UK South West Owners Meet September 13th 2008 *ALL WELCOME* - Page 5 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 100 (permalink) Old 12th September 2008, 08:22 PM
SZ rat bike

♂ United Kingdom
Aldershot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracypillion View Post
Apparently Dave and Stu are in some sort of monsoon, sheltering somewhere.....

anyways everyone on the run,have fun and i should see you all in april

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
welcome to loonly's world
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

check out loonlys pictures

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 100 (permalink) Old 12th September 2008, 11:22 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Just finished work, heard the chorus line of V twins heading into the travelodge from B&Q, so looking good for the rideout. See you all at 0900

Cheers
John

You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
post #63 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 04:27 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ England
Somerset - Taunton
Just got back from yet another glorious sunny Saturday South West Rideout, respect to the boyz from Leeds travelling down thru the rain yesterday..... see we are not all soft sothern shandy drinkers bimbling around at 35mph, I saw at least 57mph on my speedo today!!!!

Keep me in the loop for any planned trips to Europe next year, Warren has my mobile number if you need it, as I must admit to being a little lax on logging on to here between rideouts.

Martin
GSX-R750 K5 & the (Cheap) Yoshimura Jomo Leathers!!!

post #64 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Well, what can I say???????

THANK YOU ALL very much for attending for what was for me THE BEST SW MEET WE HAVE HAD SO FAR!!!

I was very dubious about the meet yesterday and I thought it would only be a small contingent. How wrong was I?!!

25 Bikes. Yes, given the recent weather, the current Economic climate it was a joy to see so many turn up at Tescos and Big ups to Yoshikid and Gadge for Spreading the word and they alone brought 7 people along with them.

Weather wise, what can I say? Perfect. Please spare a charitable thought whilst you hear my screams as another part of my being is extracted.

Another bonus was that the roads were not too bad (only a very few small pockets of crap on the road) in conditon but also in traffic density. For those of you that attended in April, it was quite slow going. Today was quite the opposite and I am sure all will have enjoyed the brisk pace in all 3 groups.

First of all, massive thanks to Martin and Big Thumpa for leading the other groups, I lifted a weight off my shoulders when you both agreed to help out

Thanks to Mike for being the official photographer of the day and look forward to seeing the pics Anyone else who has pics, please post them up as I didn't take any this time

Thanks to Ooomidamon for Turning up and sharing lunch with us all. Next time turn up on

And more importantly, thank you to you all for contributing to the site. The rideout raised 72.50 which I have already sent via paypal to Ash (Spankme) to help keep running the site for us all. Cracking effort guys

It was also great to see some old hands of the site (Kitkat, Pete59 to name but a few) and equally as great to meet new riders who I hope will have come away from this rideout wanting to come back again.

Why not join the UK SW Owners meet social group on here and add your photos as well as on the thread. Unless anyone knows different, this is the sites longest running regular bike meet for SV owners, Ex SV owners and anybody else who cares to join us!

Roll on April 25th 2009, 9am Taunton (Or 8am for fatties at Tesco!)

Cheers

Warren

Box Recipient #5

Last edited by Skidz; 13th September 2008 at 07:02 PM.
post #65 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 07:50 PM
One man & his dog

♂ England
Farnham, Surrey, UK
Thnaks again Skidz - a great day

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)
post #66 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 07:55 PM
One man & his dog

♂ England
Farnham, Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracypillion View Post
Apparently Dave and Stu are in some sort of monsoon, sheltering somewhere.....
Yep, you'd better believe it! We got about 1/2 mile having met-up and the motorway dosappeared under an inch surface water - it was not nice!

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)
post #67 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 08:34 PM
In memory of the Box

♂ Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya
Skids,
Thanks for all the organising mate, it's much appreciated, that was a good days riding. And what you said about the pace being faster than last time... No Kidding, way faster!

And do I get a meet freak award yet? (Thats a subtle hint)

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europae vincendarum. (Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Alarm, TPS Mod, Scott oiler, de-snorkled, tank raised, TRE fitted then removed, EBC HH pads, Wavy front discs, Tail tidy, hugger, undertray, Tsubaki Gold series chain, Renthal sprockets. HEL Braided brake hoses, K&N Air Filter, Akrapovic oval Titanium cans, Power Commander III. Complete Respray. Hagon rear shock (remote pre-load adjuster), Hagon progressive fork springs.
post #68 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 08:54 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Thanks warren just a great day and once again you have done us proud

I would also like to thank Bigthumpa for leading the way round I had a blast

looking forward to aprill,Ill also be posting dates for the wilts/dorset run as soon as we get christmas out the way.

I,m now into filth check out salisburyplain998 on youtube
post #69 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 08:59 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Great ride here is some pics

Thanks again Warren for organising one the highlights of the year.

Thanks to Martin for leading our Group

Gr8 riding by all the group, some poor patches of road, but still
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 031.jpg (451.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 032.jpg (379.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 033.jpg (429.1 KB, 26 views)

You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
post #70 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 09:07 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
A few more pics

Some men gather, in a carpark in Taunton outside the local Hein Gericke.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 035.jpg (521.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 036.jpg (458.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 037.jpg (302.1 KB, 16 views)

post #71 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 09:08 PM
Fair weather rider

♂ United Kingdom
plymouth
yeah thanks all today was a top day my boy loved the day
the roads were awesome and the company and variety of bikes was brilliant
the bking for me was faultless im well chuffed and almost overwhelmed with the way it handled the days pounding ...
thnx guys really nice to meet you all some new some already met

If Im Not Right Then Your Smarter Then Me..

Fav Quote : Save the Cheerleader Save The World
post #72 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 09:12 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
would like to nominate ass of the day to Ian,look in the back ground of this pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rocket three 1.jpg (271.3 KB, 38 views)

I,m now into filth check out salisburyplain998 on youtube
post #73 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 09:12 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
And some more pics

Feast time, and of course all the fine machines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 038.jpg (443.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 039.jpg (525.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 040.jpg (533.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 041.jpg (536.6 KB, 11 views)

post #74 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 09:17 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
More at the pub,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 042.jpg (554.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 043.jpg (534.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 044.jpg (522.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 045.jpg (524.1 KB, 4 views)

post #75 of 100 (permalink) Old 13th September 2008, 09:22 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
New Brake pad pins for the SV1000,

If in doubt botch it with a phillips screw.

Before .................and....................After
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 046.jpg (467.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 047.jpg (469.6 KB, 14 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in