UK SOUTH WEST OWNERS MEET APRIL 30th 2011 - SV1000 Portal
View Poll Results: Will you be coming to the great SW rideout on 30th April?
Of Course I will! It's part of my years riding! 11 40.74%
Not this time, sorry! 9 33.33%
Well, errr, ummm, maybe, not sure etc etc..... 7 25.93%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 21st March 2011, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
UK SOUTH WEST OWNERS MEET APRIL 30th 2011

Thank you all once again!

another enjoyable day!

It's that time again! Why not round off the Royal Wedding Celebrations with a nice ride around some of the best roads North Devon and Somerset have to offer!

9am Prompt at Hein Gericke, Taunton or for those like a good old fry up, 8am at Taunton Tesco.

All welcome, £2.50 donation for the site funds (it is voluntary, but the site is free!)

I've put up a poll to see prospective numbers too.

Deal has been made , there will be sun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Box Recipient #5

Last edited by Skidz; 3rd May 2011 at 05:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 21st March 2011, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Hein Gericke Address is

Hein Gericke - 33 Wellington New Road, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 5LU
and the route is here too......
Attached Files
File Type: doc UK rideout sv1000 April 2011.doc (37.5 KB, 23 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Box Recipient #5
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 21st March 2011, 08:33 PM
One man & his dog

♂ England
Farnham, Surrey, UK
Depends upon my date with destiny on the 8th - you couldn't put in a quite word for me??

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 21st March 2011, 08:40 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
warren you know what i need to be able to attend ,so Ill trust in your track record and see you on the 30th ,In the mean time Im trying to lose enough weight to get my gut in my leathers LOL.

I,m now into filth check out salisburyplain998 on youtube
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 21st March 2011, 11:25 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
bristol
i hope to make it further then 11 miles this time.......long as dave stays out the bushes........should b me,steve and dave if he has his new bike by then....
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 25th March 2011, 04:29 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Just for DC.....firm possibility of a definite maybe that I'll be there

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 25th March 2011, 10:45 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
poss +1 as mates just bought a trumpet.

post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 26th March 2011, 11:14 AM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Exclamation FOOD FOR THOUGHT ;-)

I've spent some time thinking on whether to post this or not....I think it is something that people need to be made aware of / reminded of again (especially after the crash on last Septembers event and the discussions that followed later).

It appears that there can be attendant 'responsibilities' with riding within groups of other riders now-a-days that you might not imagine!....

Quote:
Trial: Speeding biker blamed for fellow motorcyclist's death in A404 crash
10:55am Thu 24th Mar 11:: written by John Balson

A speeding biker caused a four-vehicle smash on the A404 in which a fellow rider was flung from his motorbike and run over by a pick-up truck, a court heard this week.

Paul Langguth, 56, from Henley, was crushed to death as he lay helpless on the southbound stretch of motorway near a railway line at Cox Green, Maidenhead.

The father-of-three had just collided with the wreckage of a motorbike belonging to Robert Grimes, of Glade Road, Marlow, who is on trial accused of causing death by careless driving, Reading Crown Court heard on Monday.

The incident took place in darkness on September 16, 2009.

The court heard that Grimes was travelling at almost 90mph when he fell from his bike after a Ford Focus in front performed an overtaking manoeuvre.

This started a chain reaction which led to Mr Langguth being hit by a black Mitsubishi Warrior - despite attempts by the Focus driver to flag down traffic, the court heard.

Prosecutor Ian Hope said it was a 'tragic' incident but that Grimes' 'excessive speed' and 'failure to monitor the traffic ahead' had been the root cause.

Yesterday the court heard from an accident investigator who calculated Grimes was travelling at 86 mph when he applied the brakes.

The trial continues.
Quote:
5 charged after death of biker couple near Tadcaster
News > Local
9:14am 14th March 2011.

Five West Yorkshire men arrested in connection with a motorcycle collision near Tadcaster on 25 August 2010 which claimed the lives of Bradford couple Dean and Helen Slater, have this weekend been charged with causing their deaths by dangerous driving.

