UK South West Owners Meet September 19th 2009 *ALL WELCOME* - Page 5 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 132 (permalink) Old 18th September 2009, 05:49 PM
Just Magnificent.

♂ England
Forest of Dean
Working into the night to get the blower drain right.
I will be there if I can...

rvberbvbjb!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 132 (permalink) Old 18th September 2009, 06:38 PM
Scooter boy

♂ United Kingdom
Somerset
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw View Post
.....notice the number plate?.....WX08 GAY
...pride of place on the bookshelf

GS still playing up, just had a word with the Mrs to see if I can bring it in our front room to 'dry out' .............insert black eye emoticon here!!!!! lol
Cheeky bastard!! 'OAV'
post #63 of 132 (permalink) Old 18th September 2009, 07:06 PM
Chillaxing

♀ France
In the next valley over
Quote:
.....notice the number plate?.....WX08 GAY
...pride of place on the bookshelf

GS still playing up, just had a word with the Mrs to see if I can bring it in our front room to 'dry out' .............insert black eye emoticon here!!!!! lol
Black what emoticon?????

This would work nicely.....

Fully paid up member of Team Stealth
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and C-in-C, GT, French wing
Maz, Ex Social Secretary and chief cut-and-paster, Petes' Posse... and survivor of the Euro 2009 Meet "The Bad Ass Tour"

post #64 of 132 (permalink) Old 18th September 2009, 10:12 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Im gonna trust warren and as long as its not wet when I get up Ill be there ,I really don,t want to miss both southwests this year .

I,m now into filth check out salisburyplain998 on youtube
post #65 of 132 (permalink) Old 18th September 2009, 10:34 PM
One man & his dog

♂ England
Farnham, Surrey, UK
Got collared to do some work, up in 'Notlob' would you believe Have a good one - see you in April

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)
post #66 of 132 (permalink) Old 19th September 2009, 06:40 AM
<- Oakley

♂ England
Devon, UK
Leaving home soon, see you in a bit!!

Hello Dave
post #67 of 132 (permalink) Old 19th September 2009, 01:26 PM
55,500 miles and counting

♂ United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
Well I shal be big and wish all you SATURDAY riders a good one.

My new toy. A 2005 Yamaha MT-01 1700cc torque monster.

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!

post #68 of 132 (permalink) Old 19th September 2009, 01:28 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy85 View Post
Cheeky bastard!! 'OAV'
Got my comeuppance today! :-(

Quote:
........now if only I can get my bike running!!!.....won't start without throttle, stalls below 2k rpm, chronic misfire, won't tickover
Water got in somewhere after washing, happened a couple of times recently but useually ok after sitting overnight but not today after yesterdays wash. Been through checking electrical connectors for TPS, Fuel Injectors, Primary coils/spark plug caps etc and a bunch of other stuff but no sign of the cause
Well full marks to me for trying......got to see everyone at HG in Taunton just 35 miles from home but couldn't make the rideout and my trip home was not exactly as planned (a picture speaks a thousand words as they say.....see below!!!!).......let the piss taking commence!

Hope you all had a great day and treated my little ride buddy well!......wonder how many guys got 'embarrassed' today by the little blonde on the CBR600
Attached Images
File Type: jpg broke_my_beemer.jpg (480.1 KB, 24 views)

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!
post #69 of 132 (permalink) Old 19th September 2009, 02:48 PM
Chillaxing

♀ France
In the next valley over
That'ss teach you to wash it!!! Next time, don't do it in the bath.....

Fully paid up member of Team Stealth
and C-in-C, GT, French wing
Maz, Ex Social Secretary and chief cut-and-paster, Petes' Posse... and survivor of the Euro 2009 Meet "The Bad Ass Tour"

post #70 of 132 (permalink) Old 19th September 2009, 04:15 PM
Just Magnificent.

♂ England
Forest of Dean
Sorry I couldn't make it. Only just got the oil flow right.
Hope you guys had a great one!

rvberbvbjb!
post #71 of 132 (permalink) Old 19th September 2009, 04:28 PM
Pete's bike hauler

♂ France
Surrounded by the best biking roads in the world
Quote:
Got my comeuppance today! :....let the piss taking commence
Andy, Heaven forbid would we do such a thing? I thought all bmw's came with a built in trailor!
bet the SV never drowned tho
And you should know better than to wash it with water we all know those panzervagons corrode like it is going out of style , now their aversion to water seems to have got under the skin. Good thing Charlie and co did their thing on the older steam driven versions

BTW the 1200s electrical system problems are well known! and if you think they are bad look into the LT1200 Nightmare!

If you are looking for a free holiday in the sun, don't bother me, However if you are a genuine biker and want to ride the best roads in the world there is no better place than
check out the pics on the site and the vids on youtube search for britfrog
post #72 of 132 (permalink) Old 19th September 2009, 05:21 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Quote:

Hope you all had a great day and treated my little ride buddy well!......wonder how many guys got 'embarrassed' today by the little blonde on the CBR600
Quite few, Em's stuck to the back of me in group two like glue, she's an awesome rider, unfortunatley whilst following me and Em's, Rich on his Yellow Speed triple had a run in with some wildlife and put his bike in the soft stuff.
I was brickin it waiting down the road with no usual apperance within 10 seconds. He's ok, the bike was rideable but will need a few cosmetic adjustments and some new brackets.

You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
post #73 of 132 (permalink) Old 19th September 2009, 05:29 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Brizzle
Garage
A big thank you to everyone who helped pull my bike out of the hedge, and searched in vain for my radiator cap! My gaffer tape repair held until Triumph Taunton, who unfortunately don't keep Speed Triple caps in stock! Everything else will bend back into shape apart from the pillion footrest (found one on eBay already!). It was going superbly until then, so here's a lesson I learned today - if I'm heading towards an animal that's not a deer or a bear - run it over!

Apart from needing a lift home with Dad, it was a superb day, well organised, and with some great people in attendance!

Sorry for scaring people ahead of me, I'll try not to do it again!

Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer.
post #74 of 132 (permalink) Old 19th September 2009, 05:33 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Quote:
Originally Posted by araya213 View Post
A big thank you to everyone who helped pull my bike out of the hedge, and searched in vain for my radiator cap! My gaffer tape repair held until Triumph Taunton, who unfortunately don't keep Speed Triple caps in stock! Everything else will bend back into shape apart from the pillion footrest (found one on eBay already!). It was going superbly until then, so here's a lesson I learned today - if I'm heading towards an animal that's not a deer or a bear - run it over!

Apart from needing a lift home with Dad, it was a superb day, well organised, and with some great people in attendance!

Sorry for scaring people ahead of me, I'll try not to do it again!
No worries m8, as long as your alright, i'll start posting some pics up in a min to cheer you up.

You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
post #75 of 132 (permalink) Old 19th September 2009, 05:42 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Brizzle
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenee View Post
No worries m8, as long as your alright, i'll start posting some pics up in a min to cheer you up.
I'm limping a bit, took some of the impact on my heel, but nothing serious done! (also bruised ego, newly acquired fear of right handers). There was a lot of pic taking going on, so it would be good to see some of it!

Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in