UK South West Owners Meet April 24th 2010 *ALL WELCOME* - Page 5 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 96 (permalink) Old 24th April 2010, 09:47 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
bristol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenee View Post
Ride it like you stole it yeah,
sumin like that.......or the 130 ponies ripping through me rear tyre....as always decent weather.........cant say the same about sum of the road surfaces........heres a few pics from today...
sw sv apr ro 001.jpg

sw sv apr ro 003.jpg

sw sv apr ro 004.jpg

sw sv apr ro 005.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 96 (permalink) Old 24th April 2010, 09:53 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
bristol
post #63 of 96 (permalink) Old 24th April 2010, 10:05 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Looks like I could be on the September run if your doing Mike's B12 hire,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #64 of 96 (permalink) Old 24th April 2010, 10:16 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
bristol
Quote:
Looks like I could be on the September run if your doing Mike's B12 hire,
.....could b on to sum thing here...........his blade wasent ready in time so he used me b12.......which ment i`ve got 2 bikes to f--king clean up now................well the sv all done now.....hope the rain tonite will wash off the b12.......
post #65 of 96 (permalink) Old 24th April 2010, 10:32 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Quote:
Originally Posted by evssv View Post
.....could b on to sum thing here...........his blade wasent ready in time so he used me b12.......which ment i`ve got 2 bikes to f--king clean up now................well the sv all done now.....hope the rain tonite will wash off the b12.......
Sound like a good plan to me, I'm not fussy tho, B12, Gixer thou, even the SV, whatever you got spare i'm good to hire!!!

You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
post #66 of 96 (permalink) Old 24th April 2010, 10:44 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
bristol
Quote:
Sound like a good plan to me, I'm not fussy tho, B12, Gixer thou, even the SV, whatever you got spare i'm good to hire!!!
gix is now gone.....sv...no chance.........u may have ur new bike by then.....what u after anyway
post #67 of 96 (permalink) Old 24th April 2010, 11:11 PM
One man & his dog

♂ England
Farnham, Surrey, UK
Quote:
..and i think if the old gray geezer[cant remember his name now] dident get stopped by that bm on the way out,it would of been me n me mate...
That was DH, Andy W was waiting for him further up the road, said he'd been with the rozzer for some time, so an unfortunate ticket was the probable outcome

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)
post #68 of 96 (permalink) Old 25th April 2010, 06:23 AM
Grrrrrrrrr!!!

United Kingdom
Ooooarrr!
Never voluntarily ride in front of a cop car, that's what I say. I saw Dave get pulled by the fuzz and it was some pretty dodgy driving on their part.

Assuming it was for the rack across his plate I'd be interested to know how many cars with towballs In front of the plate they've stopped...

Rule Brittania!

post #69 of 96 (permalink) Old 25th April 2010, 06:28 AM
55,500 miles and counting

♂ United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSkidz View Post
Poor Petey you need help, think there's a sprockets loose somewhere
I can assure you MrsSkidz, that my wife has ways of keeping my nuts tight all the time.

My new toy. A 2005 Yamaha MT-01 1700cc torque monster.

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!

post #70 of 96 (permalink) Old 25th April 2010, 06:44 AM

♂ United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSkidz View Post
... please don't tell me you are one of his little helpers
Well yes, it was the lure of the costumes we have to wear, not mine of course but the lady helpers costumes......

Attached Images
File Type: jpg candy-cane-santa-53055.jpg (167.8 KB, 20 views)

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!

post #71 of 96 (permalink) Old 25th April 2010, 08:38 AM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Quote:
.......and i think if the old gray geezer[cant remember his name now] dident get stopped by that bm on the way out,it would of been me n me mate.
How dare you refer to my Dad as an old grey geezer!.........

..........he has quite a good tanned complexion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThumpa View Post
Never voluntarily ride in front of a cop car, that's what I say. I saw Dave get pulled by the fuzz and it was some pretty dodgy driving on their part.

Assuming it was for the rack across his plate I'd be interested to know how many cars with towballs In front of the plate they've stopped...
Twas indeed..........no fine or anything, a rectification notice(?)
I decided dicretion was the better part of valour hence I rode on and waited for him up the road (didn't fancy potential undersized number plate ticket at 60!!!!!)

Great day out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!
post #72 of 96 (permalink) Old 25th April 2010, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Thank you all!

As the title suggests, thanks all for turning out yesterday

Good roads most of the time (2nd part was stonking apart from a short stretch of scored road), great company and some real good riding too!

Thanks to Martin and Dave Hobbs for leading the other groups around and getting everyone back safe and sound to HG.

It still never ceases to amaze me the numbers we have (19 yesterday) and the distances and efforts despite their own problems (like just getting back into the country!) still came along to enjoy the day.

Thanks also to Mr Peter Rose for amusing Mrs Skidz in my absence!

And also to Big T who did some live updates for us via his Iphone (I am so sold on them now lol)

AND 60 (sent as $90) sent to help the site out too!

All in all, a great day!

REMEMBER!!!!!!

Next SW run will be SUNDAY 19th September 2010.

Lets just hope I can make that deal again as weather is crap here now!!

Cheers!

Box Recipient #5

Last edited by Skidz; 25th April 2010 at 09:03 AM.
post #73 of 96 (permalink) Old 25th April 2010, 08:52 AM
Grumpy old sod.

♂ England
Northamptonshire
It sounds as if you all had a great time.

There are times when only a really big beer will do.

For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.
post #74 of 96 (permalink) Old 25th April 2010, 09:03 AM

♂ United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidz View Post

Thanks also to Mr Peter Rose for looking after Mrs Skidz in my absence!

Cheers!
Anything to help Warren, by the way, she had a bit too much to drink and told me where she hides your trunchon so next time you can't find it just Pm me and I'll give you a clue.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagesCATSO2US.jpg (2.1 KB, 57 views)

post #75 of 96 (permalink) Old 25th April 2010, 12:41 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ England
Farnborough, Hampshire
Great ride!!

This year was my first time at the SW ride and what an event it was! Weather was glorious, ride was fantastic, hospitality was without flaws, the JHS service was great... in all contexts of the word, but definitely worth it.

I look forward to the next time I am able to join you.

DDL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P240410_09.28.jpg (439.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P240410_10.33.jpg (432.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P240410_10.34.jpg (451.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P240410_10.40.jpg (368.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P240410_14.06.jpg (516.5 KB, 17 views)

DDL

"Whoever heard of a worm skin rug?" - AJ Rimmer
"I am what I am." - Popeye/Descartes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in