UK South West Owners Meet Satruday 26th April 2008 - Page 14 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #196 of 210 (permalink) Old 5th May 2008, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn H View Post
Thanks also to Skidz for a fun day. It was great fun following Torchwood through the twist's. Just about managed not to rear end him and have a total pile up with Mr Wobbly at the same time.
Unfortunately the day ended badly with my dad getting taken down by a Fiesta turning right on him on the way home from the ride. He was Stephen H on the red and black TDM for those who were there. After riding near two hundred miles it happened less than 10 miles from home at Borough Bridge. Now hes laid up in hospital with a broken hip and foot. Still hes on the mend and it could have been worse.
Sorry to hear that Martyn, but at least it'll be healed by September...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Box Recipient #5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #197 of 210 (permalink) Old 5th May 2008, 05:51 PM
Forum whore

♂ England
Martyn, sorry to hear about your Dad, never actually got to speak to either of you on the day anyway, lets hope he's up and about quick.......
post #198 of 210 (permalink) Old 5th May 2008, 07:44 PM
Forum whore

♂ England
Bursledon, Hampshire
Hmmm, very quiet on the 'Japanese machines falling to pieces' front on here!

I lose one Allen bolt and get no end of Shit about my IHOS - a certain member loses a rear seat cowl last September, tail tidy falls to pieces this time and he forgets how to turn on a piece of electrical equipment and no one takes the piss......

So I will, WARREN... by a reliable bike mate - one that's not put together by trained chimpanzee's

Sorry, but after so much ridicule I think I am allowed this one!

Hope you all had a good day, apart from the grass tracking on the roundabout and the remodelling of Ford Fiesta's on the way home. Hopefully I'll be along for the September run - work dependant!

Andy

post #199 of 210 (permalink) Old 5th May 2008, 07:47 PM
One man & his dog

♂ England
Farnham, Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTRE View Post
Hmmm, very quiet on the 'Japanese machines falling to pieces' front on here!

I lose one Allen bolt and get no end of Shit about my IHOS - a certain member loses a rear seat cowl last September, tail tidy falls to pieces this time and he forgets how to turn on a piece of electrical equipment and no one takes the piss......
But THE WHOLE BIKE dosn't fall apart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)
post #200 of 210 (permalink) Old 5th May 2008, 07:53 PM
Forum whore

♂ England
Bursledon, Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valves View Post
But THE WHOLE BIKE dosn't fall apart
and exactly who's bike has completely fallen apart?
post #201 of 210 (permalink) Old 5th May 2008, 07:58 PM
In memory of the Box

♂ Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya
Wasn't it an 'after market' part that failed?
The reliability of japanese bikes is again beyond question...

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europae vincendarum. (Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Alarm, TPS Mod, Scott oiler, de-snorkled, tank raised, TRE fitted then removed, EBC HH pads, Wavy front discs, Tail tidy, hugger, undertray, Tsubaki Gold series chain, Renthal sprockets. HEL Braided brake hoses, K&N Air Filter, Akrapovic oval Titanium cans, Power Commander III. Complete Respray. Hagon rear shock (remote pre-load adjuster), Hagon progressive fork springs.
post #202 of 210 (permalink) Old 5th May 2008, 08:00 PM
Forum whore

♂ England
Bursledon, Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chappell View Post
Wasn't it an 'after market' part that failed?
The reliability of japanese bikes is again beyond question...
I stand corrected - it was an after market part that failed - along with the seat cowl from last year - my god, must be really bad having to buy all these extras for your machines to make them look nicer than how the designer wanted them too!
post #203 of 210 (permalink) Old 5th May 2008, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
At least it managed to turn up

Seat Cowl - My error
Camera - My Error
Tail Tidy British made.

'nuff said

Box Recipient #5
post #204 of 210 (permalink) Old 5th May 2008, 08:36 PM
Forum whore

♂ England
Bursledon, Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
At least it managed to turn up
If I'd have attempted to even get on the bike and I had made it, you'd have had me 'double timing' all the way to the local nick, I was incapable of being in control of my bed, let alone a motorised vehicle! - Oh, hang on, your ex-matelot, you don't do drill do you!
post #205 of 210 (permalink) Old 5th May 2008, 08:47 PM
The Original SV Explorer.

♂ England
Sunny South..of Dorset.
Quote:
Thanks also to Skidz for a fun day. It was great fun following Torchwood through the twist's. Just about managed not to rear end him and have a total pile up with Mr Wobbly at the same time.
Unfortunately the day ended badly with my dad getting taken down by a Fiesta turning right on him on the way home from the ride. He was Stephen H on the red and black TDM for those who were there. After riding near two hundred miles it happened less than 10 miles from home at Borough Bridge. Now he’s laid up in hospital with a broken hip and foot. Still he’s on the mend and it could have been worse.
Holy Crap!!!! Martyn this is not good, please pass on my warm regards for Stephens speedy recovery!! I was with you guys through the town until i turned off up the 3088. Even then i did not like the traffic! your right it could of been worse, please keep us posted! and pm me which hospital he's at please! Would like to try and come down, if he is in there for a bit!??

Oh yes, Mr Wobbly! He was cool, just not used to the bends, must of looked funny watching me shouting, GET OFF THE WHITE LINE!!....lol.

My mod's
post #206 of 210 (permalink) Old 6th May 2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTRE View Post
If I'd have attempted to even get on the bike and I had made it, you'd have had me 'double timing' all the way to the local nick, I was incapable of being in control of my bed, let alone a motorised vehicle! - Oh, hang on, your ex-matelot, you don't do drill do you!

The 6 Ps spring to mind.....

Box Recipient #5
post #207 of 210 (permalink) Old 7th May 2008, 11:09 PM
Forum whore

♂ England
Bursledon, Hampshire
Quote:
The 6 Ps spring to mind.....
Do you mean -

Properly Pissed Pongo (check) Pulse Palour Pupils?
post #208 of 210 (permalink) Old 8th May 2008, 07:55 AM
Grrrrrrrrr!!!

United Kingdom
Ooooarrr!
Quote:
My pics, nothing special. Need an official event photographer!
Did somebody call me!?

Rule Brittania!

post #209 of 210 (permalink) Old 30th May 2008, 07:57 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United Kingdom
South West UK
Sorry to reply so late but things have been manic lately.Dad came home today after 5 weeks in hospital. He still has his foot in plaster and had to have a skin graft on his leg which kept getting put back due to them being completely overstretched at exeter hospital. Just got to let time do its healing thing now.
post #210 of 210 (permalink) Old 30th May 2008, 07:59 PM
Chillaxing

♀ France
In the next valley over
Quote:
Sorry to reply so late but things have been manic lately.Dad came home today after 5 weeks in hospital. He still has his foot in plaster and had to have a skin graft on his leg which kept getting put back due to them being completely overstretched at exeter hospital. Just got to let time do its healing thing now.
Aw, bless, give Dad our very best for a speedy recovery!!

Fully paid up member of Team Stealth
and C-in-C, GT, French wing
Maz, Ex Social Secretary and chief cut-and-paster, Petes' Posse... and survivor of the Euro 2009 Meet "The Bad Ass Tour"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in