Well, I have mentioned that if it were me I would pull the magneto cover, again, and see if anything is not like it should be. Magnets and stator.
Because, to me, 85 VAC is too high. Maybe I just have not seen one that high, but about 80 VAC is as much as I see when helping owners with these things.
Going back to your first post....you state a 4 wire connector from the stator was burned? There are 3 wires from the stator, should be a 3 wire connector? There is another connector for the crankshaft position sensor with two wires.
You also mention "replaced the rotor". Was that a new OEM unit? Or a used replacement? If used, it could explain the charging problem and the higher VAC reading ( magnets bunched together can show a higher peak VAC. This is why that can fry stators ).
Again, it may be a waste of time. But if it were me, I would pull the magneto cover to inspect everything. I would test each of the three stator legs across an ohmmeter to ground looking for any sign of current ( fail test ). Look on front and back of stator for dark spots indication burned insulation ( new or not, they can fail right out of the box). Make SURE there is an equal gap between ALL magnets.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.