UK South West Owners Meet September 19th 2009 *ALL WELCOME* - Page 4 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 132 (permalink) Old 15th September 2009, 08:55 PM
SV1200 please

♂ England
Binfield, Berkshire
All being well the Berkshire Massive, well Bish and me, will be there. Should be travelling down Friday arvo and whooping it up at the Taunton Travelodge. Crazy guys eh?

AndyW, if you're around on Friday PM you may get a couple of visitors

See you Saturday

DC

Keep Britain Tidy. Tuck in your shirt, comb your hair and give your shoes a bit of a polish

SV1000S K3 Silver & Scratched
Yoshimura 2:1, PCIII, Hamicad Fender Eliminator, Rad and Oil Cooler Grills,
Snorkelectomy, MCN Suspension Settings, Goodridge Braided Hoses and EBC HH pads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 132 (permalink) Old 15th September 2009, 10:12 PM
Moped rider

♂ United Kingdom
Taunton Somerset UK
Went along to the V+J superbike open day on Sunday. Quite fun as Riders(Hardley Ableson dealer) were also copying them. Both had live bands on opposite sides of the street so it was quite funny. Hundreds of bikes there. Plod turned up but were only interested in the owner of the bike dyno van that was there for the day. Something to do with its roadworthiness and tax..... the driver had mysteriously dissappeared at that point! Anyone on this site claim the Silver SV thou S with a rear tyre that looked like the owner had been chasing Rossi and co round a track ?
I also checked out this Saturday's route as far as Minehead too. NO roadworks, no mud on the road and no loose gravel at present. Harvest is also pretty much done so there should be less risk from grain spillage and tractors etc on the road. Awesome road up over the Brendons.. Wish I could make the whole day.........See you all for breakfast though.
post #48 of 132 (permalink) Old 16th September 2009, 07:05 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dove_cazzo View Post
All being well the Berkshire Massive, well Bish and me, will be there. Should be travelling down Friday arvo and whooping it up at the Taunton Travelodge. Crazy guys eh?

AndyW, if you're around on Friday PM you may get a couple of visitors

See you Saturday

DC
Should be, give me a bell on the moby when you're round about Brissel.

Warren....I'll have a couple of mates in tow as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!

post #49 of 132 (permalink) Old 16th September 2009, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Ideal. Forecast looking as previously arranged

Box Recipient #5
post #50 of 132 (permalink) Old 17th September 2009, 07:49 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
Ideal. Forecast looking as previously arranged
Thank god for that, thought you would have to take a lone out on my soul again.

You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
post #51 of 132 (permalink) Old 17th September 2009, 09:07 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Brizzle
Garage
Got a new chain and sprocket kit on with help from my glamourous assistant, bedding it in tomorrow going to/from work and in the evening. the old one wasn't too bad, but maybe not great for the um, progressive riding that saturday will bring! Both BBC weather and MetOffice agree on the saturday forecast, so should be good!

Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer.
post #52 of 132 (permalink) Old 17th September 2009, 09:31 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by araya213 View Post
Got a new chain and sprocket kit on with help from my glamourous assistant, bedding it in tomorrow going to/from work and in the evening. the old one wasn't too bad, but maybe not great for the um, progressive riding that saturday will bring! Both BBC weather and MetOffice agree on the saturday forecast, so should be good!
Im sorry but the weather is looking wet on met and msn and bbc

I,m now into filth check out salisburyplain998 on youtube
post #53 of 132 (permalink) Old 17th September 2009, 09:38 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Brizzle
Garage
Oh dear, it wasn't earlier, perhaps they changed their minds?

Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer.
post #54 of 132 (permalink) Old 17th September 2009, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboy View Post
Have faith dear boy......

Box Recipient #5
post #55 of 132 (permalink) Old 18th September 2009, 06:22 AM
Just a very old man

♂ United Kingdom
Holbeach St Johns. Lincs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
Have faith dear boy......
I have got 100%faith in warren, in fact if warren says its gonna be good then you can copper bottom guarantee it will be so.
If he tells you all is ok with the weather, you just know things are gonna be brilliant. For those of you that dont know him, all I can say is trust him and have faith.
I on the other hand will be bringing my waterproofs.

l]
post #56 of 132 (permalink) Old 18th September 2009, 06:33 AM
The Child..willied...

♀ England
South Yorks
Well, no matter what the weather, have a fantastic time guys, am gutted not to be ther with you.....

Yeah, so I like it from behind..............
Tracy

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "
Frank Sinatra
post #57 of 132 (permalink) Old 18th September 2009, 03:57 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboy View Post
You must be seeing things, checking weather for the wrong area Chris!.....local forcasts fine dry weather, possibly overcast but DRY!....and just checked Met Office website, same

........now if only I can get my bike running!!!.....won't start without throttle, stalls below 2k rpm, chronic misfire, won't tickover
Water got in somewhere after washing, happened a couple of times recently but useually ok after sitting overnight but not today after yesterdays wash. Been through checking electrical connectors for TPS, Fuel Injectors, Primary coils/spark plug caps etc and a bunch of other stuff but no sign of the cause

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!
post #58 of 132 (permalink) Old 18th September 2009, 04:57 PM
Scooter boy

♂ United Kingdom
Somerset
Well she's pride of place just having a quick wipe down and fluid check (missus is away ). I work in minehead and live in a small village between it and taunton and so far the weather is good. Overcast but doesnt look 'rainy'. fairly warm too so i guess Warren did a good job !!

Safe ride to HG everyone and see you there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18092009083.jpg (451.1 KB, 19 views)
post #59 of 132 (permalink) Old 18th September 2009, 05:05 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy85 View Post
Well she's pride of place just having a quick wipe down and fluid check (missus is away ). I work in minehead and live in a small village between it and taunton and so far the weather is good. Overcast but doesnt look 'rainy'. fairly warm too so i guess Warren did a good job !!

Safe ride to HG everyone and see you there.
Surely that's gotta block your view of the telly, lol. but lucky you, see ya in the morning.

You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
post #60 of 132 (permalink) Old 18th September 2009, 05:37 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
.....notice the number plate?.....WX08 GAY
...pride of place on the bookshelf

GS still playing up, just had a word with the Mrs to see if I can bring it in our front room to 'dry out' .............insert black eye emoticon here!!!!! lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in