Three men from Bradford, aged 31, 29 and 26, and a 28-year-old man from Bingley, have each been charged with two counts of causing death by dangerous driving.

A 36-year-old man from Keighley was charged with four offences: two counts of causing death by dangerous driving and two counts of causing death by dangerous driving while uninsured.

They have been released on conditional bail and are due to appear at Selby Magistrates' Court on 31 March 2011, 11am, court room 2.

All five men were riding motorcycles at the time of the collision on the A162 between Tadcaster and Sherburn in Elmet on Wednesday 25 August 2010. Mr Slater was riding a motorcycle and Mrs Slater was his pillion passenger.
I'm not going to say anything about the nature of the riding on the SW Rideouts (or on any other events/rideouts for that matter).......just want everyone (self included!) to stop and think on this for a few minutes and keep the 'implications' in mind ;-)

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!

Last edited by andyw; 26th March 2011 at 11:16 AM.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 26th March 2011, 11:33 AM
In memory of the Box

♂ Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya
Andy, I fully understand the thought and sentiment that brought you to make the above post.
As bikers, we should all understand the risks of our hobby and accept that our actions have consequences. Just like anything else in life.

I love riding my bike, and I love riding my bike with friends. I will be attending the SW owners ride out, and I will ride quickly, but not outside of my ability, if that means I will be left behind on some stretches of the route, then so be it.
I have found that I ride well with Torchwood and Bish, we ride at about the same pace. I would suggest everyone buddies up with a rider about their pace and stays with them for an enjoyable and safe ride.

After all it is a great day out, top company, great roads to ride, but we all need to be a bit sensible and not succumb to the 'Red mist'.

See you there guys.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europae vincendarum. (Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Alarm, TPS Mod, Scott oiler, de-snorkled, tank raised, TRE fitted then removed, EBC HH pads, Wavy front discs, Tail tidy, hugger, undertray, Tsubaki Gold series chain, Renthal sprockets. HEL Braided brake hoses, K&N Air Filter, Akrapovic oval Titanium cans, Power Commander III. Complete Respray. Hagon rear shock (remote pre-load adjuster), Hagon progressive fork springs.
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 26th March 2011, 08:31 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
fuck it lets all sell our bikes and buy pick up trucks ,its getting to the stage were I,m getting fed up with the constant attack on our fredom ,the above is just an attack by the back door and will continue until we are no more .
but any how as long as its dry Ill be there .

post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 27th March 2011, 06:39 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ England
Somerset - Taunton
Dates in the Diary, looking forward to it. Martin
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 27th March 2011, 08:06 PM
Forum whore

♂ England
This and the Sept. Run out are few of the times I think about
Getting another bike.
Then again the restrictive sh1t that Andyw reported (typical if this current
Society - it's always someone elses fault)
Only one guy was in charge of my throttle (bit of a twat I know)
It Makes me think well been there done that enjoyed the good and bad
(including my share of off's).
Enjoy guys hope skidz's deal with the devil still stands
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 27th March 2011, 08:13 PM
"Kiss my Ass"

♂ England
Hunmanby, North East.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy.SP1 View Post
This and the Sept. Run out are few of the times I think about
Getting another bike.
Then again the restrictive sh1t that Andyw reported (typical if this current
Society - it's always someone elses fault)
Only one guy was in charge of my throttle (bit of a twat I know)
It Makes me think well been there done that enjoyed the good and bad
(including my share of off's).
Enjoy guys hope skidz's deal with the devil still stands
Hey! blast from the past, where you been hiding?

[
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 28th March 2011, 04:31 PM
Wandering Geriatric

♂ United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy.SP1 View Post
This and the Sept. Run out are few of the times I think about getting another bike.
Hold that thought. Then develop it.

Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start to think there's people out there having fun on motorcycles, then it makes me take another look.

Steve Mcqueen - On Any Sunday
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 29th March 2011, 04:16 PM
L-Plate Rider

♂ United Kingdom
Looking forward to it...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in