UK South West Owners Meet September 13th 2008 *ALL WELCOME* - Page 7 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #91 of 100 (permalink) Old 4th January 2009, 09:30 PM
55,500 miles and counting

♂ United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh2170 View Post
Hi all. I happened to ride out on some of route planned for next weekend this afternoon and hope the following will help to keep you all safe.

1. Lots of the corn harvest has not happened in this area and the weather is looking good for that weekend so there will be
a. Slow moving machinery around with poor visibility.
b. Wet fields will mean mud being brought out onto the roads and some ag vehicle lights may be partially obscured.
c. There may be grain spilled from overfilled trailers, particularly on the outside of bends.

I apologise in advance on behalf of my fellow farmers but things are getting desperate now and many are seeing their livelyhoods starting to rot. My father has never known a harvest this late and he is in his 70's.

2. The c**p weather has caused numerous washouts onto the highway with gravel sticks and mud being deposited and water flowing across the roads. It may be gone by then but given the weather forecast for the mid-week, dont bank on it. Very bad one on the Minehead by-pass. Numerous ones and lots of water flowing down the road edges on some of the roads around Wheddon cross. Usually no warning signs.

3. There is a lot of leaf and fine stick right in the centre of some carriageways, partly due to hedgetrimming operations and the wet weather causing cars to splash it out from the verges.

4. The tar it and grit brigade have been out in force in places so there is loose gravel on some junctions to side roads.

5. Road through Washford village (between Williton and Minehead) has lots of loose fine grit all over the road but particularly on the centre and road edges.

6. Lots of flood warning signs out but floods are mostly gone but there is left over debris.

To make my ride really crap out, 40 miles from home I found a small nail in the rear tyre smack in the centre of the tread area too and so that and the bad road surfaces reminded me nicely of riding my old Yam TY175 trials bike with deliberately soft tyres about 25 years ago. Tyre is Bridgestone and has loads of life yet so any recommendations as to where I should take it? Bit new to this still and this is the first puncture. Tyre should be OK as it did not go totally flat, just down to 12 psi and not too warm.

If we're not harvesting next weekend then I hope to join you but if not then please ride safe and have a great day out.
AAAaarrghHHH !! another bloody farmer.... my wife's father is a farmer, always moaning about how bad it all is.

I just pray that one day, with a lot of hard work and good luck I can be as poor as him

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My new toy. A 2005 Yamaha MT-01 1700cc torque monster.

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 (permalink) Old 4th January 2009, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
The day you get a G reg Peugeot 205 diesel Pete, is the day you know you've made it

Box Recipient #5
post #93 of 100 (permalink) Old 5th January 2009, 08:47 AM
55,500 miles and counting

♂ United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
The day you get a G reg Peugeot 205 diesel Pete, is the day you know you've made it
Well I'm sort of on my way then as we just got a diesely estatey peopley carryie type thingy.....and mines got a tow bar so watch this space

When you gonna do another ride out then Warren, I'm up for one if it's on a dry Sunday.

Pete

My new toy. A 2005 Yamaha MT-01 1700cc torque monster.

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!

post #94 of 100 (permalink) Old 9th July 2009, 08:28 PM
Just a very old man

♂ United Kingdom
Holbeach St Johns. Lincs
Anyone know when this years september rideout will be?
I know its likely to be september, but if anyone can narrow the dates down a bit I will be grateful

l]
post #95 of 100 (permalink) Old 9th July 2009, 08:39 PM
Wandering Geriatric

♂ United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Garage
Try This

NEXT UK SW MEET - Saturday 19th September
Skidz always signs off one meet with the date for the next.

Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start to think there's people out there having fun on motorcycles, then it makes me take another look.

Steve Mcqueen - On Any Sunday
post #96 of 100 (permalink) Old 12th July 2009, 07:45 AM
Just a very old man

♂ United Kingdom
Holbeach St Johns. Lincs
Thanks dave. Me and the possie are heading down for this one.

l]
post #97 of 100 (permalink) Old 12th July 2009, 07:52 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Brizzle
Garage
The traffic is much better on the Saturday, means we actually get some riding done!

Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer.
post #98 of 100 (permalink) Old 19th August 2009, 11:41 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
bristol
i will b there as usuall....few others possibly...........
post #99 of 100 (permalink) Old 23rd August 2009, 02:09 PM
<- Oakley

♂ England
Devon, UK
I'll try to be there, but will join the AA first (given that I'll be on an IHOS)....

Hello Dave
post #100 of 100 (permalink) Old 23rd August 2009, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Front page item out this week not long now!!

Box Recipient #5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in