UK South West Owners Meet April 25th 2009 *ALL WELCOME* - Page 5 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 172 (permalink) Old 6th April 2009, 06:20 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw View Post
Well it looks like I'll be able to ride on my first SW Meet in 3 years!!

Did a recce of a large part of the route yesterday.........the roads have suffered this winter, not up to Devon's usual standard now in a lot of places, some big holes in the road here and there and a lot of gravel mid lane which you need to watch for in corners ;-)
Looking forward to riding with you at last Andy, what will you be riding on the run?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 172 (permalink) Old 6th April 2009, 06:30 PM
Chillaxing

♀ France
In the next valley over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenee View Post
I'll be the first to get this in, Is that the petrol or Diesel version,

Sorry but had to be done....
That will be the Mark 1 model, then.........

Fully paid up member of Team Stealth
and C-in-C, GT, French wing
Maz, Ex Social Secretary and chief cut-and-paster, Petes' Posse... and survivor of the Euro 2009 Meet "The Bad Ass Tour"

post #63 of 172 (permalink) Old 6th April 2009, 06:37 PM
"Kiss my Ass"

♂ England
Hunmanby, North East.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazPillion View Post
That will be the Mark 1 model, then.........
The one and only, here is a really scary picture of him from last year in a store in Aachen, Germany. You should have seen the faces of the customers when he growled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00038.JPG (304.6 KB, 10 views)

[

post #64 of 172 (permalink) Old 6th April 2009, 06:48 PM
Shit Happens

England
NEAR MIDDLESBROUGH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbarcon View Post
The one and only, here is a really scary picture of him from last year in a store in Aachen, Germany. You should have seen the faces of the customers when he growled.
I know him.......................he looks intimidating but he's really a big softie I remember that pic being taken. Diesel in the 1098 eh! that'll get a mention or two
post #65 of 172 (permalink) Old 6th April 2009, 06:55 PM
"Kiss my Ass"

♂ England
Hunmanby, North East.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKSV View Post
I know him.......................he looks intimidating but he's really a big softie I remember that pic being taken. Diesel in the 1098 eh! that'll get a mention or two
Big guy but a real softie, and yes he did put diesel in his 1098, as you can imagine i have mentioned it a few times to him. He is looking at ways of getting all his gear on the 1098 to go on the Euro meet.

[
post #66 of 172 (permalink) Old 7th April 2009, 07:20 AM
Chillaxing

♀ France
In the next valley over
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbarcon View Post
Big guy but a real softie, and yes he did put diesel in his 1098, as you can imagine i have mentioned it a few times to him. He is looking at ways of getting all his gear on the 1098 to go on the Euro meet.
Oh, right, best get some diesel in the jerry can, just in case

Fully paid up member of Team Stealth
and C-in-C, GT, French wing
Maz, Ex Social Secretary and chief cut-and-paster, Petes' Posse... and survivor of the Euro 2009 Meet "The Bad Ass Tour"

post #67 of 172 (permalink) Old 7th April 2009, 10:59 PM
In memory of the Box

♂ Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya
Ok then,
Oil and filter change
Cleaned the clutch slave cylinder and bled the system
Cleaned and bled the front and rear brakes
I'm good to go, bring on the meet!

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europae vincendarum. (Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Alarm, TPS Mod, Scott oiler, de-snorkled, tank raised, TRE fitted then removed, EBC HH pads, Wavy front discs, Tail tidy, hugger, undertray, Tsubaki Gold series chain, Renthal sprockets. HEL Braided brake hoses, K&N Air Filter, Akrapovic oval Titanium cans, Power Commander III. Complete Respray. Hagon rear shock (remote pre-load adjuster), Hagon progressive fork springs.
post #68 of 172 (permalink) Old 8th April 2009, 04:25 PM
One man & his dog

♂ England
Farnham, Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chappell View Post
Ok then,
Oil and filter change
Cleaned the clutch slave cylinder and bled the system
Cleaned and bled the front and rear brakes
I'm good to go, bring on the meet!
Spark plugs?
Balancing?

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)
post #69 of 172 (permalink) Old 12th April 2009, 06:40 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
I have 3 more mates from the Taunton area that have heard how good this ride is and want to join us, is that ok Warren.

You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
post #70 of 172 (permalink) Old 12th April 2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Quote:
I have 3 more mates from the Taunton area that have heard how good this ride is and want to join us, is that ok Warren.
Sure!

Looking as it goes, it may be 4 groups now!

Box Recipient #5
post #71 of 172 (permalink) Old 13th April 2009, 11:19 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
Sure!

Looking as it goes, it may be 4 groups now!
I'm feeling confident to lead a group without loss of direction this time,

post #72 of 172 (permalink) Old 13th April 2009, 11:56 PM
In memory of the Box

♂ Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valves View Post
Spark plugs?
Balancing?
They were fine, didn't need changing...

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europae vincendarum. (Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Alarm, TPS Mod, Scott oiler, de-snorkled, tank raised, TRE fitted then removed, EBC HH pads, Wavy front discs, Tail tidy, hugger, undertray, Tsubaki Gold series chain, Renthal sprockets. HEL Braided brake hoses, K&N Air Filter, Akrapovic oval Titanium cans, Power Commander III. Complete Respray. Hagon rear shock (remote pre-load adjuster), Hagon progressive fork springs.
post #73 of 172 (permalink) Old 14th April 2009, 05:18 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Quote:
Spark plugs?
Balancing?
Ok silly question of the day, Balancing on fuel injection???

On carbs yes but........ i've never had a fuel injection bike.

post #74 of 172 (permalink) Old 14th April 2009, 05:39 PM
One man & his dog

♂ England
Farnham, Surrey, UK
Quote:
Ok silly question of the day, Balancing on fuel injection???

On carbs yes but........ i've never had a fuel injection bike.
You balance the throttle slides (just as with carb's) to ensure the throttles open together, at the same time. Well worth it as it improves the low-down response. So does setting the TPS. Both are in the workshop manual.

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)
post #75 of 172 (permalink) Old 15th April 2009, 12:08 AM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Quote:
You balance the throttle slides (just as with carb's) to ensure the throttles open together, at the same time. Well worth it as it improves the low-down response. So does setting the TPS. Both are in the workshop manual.
I'll make a note of that for when i purchase my first fully fuel injected model,
Cheers Valves,

Tags
meet, minehead, run, site, south, southwest, sun, taunton, west

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in