UK South West Owners Meet April 24th 2010 *ALL WELCOME* - Page 2 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 96 (permalink) Old 6th March 2010, 10:46 AM
The Child..willied...

♀ England
South Yorks
Apologies, will be incredibly drunk with thousands of others . Will def try for one soon,

Yeah, so I like it from behind..............
Tracy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "
Frank Sinatra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 96 (permalink) Old 6th March 2010, 05:01 PM
Just a very old man

♂ United Kingdom
Holbeach St Johns. Lincs
should be there, have to wait and see

l]
post #18 of 96 (permalink) Old 9th March 2010, 03:56 PM
Wandering Geriatric

♂ United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
Well, the snow is finally ebbing
Picky correction. Tides ebb. Snow drifts. I'll be there whatever.

Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start to think there's people out there having fun on motorcycles, then it makes me take another look.

Steve Mcqueen - On Any Sunday

post #19 of 96 (permalink) Old 9th March 2010, 08:04 PM
L-Plate Rider

♀ United Kingdom
Hereford
april 24th ride-out

I will be there and looking to book the travelodge for sat night before going back up to hereford, maybe a drink with members i havent met yet, cool.
CURVY GIRL.
post #20 of 96 (permalink) Old 10th March 2010, 02:50 AM
Fat & Slow the way to go!

♂ England
Reading, England
might be a little too close to my return from Mexico, I'll have to check.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ZX10R - In Orange - MIVV GP race pipe, Pazzo Levers, DB screen and HIDs!
post #21 of 96 (permalink) Old 10th March 2010, 08:18 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Brizzle
Garage
I'll be there, don't know on what bike yet, got to sell my Speed Triple soon.

Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer.
post #22 of 96 (permalink) Old 17th March 2010, 12:10 PM
Scooter boy

♂ United Kingdom
Cardiff
Skidz

Sorry I can't make it this April - hopefully I'll be there in September on a Sprint ST - if you'll let me.

Roy
post #23 of 96 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2010, 10:17 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ England
cheshunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by CURVY GIRL View Post
I will be there and looking to book the travelodge for sat night before going back up to hereford, maybe a drink with members i havent met yet, cool.
CURVY GIRL.
HI You would be better of booking in on the friday night as a few of us are there then but i dont think anyone stays on saturday
post #24 of 96 (permalink) Old 25th March 2010, 10:30 AM
Grumpy old sod.

♂ England
Northamptonshire
I have decided to step in and try to put this thread back on track. It is all about promoting and organising a rideout in the South West in April.

This has hitherto always proved to those that have taken part a truly great day out, seemingly always blessed with good weather, good roads and a great spirit of camerarderie and friendship, let us keep it that way.

It is first and foremost a rideout not a fundraising exercise, please do not lose sight of that fact, the raising of funds for the site has always been of secondary importance, but it has traditionally been used in that way for a number of years and has as a result raised significant sums that go towards helping keep the SV Portal right at the top of tree in terms of motorcycling (and dare i say it social interaction) for quite a while now. It is also correct to say that without the SV Portal this twice yearly rideout would probably not be taking place, many of the friendships we perhaps take for granted would not have even come about. This humble little corner of the internet has become important to many of us as can be evidenced by the amount of time some of us spend here and the time and effort that others have put in to make it what it is today.

I would like it to get back on track to what is the main point of the thread, a good fun rideout on some great roads with enjoyable companions in what will hopefully be good weather.

There are times when only a really big beer will do.

For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.
post #25 of 96 (permalink) Old 26th March 2010, 10:05 AM
Be excelent to one another

♂ United Kingdom
UK
4 weeks to go. I don't know if I can wait that long.

Does anyone have a spare berth overnight on the Friday at the Taunton Travelodge?

post #26 of 96 (permalink) Old 28th March 2010, 04:17 PM
In memory of the Box

♂ Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish View Post
4 weeks to go. I don't know if I can wait that long.

Does anyone have a spare berth overnight on the Friday at the Taunton Travelodge?
I will definately be there again, 5th SW ride-out in a row? Can't wait to get my new suspension installed and set up for the ride, see you all there Ladies and Gents. If you havn't gone on a SW owners ride out before, treat yourself. It takes in some of the finest biking roads that our great nation has to offer, in 3 groups Fast, medium and plodders (something for everyone) with excellent company and a fantastic spirtit of friendship with friends old and new.
Speaking of which...
Bish,
If you can hack another 70 miles (to Plymouth), you can stay at mine, it will be an early start though...

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europae vincendarum. (Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Alarm, TPS Mod, Scott oiler, de-snorkled, tank raised, TRE fitted then removed, EBC HH pads, Wavy front discs, Tail tidy, hugger, undertray, Tsubaki Gold series chain, Renthal sprockets. HEL Braided brake hoses, K&N Air Filter, Akrapovic oval Titanium cans, Power Commander III. Complete Respray. Hagon rear shock (remote pre-load adjuster), Hagon progressive fork springs.
post #27 of 96 (permalink) Old 28th March 2010, 04:18 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Brizzle
Garage
Hoping to sell my speed triple and be there on an sv.....

Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things.

Marvin Heemeyer.
post #28 of 96 (permalink) Old 28th March 2010, 06:35 PM
Moped rider

♂ United Kingdom
Exeter
Count me in !

Just saw this and I've not been on an SV ride out before - So I'm really looking forward to it. See you all there !!
post #29 of 96 (permalink) Old 30th March 2010, 03:06 PM
Be excelent to one another

♂ United Kingdom
UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chappell View Post
Speaking of which...
Bish,
If you can hack another 70 miles (to Plymouth), you can stay at mine, it will be an early start though...
Appreciate the offer but there will be three of us (Me,DC & Neil) we're having an early start on the friday to get serviced at JHS en-route with a possible jaunt over to Weston to see AndyW if he's about...

We'll be stopping over at the travelodge as usual.

Is anyone else staying overnight on the Friday at the Taunton Travelodge? We might have/require a spare berth.

Cheers
Bish

post #30 of 96 (permalink) Old 6th April 2010, 03:39 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish View Post
Appreciate the offer but there will be three of us (Me,DC & Neil) we're having an early start on the friday to get serviced at JHS en-route with a possible jaunt over to Weston to see AndyW if he's about...
For you and DC he will be

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in