UK SW Rideout September 2012 - Page 2 - SV1000 Portal
View Poll Results: Which Saturday in September is good for you?
Saturday 15th 0 0%
Saturday 22nd 0 0%
Either is good for me 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 119 (permalink) Old 26th August 2012, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
One man & his dog

♂ England
Farnham, Surrey, UK
UK SW Warren's Rideout September 15th UPDATE

Date; Saturday 15th September.

Meet; Taunton Hein Geirke TA1 5LU

Time; 09:30am

All are welcome

Dave Hobb's has kindly agreed to lead and I have informed The Old Station House Inn at Blackmoor to expect 20-30 of us but the more the better.

"A rideout in memory of a dear friend who always made everyone feel welcome whenever they came on this rideout."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 119 (permalink) Old 27th August 2012, 10:43 AM
SV1200 please

♂ England
Binfield, Berkshire
Hotel room booked for the Friday night (Holiday Inn Express) so see you lot (I hope) there

Seems wrong to look forward to it but I am, it will be strange to not have Warren there in person, but I have no doubt we will all share a quiet moment of reflection, and then take part in the best rideout of them all, Warren's rideout.

See you there

DC

Keep Britain Tidy. Tuck in your shirt, comb your hair and give your shoes a bit of a polish

SV1000S K3 Silver & Scratched
Yoshimura 2:1, PCIII, Hamicad Fender Eliminator, Rad and Oil Cooler Grills,
Snorkelectomy, MCN Suspension Settings, Goodridge Braided Hoses and EBC HH pads
post #18 of 119 (permalink) Old 27th August 2012, 01:15 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ England
cheshunt
will see you there

post #19 of 119 (permalink) Old 27th August 2012, 02:46 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United States
North Carolina
I did not know Warren or have the chance to meet him except for on this forum. This site has been very helpful and it sounds like he was a very big part of not only the site, but helping the SV community in general.

Suicide is a horrible thing, not just for the victims, but also for the surviving families. My father in law took his life two years ago. It has been devastating to the family. If anything good can come from all this, it would be to make us more aware of suicide in our societies and hopefully help prevent it.

There may not be enough time to coordinate here in the U.S. but if you make this an annual event, I would like to help coordinate the same here in the States. We have a lot of SVs here and we have a great sportbike community that I'm sure would participate.

Barrett Powell
post #20 of 119 (permalink) Old 27th August 2012, 04:42 PM
Forum whore

♂ United Kingdom
bristol
rip dude....ride on skyward bound.....i`ll/we`ll b there rain or shine
post #21 of 119 (permalink) Old 27th August 2012, 05:41 PM
I love my SV

♂ United Kingdom
West Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbpo5l View Post
I did not know Warren or have the chance to meet him except for on this forum. This site has been very helpful and it sounds like he was a very big part of not only the site, but helping the SV community in general.

Suicide is a horrible thing, not just for the victims, but also for the surviving families. My father in law took his life two years ago. It has been devastating to the family. If anything good can come from all this, it would be to make us more aware of suicide in our societies and hopefully help prevent it.

There may not be enough time to coordinate here in the U.S. but if you make this an annual event, I would like to help coordinate the same here in the States. We have a lot of SVs here and we have a great sportbike community that I'm sure would participate.

Barrett Powell
Amen ol chap....!!
post #22 of 119 (permalink) Old 27th August 2012, 07:00 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ England
cheshunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbpo5l View Post

Barrett Powell
Thats a thoughtfull gesture Barrett hope you get all the support of your fellow SV ers in the US
post #23 of 119 (permalink) Old 27th August 2012, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
One man & his dog

♂ England
Farnham, Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dove_cazzo View Post
Hotel room booked for the Friday night (Holiday Inn Express) so see you lot (I hope) there

Seems wrong to look forward to it but I am, it will be strange to not have Warren there in person, but I have no doubt we will all share a quiet moment of reflection, and then take part in the best rideout of them all, Warren's rideout.

See you there

DC
Hi DC let us know your ride down plan for Friday and maybe me and Steve can meet up with you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can live more in 5 minutes on a bike... than some people will live in their whole lifetime (Burt Munro, World's Fastest Indian)
post #24 of 119 (permalink) Old 27th August 2012, 10:32 PM
Hardcore Biker

♂ United Kingdom
Be there what ever the weather ,RIP a great guy truly shocked .

I,m now into filth check out salisburyplain998 on youtube
post #25 of 119 (permalink) Old 27th August 2012, 11:26 PM
The Red Devil

♂ England
Taunton, Somerset
Admins

Is it possible to make this page a sticky thread..

Thank you

WARREN'S RIDE SOUTHWEST

You know you're on the absolute limit when you go round a corner with everything scraping and you haven't slid off
post #26 of 119 (permalink) Old 28th August 2012, 12:44 AM
Forum whore

♂ England
BIKE DREAM WORLD !
Have posted the details on the Busa site I'm sure Warren would have done this himself !

Bandit Bandit !!!!!!

I was on the 2009 bad ass tour !
post #27 of 119 (permalink) Old 28th August 2012, 01:35 AM
Waiting to go for a boat ride

♂ United States
IOWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenee View Post
Is it possible to make this page a sticky thread..

Thank you

WARREN'S RIDE SOUTHWEST
Yep!

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!

500 RWHP, seats 5, and runs low 11's in the 1320. Yep, that'll do!
post #28 of 119 (permalink) Old 28th August 2012, 06:01 AM
Grrrrrrrrr!!!

United Kingdom
Ooooarrr!
Gutted that I can't make this one. I'll be thinking of you all, but mostly Warren.

Just wanted to advise that it's also the same day as the Tour of Britain goes from Barnstaple to Dartmouth. The cyclists should be long gone by the time you get there but the area may be generally busy.

Rule Brittania!

post #29 of 119 (permalink) Old 28th August 2012, 07:48 PM
Raising the standards

♂ England
Norfolk
Garage
Will ride down late Friday afternoon, stop overnight, do the ride out then head home after...... Will we be having brekkie in tescos?

You`ll find it`s a better class of people who own BMW motorcycles
post #30 of 119 (permalink) Old 28th August 2012, 08:40 PM
Chillaxing

♀ France
In the next valley over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
Will ride down late Friday afternoon, stop overnight, do the ride out then head home after...... Will we be having brekkie in tescos?
How could you not?? It was tradition, Skidz made it so!

Fully paid up member of Team Stealth
and C-in-C, GT, French wing
Maz, Ex Social Secretary and chief cut-and-paster, Petes' Posse... and survivor of the Euro 2009 Meet "The Bad Ass Tour"

Tags
2012, rideout, september, skidz, southwest, taunton, warren

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SV1000 Portal forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in