UK South West Rideout 28th April 2012 - Page 4 - SV1000 Portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 28th April 2012, 10:24 AM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Kernow
Garage
Gutted I can't be there today! I knackered my back playing basketball on Thursday and am on some pretty serious pain killers that I am not allowed to drive on.

Hope the weather holds for you.

Keep safe!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

| 2008 SV1000 K7 Classic |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 28th April 2012, 10:47 AM
International dogsbody

♂ England
Belper, Derbyshire
ditto - hope you all have have a great time.
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 28th April 2012, 07:40 PM
Scooter boy

♂ United Kingdom
Cardiff
Dave

Thanks for leading the ride today. I had great time as always. Hope everyone got home without getting too wet - for once my return to Cardiff was bone dry.

See you all September 22 (unless Warren decides otherwise).

Cheers

post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 28th April 2012, 08:33 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
bristol
sooo what was the weather like then???any pics of the day....was wet here this morning...so went back to bed...gutted!!
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 28th April 2012, 10:44 PM
Scooter boy

♂ United Kingdom
Cardiff
A bit of everything today - some rain but not much, mist across the moor, cold -about 5C at the lunch stop - but it could have been worse. Photos to follow, I am sure.
post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 28th April 2012, 10:54 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
A bit of everything today - some rain but not much, mist across the moor, cold -about 5C at the lunch stop - but it could have been worse. Photos to follow, I am sure.
My folks came across from Barnstaple to Taunton, said it was mighty foggy, hope you all had a good ride and a good catch up.... Hope Andy in Hein Gericke sorted you all out with a hot brew at the finish ????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 29th April 2012, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Wandering Geriatric

♂ United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Garage
Your folks were quite right about the fog. We got it on the back road to Wheddon Cross and a bit more on the high ground above Lynmouth. The only other weather problems were a bit of drizzle in a couple of places and a biting cold wind wherever we stopped.

So, no lounging about with icecreams on the seafront at Minehead. Everybody headed for the cafe for hot drinks and toasted teacakes. The roads got better and better until after lunch we we were on dry roads. But the temperature prompted us to skip the Great Torrington stop. Nobody fancied an icecream.

The seven brave souls who made the trip were Bish, Dove Cazzo, Valves, Chandler, Hammer, Des and myself. Arriving back at Heine Gericke, everyone agreed that the effort had been well worth it. I hope you all had a dry trip home afterwards.

Thanks to DC and Stuart for taking a turn at leading (and keeping up a prettty damn brisk pace) so that I could furkle around in the pack, trying out a new movie camera. The filming was mostly rubbish. I really should have done sone testing with the camera beforehand.

I collected 18.50 which I wiil forward to Spankme later today. Thanks to all who kept a great tradition going. It should be noted that on SW Rideout #1 on September 13th 2003 there were only seven riders. It got better.

See you in September. What day will it be, Skidsz?

Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start to think there's people out there having fun on motorcycles, then it makes me take another look.

Steve Mcqueen - On Any Sunday
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 29th April 2012, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Wandering Geriatric

♂ United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare, UK
Garage
Just a couple of photos to prove we were there. Most were in the cafe already. Not a lot of other people around either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-04-28-004.jpg (1,009.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-04-28-005.jpg (988.6 KB, 34 views)

Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start to think there's people out there having fun on motorcycles, then it makes me take another look.

Steve Mcqueen - On Any Sunday
post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 29th April 2012, 02:49 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hobbs View Post
Just a couple of photos to prove we were there. Most were in the cafe already. Not a lot of other people around either.

Good effort guys... apart from the fog, sounds like you had a good ride, and enjoyed the local hot delicacies... lol

I'll be back on two wheels soon, and come hell or high water, rain or shine I'll be there in September!!! For the big breakfast...

Okay then I'll do the ride aswell, might even see if my local knowledge prevails and lead a group if the numbers increase..

Wait hang on, I got the group lost at Barnstaple time before... But since then I've never forgotten the route...

You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 30th April 2012, 10:15 PM
One man & his dog

♂ England
Farnham, Surrey, UK
Unfortunately Bish didn't make it back without help - rear wheel bearing failed on the bike he had on loan

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 30th April 2012, 11:04 PM
His Divine Shadow

♂ New Zealand
Auckland
Thanks for the donation guys. Always helpful.

I have never driven a car ! and I never will !!
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 1st May 2012, 09:01 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Glad you had a good ride ,I,m there in first week in july for a holiday at porlock with my brother and family planning on a few ride outs ,fingers crossed on the weather and I look forward to september being a scorcher LOL.

I,m now into filth check out salisburyplain998 on youtube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in