SV Portal Forums banner

ENGINE CRACKS

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  the_dex 
#1 ·
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THEY HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED A CRACK IN THE SV1000 ENGINE BLOCK,I HAVE WHAT LOOKS LIKE A HAIRLINE CRACK IN MINE WHERE THE FRONT CYLINDER HEAD JOINS THE BOTTOM PART OF ENGINE.IS THERE ANY SORT OF TEST I CAN DO TO CONFIRM A CRACK OTHER THAN SANDING CASING BACK ,HOPING ITS JUST THE FINISH ON ENGINE CRACKED AS BIKE HAS ONLY DONE 10K AND MINT

#2 ·
Hi! I had a very small crack on the left side of engine, between the clutch push rod and the front sprocket. Changed all the seals and it still leaked oil until I finally saw the leaking crack, it was so small that I had to use a magnifying glass to see it. Cleaned it and put a little bit of jb weld there and its been fine for 2000km.

#3 ·
You don't mention whether the suspected 'crack' is leaking or not. If not (and I suspect this is the case) then ignore it and ride. Remember the lower case is split vertically so there will be a line where the halves meet. This might have been painted over at the factory and the paint itself has cracked, but if nothing is coming out then it's really nothing to worry about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.