UK South West Owners Rideout 17th September - Page 4 - SV1000 Portal
View Poll Results: South West Owners Meet. Can you make it?!
I'll be there, its a forum highlight! 12 54.55%
Hope to be there commitments pending 4 18.18%
Sorry, Not this time 7 31.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #46 of 76 (permalink) Old 18th September 2011, 10:27 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hobbs View Post

Must go, MotoGP is on.

See you in the Spring?
Spring? How many laps they doin?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 76 (permalink) Old 18th September 2011, 10:27 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Cheers for the names, good to see who's who
post #48 of 76 (permalink) Old 18th September 2011, 02:40 PM
Raising the standards

♂ England
Norfolk
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hobbs View Post
Thanks to all the riders who turned out on what at first looked to be a definitely dodgey day. But the effort was rewarded once everybody had got their waterproof gear sorted, and it turned out to be a reasonable day. A few short, hard showers but also a surprising amount of dry road. I don't know about the rest of you, but the only really sphincter puckering moment was caused by finding a wide spread of agricultural crap just after a fast, damp turn.

A couple of new machines made an appearance. Yoshikid had a new Triumph 800 triple which he is deeply in love with. Mark and Kim were on a glorious sounding Aprillia RSV4, which most of the rest of us are deeply in love with.

I think the staff at the Railway Inn were glad to see us because they had very few other customers. Just for a change we ate indoors.

The collection produced 34.50 which I have PayPal'd to Spankme.

As for the photo above, L to R.......

Steve.......Russels Ride.....V-Strom
Jack Frost......................Rocket 3
Maurice.........................Bandit
Me................................SV1000
Neil...............................Yamaha 4 of some sort
Kim...............................Aprillia RSV4
Mark.............................---------""--------
Stuart........Valves...........Ducati Multistrada
Ian..........Yoshikid..........Triumph Tiger 800
Roy...............................Triumph Triple
.............Bravo..............SV1000
Michelle.........................--------""------
Jackie...........................Fireblade
Scot.............................------""------

Aplogies to those whose names or site names I do't know.

Must go, MotoGP is on.

See you in the Spring?
On behalf of Scott,Jackie,Michelle(Mrs Bravo and myself,i would like to say a big THANK YOU to you Dave for hosting an excellent day,the weather was a bit of a bugger but it didn`t spoil it at all.
It was nice to see some old friends and also make some new ones,we will definatley be there in April and hope to see you all there too.Thanks once again.Bravo

You`ll find it`s a better class of people who own BMW motorcycles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #49 of 76 (permalink) Old 18th September 2011, 02:44 PM
Raising the standards

♂ England
Norfolk
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoburns View Post
I've hardly meet anyone on the site, would be good if you could name some of the faces for us.
Get yer arse down there in April jono,you can pick us up on the way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #50 of 76 (permalink) Old 18th September 2011, 03:09 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Glad you guys had a good day........and there were no mishaps despite farmer Gile's best effort!

REALLY wanted to be there but it was hacking it down first thing and there was no way I'm brave enough to scrub in a brand new pair of tyres in the wet (only got my wheels back late Friday....refit finished Sat morning!!) so plan B I thought, meet at Blackmoor Gate...

Plan B.............scuppered more torrential thundery showers

Pan C.............be at HG Taunton to form a one man welcome back committee. Looked promising for a while mid afternoon.....got my gear out, got changed and......

......it fcuking pissed down again!

Dave we'll have to do our own mini SW Rideout before 5th October!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg multistrada1200newtyresmicheli-L.jpg (134.1 KB, 18 views)

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!
post #51 of 76 (permalink) Old 18th September 2011, 03:10 PM
55,500 miles and counting

♂ United Kingdom
running out of birthdays fast.
WHAT, no skidz obviuosly not a proper SW rideout then.

My new toy. A 2005 Yamaha MT-01 1700cc torque monster.

DO NOT CLICK THESE LINKS IF YOU ARE A LIMP WRISTED GAY BOY AS YOU MAY BE SHOCKED !!!

post #52 of 76 (permalink) Old 18th September 2011, 06:00 PM
Raising the standards

♂ England
Norfolk
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw View Post
Glad you guys had a good day........and there were no mishaps despite farmer Gile's best effort!

REALLY wanted to be there but it was hacking it down first thing and there was no way I'm brave enough to scrub in a brand new pair of tyres in the wet (only got my wheels back late Friday....refit finished Sat morning!!) so plan B I thought, meet at Blackmoor Gate...

Pan C.............be at HG Taunton to form a one man welcome back committee. Looked promising for a while mid afternoon.....got my gear out, got changed and......

Shameyou didn`t make it Andy,the less charitable amongst the group reckoned you didn`t want to get your bike dirty!

post #53 of 76 (permalink) Old 18th September 2011, 06:02 PM
Chillaxing

♀ France
In the next valley over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
Shameyou didn`t make it Andy,the less charitable amongst the group reckoned you didn`t want to get your bike dirty!

Fully paid up member of Team Stealth
and C-in-C, GT, French wing
Maz, Ex Social Secretary and chief cut-and-paster, Petes' Posse... and survivor of the Euro 2009 Meet "The Bad Ass Tour"

post #54 of 76 (permalink) Old 18th September 2011, 06:21 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ England
cheshunt
Quote:

Pitifull Andy Just Pitifull!!
post #55 of 76 (permalink) Old 19th September 2011, 08:49 AM
Wandering Geriatric

♂ United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrose View Post
WHAT, no skidz obviuosly not a proper SW rideout then.
That was the cause of the weather problem. It seem that my soul does not have quite the same bargaining value as Warren's. Sorry guys

Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start to think there's people out there having fun on motorcycles, then it makes me take another look.

Steve Mcqueen - On Any Sunday
post #56 of 76 (permalink) Old 19th September 2011, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Nihil pro certo habueris

♂ England
Devonshire
Again, so sorry I missed this but other priorities well surpassed coming sadly.

Hopefully I will see you all in April and look forward to it. Sorry the sun did not make an appearance, if it was any consolation, it was not much better down South anyway. Will have to try and remedy that for 2012!

Warren

Box Recipient #5
post #57 of 76 (permalink) Old 19th September 2011, 07:27 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Quote:

I didn't want to get my bike wet either LOL,

I,m now into filth check out salisburyplain998 on youtube
post #58 of 76 (permalink) Old 19th September 2011, 08:36 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
.........I NEVER want to get my bike dirty! but tis nearly the end of the 'riding season, I love the SW Rideout route and I'll be laid up again for months after more surgery on the leg 06October i.e. I REALLY did intend/want to come along :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russells Ride View Post
Pitifull Andy Just Pitifull!!
Bugger off you old git! lol ..........when are you next doing your Wookey Hole thing?...will have to catch you then ;-)

The thing about speed is that you can't catch the quick riders to ask them how they got so fast!

Last edited by andyw; 21st September 2011 at 07:38 AM.
post #59 of 76 (permalink) Old 21st September 2011, 01:52 PM
Raising the standards

♂ England
Norfolk
Garage
Quote:
.........I NEVER want to get my bike dirty! but tis nearly the end of the 'riding season, I love the SW Rideout route and I'll be laid up again for months after more surgery on the leg 06October i.e. I REALLY did intend/want to come along :-(

Bugger off you old git! lol ..........when are you next doing your Wookey Hole thing?...will have to catch you then ;-)
Hope the op goes well,stay in touch!

post #60 of 76 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2011, 06:42 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
Weston Super Mare - UK
Garage
Thanks.........certain amount of trepidation already, I know exactly what to expect, been there, already got the T shirt as they say!
Watch out here for gory photos! lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in