.

-ms

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 26th March 2020, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
Meyerton
Hi it is a 2007 model and yes spark is perfect and compression is the same for both cyl. and if triple checked to see if the injector plugs is in the right order and no power commander dead standard ,I olso check the piping but all is fine and i am sure(almost) if the valves leaked the petrol wont stay in the head ontop of the valves it will run down to the piston
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 26th March 2020, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
L-Plate Rider

♂ South Africa
Meyerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt314 View Post
Is it actually running on that cylinder or is it completely dead?

Do you have spark?
Do you have compression?
Are you sure you have the front cylinder injector plugged into the front connector and same for the rear? (I have seen this before...)

What year bike? If you are 05 and up there is an individual manifold pressure sensor for each cylinder. If the vac line for that cylinder gets messed up or unplugged, that cylinder can run very rich.

Does the bike have a power commander? If so, pull it out of the system.

If you think all is good on the FI system, I would be doing a leak down test also to check cylinder health.

-ms
Sorry yes it is running on both cyl. but dont wont to idle because of overfueling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in